Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Streaming question for the techies
Bookmark and Share
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Streaming question for the techies
...well probably not that technical, but since I can't get down to the game I decided to hook up the apple TV and stream to my HDTV. The thing I don't know how to do is to pick it up from my Wi-Fi. What do I need to get from the internet connection on my PC through the Wi-Fi, through the Apple TV and get the stream on the TV? I probably should have started this sooner. Got the Apple TV as a Xmas gift and never thought of using it till now. Do I need a Netflix or some other subscription?

I've fallen way behind on technology...
09-03-2015 05:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Streaming question for the techies
Not sure how Apple TV works, but I would guess that somewhere in the Apple TV setup it will ask you to select a WiFi network to log into. Then you will need to enter your wifi password. How you connect to ESPN3 from that I wouldn't know.

Netflix subscription wouldn't help.
09-03-2015 05:35 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
haven't been able to even find the set-up for the apple TV. I think I know the password to my Wi-Fi...Has to be on one of the HDMI inputs, but haven't found it just yet.
09-03-2015 05:41 PM
Advertisement

NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
There a number of videos instructing you on howl to connect your apple tv to wifi but each address different arrangements. Take a look on a google search on "how to connect apple tv to wifi"

Good luck
09-03-2015 05:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
think I have it figured out except now I can't remember the password to the Wi-Fi. Going to have to reset the router as well at halftime. Good picture on the PC - but want the 60 inch instead of the 24 inch..
09-03-2015 06:32 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
time to reset the router password during storm delay...
09-03-2015 06:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.