CSNbbs
A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------- Forum: NTR Sports (/forum-675.html)
+------- Thread: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." (/thread-729393.html)

Pages: 1 2

A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - BinghamptonNed - 03-05-2015 01:27 PM

I guess he is going public to stop some of the constant criticism.

More quotes from Sports Illustrated Online article:

"He's done a really good job with these guys. It's ridiculous to say that someone is coaching for his job for one game and that it would be up or down in one game."

Responding to rumors that he is only keeping coach due to Huge Buyout:

"And while that's a big number and a significant amount of money, that's not what is keeping him in the job. I think he needs to be the coach ... I want him to be the coach here,”

"Everybody thinks the guy with the clipboard, the next guy, can be better. But starting over is overrated. You can't be willy-nilly about it."

Complaining Fans Looking foolish in National Media

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - JRR_IV - 03-05-2015 01:29 PM

That's Indiana?

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - RCM1029 - 03-05-2015 01:29 PM

Meh...Crean is gone.

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - TigerRun1 - 03-05-2015 01:35 PM

(03-05-2015 01:27 PM)BinghamptonNed Wrote:  I guess he is going public to stop some of the constant criticism.

More quotes from Sports Illustrated Online article:

"He's done a really good job with these guys. It's ridiculous to say that someone is coaching for his job for one game and that it would be up or down in one game."

Responding to rumors that he is only keeping coach due to Huge Buyout:

"And while that's a big number and a significant amount of money, that's not what is keeping him in the job. I think he needs to be the coach ... I want him to be the coach here,”

"Everybody thinks the guy with the clipboard, the next guy, can be better. But starting over is overrated. You can't be willy-nilly about it."

Complaining Fans Looking foolish in National Media

disingenuous?

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - RheaJ - 03-05-2015 01:36 PM

Wheeeeew, I got scared for a second and thought this had to do with Tiger Basketball or the University of Memphis in general.

Lol thanks for the heart attack!!!!

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - bluebacker - 03-05-2015 01:37 PM

Can't be true. According to the good posters Memphis fans are the only ones who would act like this.......

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - Ramen_Tiger - 03-05-2015 01:41 PM

We should hire Tom Crean

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - snowtiger - 03-05-2015 01:49 PM

(03-05-2015 01:41 PM)Ramen_Tiger Wrote:  We should hire Tom Crean

being discussed..?

No, that doesn't look right.

being discussed.

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - BinghamptonNed - 03-05-2015 01:55 PM

(03-05-2015 01:37 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  Can't be true. According to the good posters Memphis fans are the only ones who would act like this.......

parallel is interesting.... btw Crean has made a final four at Marquette and two sweet 16s at Indiana.

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - RheaJ - 03-05-2015 01:57 PM

Look, we got the guy we need. If you guys hate Pastner so much I don't understand why you just don't go route for UTK and Ole Miss and insertnamehere

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - btiger - 03-05-2015 02:00 PM

(03-05-2015 01:57 PM)RheaJ Wrote:  Look, we got the guy we need. If you guys hate Pastner so much I don't understand why you just don't go route for UTK and Ole Miss and insertnamehere

im firmly in the Kentucky camp right now

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - 3601 - 03-05-2015 02:10 PM

(03-05-2015 02:00 PM)btiger Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 01:57 PM)RheaJ Wrote:  Look, we got the guy we need. If you guys hate Pastner so much I don't understand why you just don't go route for UTK and Ole Miss and insertnamehere

Everybody loves a winner!

[Image: Calipari-not-resting-on-championship-lau...-large.jpg]

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - Strat57 - 03-05-2015 02:19 PM

(03-05-2015 02:00 PM)btiger Wrote:  

b loves him some "Honest John".03-lmfao

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - fsquid - 03-05-2015 02:27 PM

if you want Marshall, you better hope that AD isn't lying.

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - 80sTiger - 03-05-2015 02:29 PM

This could be good news for us if GM is really an option ...

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - Tygrys - 03-05-2015 02:32 PM

This is like the equivalent of an 8 year old saying, "well if you like Pastner so much, why don't you marry him? Hehehehe"...

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - tiger1016 - 03-05-2015 02:42 PM

ntr?

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - MemTiger90 - 03-05-2015 02:51 PM

What?!? Got the guy we need?!? What are your aspirations for Tiger basketball?? If you're aspirations consist of Juco scrubs, troubled transfers, the occasional 3 star HS guy, NIT's, first round NCAA exits, half empty arena, daily "flu contractions", multiple "sprained ankles", and complete and utter chaos, then damn right, we've got the guy we need!!

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy.&q... - snowtiger - 03-05-2015 02:53 PM

(03-05-2015 01:36 PM)RheaJ Wrote:  Wheeeeew, I got scared for a second and thought this had to do with Tiger Basketball or the University of Memphis in general.

Lol thanks for the heart attack!!!!

lol. Our AD knows better!!!!

#ACTING!!!!

RE: A.D. Says he "fully supports the coach and that his job is not in jeopardy." - thagr82008 - 03-05-2015 02:57 PM

Crean is a "Beast" would invigor8 the environment to astronomical levels,thrive and be a Superstar in Memphis....would also get THE most production out of AN!!!!!!! Praying for his arrival