CSNbbs
News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' (/thread-728240.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - Fitbud - 02-25-2015 10:20 AM

While chatting about Lady Gaga's "Sound of Music" tribute at Sunday's Academy Awards, Kristi Capel of Cleveland's "Fox 8 News In The Morning" tried to pay the singer a compliment, but used a racial slur in the process.

Capel said she couldn't truly appreciate the pop performer when she sings her own songs: "It's hard to really hear her voice with all the jigaboo music," she told colleague Wayne Dawson, before repeating the word again.

Capel tweeted an apology claiming ignorance of the term's meaning after one viewer called her out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23/kristi-capel-jigaboo_n_6736670.html

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - EverRespect - 02-25-2015 10:21 AM

I prefer mucaca music.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - EverRespect - 02-25-2015 10:24 AM

Sorry, this is an overwhelming not guilty

[Image: MO.jpg]

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - Crebman - 02-25-2015 11:07 AM

(02-25-2015 10:20 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  While chatting about Lady Gaga's "Sound of Music" tribute at Sunday's Academy Awards, Kristi Capel of Cleveland's "Fox 8 News In The Morning" tried to pay the singer a compliment, but used a racial slur in the process.

Capel said she couldn't truly appreciate the pop performer when she sings her own songs: "It's hard to really hear her voice with all the jigaboo music," she told colleague Wayne Dawson, before repeating the word again.

Capel tweeted an apology claiming ignorance of the term's meaning after one viewer called her out.

You know - this is one of those instances where I actually believe she had no idea what she was saying. She's on camera live, looking at her black co-anchor - it just wouldn't be a place she would use that term even if she were so inclined.

That term really was more prevalent in the past, I just think she was a young, dumb talking head that used a term that she didn't know the meaning of.

Now, will be interesting to see if she still loses her job, the PC police aren't very forgiving.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - Fitbud - 02-25-2015 11:12 AM

(02-25-2015 11:07 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 10:20 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  While chatting about Lady Gaga's "Sound of Music" tribute at Sunday's Academy Awards, Kristi Capel of Cleveland's "Fox 8 News In The Morning" tried to pay the singer a compliment, but used a racial slur in the process.

You know - this is one of those instances where I actually believe she had no idea what she was saying. She's on camera live, looking at her black co-anchor - it just wouldn't be a place she would use that term even if she were so inclined.

That term really was more prevalent in the past, I just think she was a young, dumb talking head that used a term that she didn't know the meaning of.

Now, will be interesting to see if she still loses her job, the PC police aren't very forgiving.

She's not going to lose her job. I just find it a typical example of how people grow up in their household thinking certain things aren't racist.

We see it alot in this forum. People say and do things that they find perfectly natural without any idea that it's actually racist.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - Crebman - 02-25-2015 11:20 AM

(02-25-2015 11:12 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

She's not going to lose her job. I just find it a typical example of how people grow up in their household thinking certain things aren't racist.

We see it alot in this forum. People say and do things that they find perfectly natural without any idea that it's actually racist.

or it just could be that some people find racist things in everything that is said. Just sayin.......

Now - is the word Jigaboo a racist word? Yes.

Is the term "black" racist - I'd argue no, but who knows what the thought police have determined as of today. That's my point - we're in a period of playing moving goal posts.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 11:22 AM

Is jigaboo a bad word or something?

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 11:23 AM

Besides, Gaga's music sucks almost as bad as kanye west's music.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - All Dukes_All Day - 02-25-2015 11:23 AM

Jigaboo isn't a commonly used slur (it isn't even edited out in the swear filter)....but she probably should know what it means as a news anchor.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 11:25 AM

(02-25-2015 11:12 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I just find it a typical example of how people grow up in their household thinking certain things aren't racist.

Maybe that's because some people don't grow up having race baiters to tell them what they can and can't say in this nation of free speech.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - Fitbud - 02-25-2015 11:38 AM

(02-25-2015 11:20 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 11:12 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

or it just could be that some people find racist things in everything that is said. Just sayin.......

Now - is the word Jigaboo a racist word? Yes.

Is the term "black" racist - I'd argue no, but who knows what the thought police have determined as of today. That's my point - we're in a period of playing moving goal posts.

You are going to equate "jigaboo" to " black". Wow. Just wow.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 11:50 AM

(02-25-2015 11:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  You are going to equate "jigaboo" to " black". Wow. Just wow.

So is it a word associated with black people or not? I'm having a hard time figuring out what your purpose is with this thread and that response.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 11:51 AM

It's like saying "wow just wow" to someone equating cracker to white, amirite?

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - South Carolina Duke - 02-25-2015 11:51 AM

She can say whatever she wants!....Look at her! Wow!

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 11:57 AM

(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  She can say whatever she wants!....Look at her! Wow!

I'm trying to remember when people got so damn sensitive over little words.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - South Carolina Duke - 02-25-2015 12:03 PM

Sticks and stones may break my bones......

This is the result of the emasculation of American males. No better place to take notice than right here on this board. Males In ***** Only or a new Acronym, MIPO's!!

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - CliftonAve - 02-25-2015 12:04 PM

(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  She can say whatever she wants!....Look at her! Wow!

She was Miss Missouri 2006 and competed in the Miss America pageant.

She wouldn't be the first former beauty contestant to publically say something stupid

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - Fitbud - 02-25-2015 12:05 PM

(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  It's like saying "wow just wow" to someone equating cracker to white, amirite?

So you 're going to equate "cracker" to "white"? Wow. Just wow.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 12:08 PM

(02-25-2015 12:05 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  It's like saying "wow just wow" to someone equating cracker to white, amirite?

So you 're going to equate "cracker" to "white"? Wow. Just wow.

Yes, because not only will a white person not piss and moan and complain and cry about it, but neither will an Hispanic or black.

You guys that are guilty of it really need to let a nut drop and start toughening up your skin. It's pathetic to cry over such stupid things.

RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music' - LSU04_08 - 02-25-2015 12:10 PM

(02-25-2015 12:03 PM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Sticks and stones may break my bones......

This is the result of the emasculation of American males. No better place to take notice than right here on this board. Males In ***** Only or a new Acronym, MIPO's!!

Sticks and stones may break their bones, but words will forever hurt them.