Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music'
Fitbud Offline
Banned

I Root For: PAC 12
News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music'
While chatting about Lady Gaga's "Sound of Music" tribute at Sunday's Academy Awards, Kristi Capel of Cleveland's "Fox 8 News In The Morning" tried to pay the singer a compliment, but used a racial slur in the process.

Capel said she couldn't truly appreciate the pop performer when she sings her own songs: "It's hard to really hear her voice with all the jigaboo music," she told colleague Wayne Dawson, before repeating the word again.

Capel tweeted an apology claiming ignorance of the term's meaning after one viewer called her out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/23...36670.html
02-25-2015 10:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
RE: News Anchor Kristi Capel Says Lady Gaga Sings 'Jigaboo Music'
I prefer mucaca music.
02-25-2015 10:21 AM
EverRespect Offline
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Sorry, this is an overwhelming not guilty

[Image: MO.jpg]
02-25-2015 10:24 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2015 10:20 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  While chatting about Lady Gaga's "Sound of Music" tribute at Sunday's Academy Awards, Kristi Capel of Cleveland's "Fox 8 News In The Morning" tried to pay the singer a compliment, but used a racial slur in the process.

Capel said she couldn't truly appreciate the pop performer when she sings her own songs: "It's hard to really hear her voice with all the jigaboo music," she told colleague Wayne Dawson, before repeating the word again.

Capel tweeted an apology claiming ignorance of the term's meaning after one viewer called her out.

You know - this is one of those instances where I actually believe she had no idea what she was saying. She's on camera live, looking at her black co-anchor - it just wouldn't be a place she would use that term even if she were so inclined.

That term really was more prevalent in the past, I just think she was a young, dumb talking head that used a term that she didn't know the meaning of.

Now, will be interesting to see if she still loses her job, the PC police aren't very forgiving.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 11:08 AM by Crebman.)
02-25-2015 11:07 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-25-2015 11:07 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 10:20 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  While chatting about Lady Gaga's "Sound of Music" tribute at Sunday's Academy Awards, Kristi Capel of Cleveland's "Fox 8 News In The Morning" tried to pay the singer a compliment, but used a racial slur in the process.

You know - this is one of those instances where I actually believe she had no idea what she was saying. She's on camera live, looking at her black co-anchor - it just wouldn't be a place she would use that term even if she were so inclined.

That term really was more prevalent in the past, I just think she was a young, dumb talking head that used a term that she didn't know the meaning of.

Now, will be interesting to see if she still loses her job, the PC police aren't very forgiving.

She's not going to lose her job. I just find it a typical example of how people grow up in their household thinking certain things aren't racist.

We see it alot in this forum. People say and do things that they find perfectly natural without any idea that it's actually racist.
02-25-2015 11:12 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(02-25-2015 11:12 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

She's not going to lose her job. I just find it a typical example of how people grow up in their household thinking certain things aren't racist.

We see it alot in this forum. People say and do things that they find perfectly natural without any idea that it's actually racist.

or it just could be that some people find racist things in everything that is said. Just sayin.......

Now - is the word Jigaboo a racist word? Yes.

Is the term "black" racist - I'd argue no, but who knows what the thought police have determined as of today. That's my point - we're in a period of playing moving goal posts.
02-25-2015 11:20 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

I Root For: The Deplorables
Is jigaboo a bad word or something?
02-25-2015 11:22 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

Besides, Gaga's music sucks almost as bad as kanye west's music.
02-25-2015 11:23 AM
All Dukes_All Day Offline
All American

I Root For: JMU, Pitt
Jigaboo isn't a commonly used slur (it isn't even edited out in the swear filter)....but she probably should know what it means as a news anchor.
(This post was last modified: 02-25-2015 11:24 AM by All Dukes_All Day.)
02-25-2015 11:23 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-25-2015 11:12 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  I just find it a typical example of how people grow up in their household thinking certain things aren't racist.

Maybe that's because some people don't grow up having race baiters to tell them what they can and can't say in this nation of free speech.
02-25-2015 11:25 AM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-25-2015 11:20 AM)Crebman Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 11:12 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  

or it just could be that some people find racist things in everything that is said. Just sayin.......

Now - is the word Jigaboo a racist word? Yes.

Is the term "black" racist - I'd argue no, but who knows what the thought police have determined as of today. That's my point - we're in a period of playing moving goal posts.

You are going to equate "jigaboo" to " black". Wow. Just wow.
02-25-2015 11:38 AM
Advertisement

LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-25-2015 11:38 AM)Fitbud Wrote:  You are going to equate "jigaboo" to " black". Wow. Just wow.

So is it a word associated with black people or not? I'm having a hard time figuring out what your purpose is with this thread and that response.
02-25-2015 11:50 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

It's like saying "wow just wow" to someone equating cracker to white, amirite?
02-25-2015 11:51 AM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
She can say whatever she wants!....Look at her! Wow!
02-25-2015 11:51 AM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  She can say whatever she wants!....Look at her! Wow!

I'm trying to remember when people got so damn sensitive over little words.
02-25-2015 11:57 AM
South Carolina Duke Offline
Banned

I Root For: James Madison
Sticks and stones may break my bones......

This is the result of the emasculation of American males. No better place to take notice than right here on this board. Males In ***** Only or a new Acronym, MIPO's!!
02-25-2015 12:03 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  She can say whatever she wants!....Look at her! Wow!

She was Miss Missouri 2006 and competed in the Miss America pageant.

She wouldn't be the first former beauty contestant to publically say something stupid
02-25-2015 12:04 PM
Fitbud Offline
Banned

(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  It's like saying "wow just wow" to someone equating cracker to white, amirite?

So you 're going to equate "cracker" to "white"? Wow. Just wow.
02-25-2015 12:05 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-25-2015 12:05 PM)Fitbud Wrote:  
(02-25-2015 11:51 AM)LSU04_08 Wrote:  It's like saying "wow just wow" to someone equating cracker to white, amirite?

So you 're going to equate "cracker" to "white"? Wow. Just wow.

Yes, because not only will a white person not piss and moan and complain and cry about it, but neither will an Hispanic or black.

You guys that are guilty of it really need to let a nut drop and start toughening up your skin. It's pathetic to cry over such stupid things.
02-25-2015 12:08 PM
LSU04_08 Offline
Deo Vindice

(02-25-2015 12:03 PM)South Carolina Duke Wrote:  Sticks and stones may break my bones......

This is the result of the emasculation of American males. No better place to take notice than right here on this board. Males In ***** Only or a new Acronym, MIPO's!!

Sticks and stones may break their bones, but words will forever hurt them.
02-25-2015 12:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.