CSNbbs
If BP were our coach in this game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: If BP were our coach in this game (/thread-725349.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If BP were our coach in this game - Nobody4Prez - 02-01-2015 12:09 AM

No way Shaq and Austin would be non factors

How many 3s can a coach give bad shooting guards?

We have two down low studs and we do not run Dribble Drive or any high post sets.

Just silly and we look like a bad AAU team with no plan or design

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - Crazier - 02-01-2015 12:13 AM

Stop it. CJP is the best coach in Memphis history. BP can't even beat Tennessee.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - truest blue tiger - 02-01-2015 12:26 AM

GO AWAY!!!;!

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - mapdude - 02-01-2015 12:28 AM

Official announcement....

Pastner4Prez is now on ignore

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - MTigerBlue - 02-01-2015 12:29 AM

. . . our bench would have won the ugly contest.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - springcat - 02-01-2015 12:31 AM

(02-01-2015 12:29 AM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  . . . our bench would have won the ugly contest.

The ugly contest was won by the Gonzaga female student body

Gross

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - MemphisTigerPawr - 02-01-2015 12:40 AM

Sad to say but we are schooled by any top 25 level coach, and the record shows it in our lack of wins vs that competition and ability to advance in the NCAA. It is what it is.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - Tiger Greg - 02-01-2015 01:06 AM

It was a top three, fixing to be two, team. And they looked every bit of it.
Doubt if UK could beat these guys, but continue on with your fantasy.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - dgold38 - 02-01-2015 01:12 AM

(02-01-2015 12:09 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  No way Shaq and Austin would be non factors

How many 3s can a coach give bad shooting guards?

We have two down low studs and we do not run Dribble Drive or any high post sets.

Just silly and we look like a bad AAU team with no plan or design

I agree with most of what you said but the dribble drive is for guards and face up players not post players.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - presskh - 02-01-2015 01:23 AM

(02-01-2015 01:06 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  It was a top three, fixing to be two, team. And they looked every bit of it.

Disagree. UK could beat Gonzaga.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - Tiger Greg - 02-01-2015 01:28 AM

(02-01-2015 01:23 AM)presskh Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 01:06 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  It was a top three, fixing to be two, team. And they looked every bit of it.

They might win, but they wouldn't necessarily be the favorite. That's why they play the games.
Who knows? UK might not ever get the chance.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - Nobody4Prez - 02-01-2015 01:43 AM

(02-01-2015 12:28 AM)mapdude Wrote:  Official announcement....

Official announcement?

Guys can I retract so MapDude doesn't ignore me? Not sure I could live with that.

People can act like they want to keep JP but deep down there are only 10% of Tiger fans that believe he will raise the bar.

Heck I wish he could and I've been a JP supporter since the middle of last year.

He's just not the guy to lead Memphis back to the Kirk, Finch, and Cal days.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - truest blue tiger - 02-01-2015 09:00 AM

I'm in agreement with you somewhat on your last post. I don't have total belief that CJP is the man for the job anymore either. But the CONSTANT bashing and negative post that are often overly dramatic, have worn thin. It's to the point that you can barely listen to the radio, and it's hard to even look at this forum. I enjoy listening to the radio on my way to work, but I've stopped listening to Peter Edmaiston because he's so one sided with his talks, and encourages certain listeners to call in. We suck, I get it, coach sucks, I get it, but sheesh.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - tigerjamesc - 02-01-2015 09:23 AM

The silliest thing about this whole post is the fact we ran both the dribble drive handoff and high post (ridiculously high post I might add) most of the night. If we ran a set, it was the triangle, dribble drive, or cross high post

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - bluebacker - 02-01-2015 09:36 AM

(02-01-2015 12:40 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Sad to say but we are schooled by any top 25 level coach, and the record shows it in our lack of wins vs that competition and ability to advance in the NCAA. It is what it is.

It's really any top 50.....

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - FUB - 02-01-2015 09:44 AM

(02-01-2015 01:28 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  

They might win, but they wouldn't necessarily be the favorite. That's why they play the games.

C'mon man. I don't think UK would have a problem winning that game. They are twice as deep as Gonzaga and could keep the pressure up all night on their a$$. None of that changes the fact that we still have the same problem we have had all along. Teams pack the inside and force us to shoot outside. We oblige and take the worst possible shoots too early in the clock with no one to rebound. Nichols could not move the ball at all and when he was open guards choose to drive the lane against two defenders and basically throw the ball away. We threw passes into people with three defenders on them and on and on. This is just bad basketball. I just don't believe things will change this or next year . The Lawsons will be freshman and it will take some time for them to develope and get used to the speed and physicality of the game. Then there is the question of who the hell our point guard will be. The whole thing has become a large mess on the level of a southland conference team . SMDH

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - HoopDreams - 02-01-2015 09:46 AM

(02-01-2015 09:44 AM)FUB Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 01:28 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  

C'mon man. I don't think UK would have a problem winning that game. They are twice as deep as Gonzaga and could keep the pressure up all night on their a$$. None of that changes the fact that we still have the same problem we have had all along. Teams pack the inside and force us to shoot outside. We oblige and take the worst possible shoots too early in the clock with no one to rebound. Nichols could not move the ball at all and when he was open guards choose to drive the lane against two defenders and basically throw the ball away. We threw passes into people with three defenders on them and on and on. This is just bad basketball. I just don't believe things will change this or next year . The Lawsons will be freshman and it will take some time for them to develope and get used to the speed and physicality of the game. Then there is the question of who the hell our point guard will be. The whole thing has become a large mess on the level of a southland conference team . SMDH

Yep

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - jcisonline - 02-01-2015 09:49 AM

(02-01-2015 09:23 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  The silliest thing about this whole post is the fact we ran both the dribble drive handoff and high post (ridiculously high post I might add) most of the night. If we ran a set, it was the triangle, dribble drive, or cross high post

Totally agree here. Saw dribble drive all night and was just overwhelmed by our lack of athleticism by our guards. Can't shoot and can't get to the rim. Forcing our bigs to get doubled.

Just an incredible lack of talent right now.

Which is still on coach but overwhelmed by the talent disparity. Watching pantos kill us on his dribble penetration was hard to see.

RE: If BP were our coach in this game - BealeStreetTiger - 02-01-2015 09:52 AM

(02-01-2015 09:00 AM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  I'm in agreement with you somewhat on your last post. I don't have total belief that CJP is the man for the job anymore either. But the CONSTANT bashing and negative post that are often overly dramatic, have worn thin. It's to the point that you can barely listen to the radio, and it's hard to even look at this forum. I enjoy listening to the radio on my way to work, but I've stopped listening to Peter Edmaiston because he's so one sided with his talks, and encourages certain listeners to call in. We suck, I get it, coach sucks, I get it, but sheesh.

If you and others can’t take The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of sports then maybe it is time to move on to another pastime. It comes with the territory.

Knitting, sewing, and crocheting are one-on-one activities which are prefect for the faint of heart. High level sports are played by Jocks, bad boys…(as they say).

Re: RE: If BP were our coach in this game - shere khan - 02-01-2015 10:25 AM

(02-01-2015 01:43 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 12:28 AM)mapdude Wrote:  Official announcement....

Official announcement?

Guys can I retract so MapDude doesn't ignore me? Not sure I could live with that.

People can act like they want to keep JP but deep down there are only 10% of Tiger fans that believe he will raise the bar.

Heck I wish he could and I've been a JP supporter since the middle of last year.

He's just not the guy to lead Memphis back to the Kirk, Finch, and Cal days.

Haha. You mean probation and vacated wins and titles

Uh ok