Open TigerLinks

If BP were our coach in this game
Bookmark and Share
Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
If BP were our coach in this game
No way Shaq and Austin would be non factors

How many 3s can a coach give bad shooting guards?

We have two down low studs and we do not run Dribble Drive or any high post sets.

Just silly and we look like a bad AAU team with no plan or design
02-01-2015 12:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Crazier Offline
All American

RE: If BP were our coach in this game
Stop it. CJP is the best coach in Memphis history. BP can't even beat Tennessee.
02-01-2015 12:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
truest blue tiger Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: memphis tigers
GO AWAY!!!;!
02-01-2015 12:26 AM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
Official announcement....

Pastner4Prez is now on ignore
02-01-2015 12:28 AM
MTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

. . . our bench would have won the ugly contest.
02-01-2015 12:29 AM
springcat Offline
All American

(02-01-2015 12:29 AM)MTigerBlue Wrote:  . . . our bench would have won the ugly contest.

The ugly contest was won by the Gonzaga female student body

Gross
02-01-2015 12:31 AM
Advertisement

MemphisTigerPawr Offline
Jesus is the risen LORD and Savior

I Root For: TIGERS

Donators
Sad to say but we are schooled by any top 25 level coach, and the record shows it in our lack of wins vs that competition and ability to advance in the NCAA. It is what it is.
02-01-2015 12:40 AM
Tiger Greg Offline
1st String

It was a top three, fixing to be two, team. And they looked every bit of it.
Doubt if UK could beat these guys, but continue on with your fantasy.
02-01-2015 01:06 AM
dgold38 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: memphis
(02-01-2015 12:09 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  No way Shaq and Austin would be non factors

How many 3s can a coach give bad shooting guards?

We have two down low studs and we do not run Dribble Drive or any high post sets.

Just silly and we look like a bad AAU team with no plan or design

I agree with most of what you said but the dribble drive is for guards and face up players not post players.
02-01-2015 01:12 AM
presskh Offline
Heisman

(02-01-2015 01:06 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  It was a top three, fixing to be two, team. And they looked every bit of it.

Disagree. UK could beat Gonzaga.
02-01-2015 01:23 AM
Tiger Greg Offline
1st String

(02-01-2015 01:23 AM)presskh Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 01:06 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  It was a top three, fixing to be two, team. And they looked every bit of it.

They might win, but they wouldn't necessarily be the favorite. That's why they play the games.
Who knows? UK might not ever get the chance.
02-01-2015 01:28 AM
Advertisement

Nobody4Prez Offline
All American

(02-01-2015 12:28 AM)mapdude Wrote:  Official announcement....

Official announcement?

Guys can I retract so MapDude doesn't ignore me? Not sure I could live with that.

People can act like they want to keep JP but deep down there are only 10% of Tiger fans that believe he will raise the bar.

Heck I wish he could and I've been a JP supporter since the middle of last year.

He's just not the guy to lead Memphis back to the Kirk, Finch, and Cal days.
02-01-2015 01:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
truest blue tiger Offline
Special Teams

I'm in agreement with you somewhat on your last post. I don't have total belief that CJP is the man for the job anymore either. But the CONSTANT bashing and negative post that are often overly dramatic, have worn thin. It's to the point that you can barely listen to the radio, and it's hard to even look at this forum. I enjoy listening to the radio on my way to work, but I've stopped listening to Peter Edmaiston because he's so one sided with his talks, and encourages certain listeners to call in. We suck, I get it, coach sucks, I get it, but sheesh.
02-01-2015 09:00 AM
tigerjamesc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: more wins
The silliest thing about this whole post is the fact we ran both the dribble drive handoff and high post (ridiculously high post I might add) most of the night. If we ran a set, it was the triangle, dribble drive, or cross high post
02-01-2015 09:23 AM
bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(02-01-2015 12:40 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Sad to say but we are schooled by any top 25 level coach, and the record shows it in our lack of wins vs that competition and ability to advance in the NCAA. It is what it is.

It's really any top 50.....
02-01-2015 09:36 AM
FUB Offline
1st String

(02-01-2015 01:28 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  

They might win, but they wouldn't necessarily be the favorite. That's why they play the games.

C'mon man. I don't think UK would have a problem winning that game. They are twice as deep as Gonzaga and could keep the pressure up all night on their a$$. None of that changes the fact that we still have the same problem we have had all along. Teams pack the inside and force us to shoot outside. We oblige and take the worst possible shoots too early in the clock with no one to rebound. Nichols could not move the ball at all and when he was open guards choose to drive the lane against two defenders and basically throw the ball away. We threw passes into people with three defenders on them and on and on. This is just bad basketball. I just don't believe things will change this or next year . The Lawsons will be freshman and it will take some time for them to develope and get used to the speed and physicality of the game. Then there is the question of who the hell our point guard will be. The whole thing has become a large mess on the level of a southland conference team . SMDH
02-01-2015 09:44 AM
Advertisement

HoopDreams Offline
Better Than Diamond Rings

I Root For: EXPECTATIONS
(02-01-2015 09:44 AM)FUB Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 01:28 AM)Tiger Greg Wrote:  

C'mon man. I don't think UK would have a problem winning that game. They are twice as deep as Gonzaga and could keep the pressure up all night on their a$$. None of that changes the fact that we still have the same problem we have had all along. Teams pack the inside and force us to shoot outside. We oblige and take the worst possible shoots too early in the clock with no one to rebound. Nichols could not move the ball at all and when he was open guards choose to drive the lane against two defenders and basically throw the ball away. We threw passes into people with three defenders on them and on and on. This is just bad basketball. I just don't believe things will change this or next year . The Lawsons will be freshman and it will take some time for them to develope and get used to the speed and physicality of the game. Then there is the question of who the hell our point guard will be. The whole thing has become a large mess on the level of a southland conference team . SMDH

Yep
02-01-2015 09:46 AM
jcisonline Offline
Bench Warmer

(02-01-2015 09:23 AM)tigerjamesc Wrote:  The silliest thing about this whole post is the fact we ran both the dribble drive handoff and high post (ridiculously high post I might add) most of the night. If we ran a set, it was the triangle, dribble drive, or cross high post

Totally agree here. Saw dribble drive all night and was just overwhelmed by our lack of athleticism by our guards. Can't shoot and can't get to the rim. Forcing our bigs to get doubled.

Just an incredible lack of talent right now.

Which is still on coach but overwhelmed by the talent disparity. Watching pantos kill us on his dribble penetration was hard to see.
02-01-2015 09:49 AM
BealeStreetTiger Offline
Banned

(02-01-2015 09:00 AM)truest blue tiger Wrote:  I'm in agreement with you somewhat on your last post. I don't have total belief that CJP is the man for the job anymore either. But the CONSTANT bashing and negative post that are often overly dramatic, have worn thin. It's to the point that you can barely listen to the radio, and it's hard to even look at this forum. I enjoy listening to the radio on my way to work, but I've stopped listening to Peter Edmaiston because he's so one sided with his talks, and encourages certain listeners to call in. We suck, I get it, coach sucks, I get it, but sheesh.

If you and others can’t take The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly of sports then maybe it is time to move on to another pastime. It comes with the territory.

Knitting, sewing, and crocheting are one-on-one activities which are prefect for the faint of heart. High level sports are played by Jocks, bad boys…(as they say).
02-01-2015 09:52 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Re: RE: If BP were our coach in this game
(02-01-2015 01:43 AM)Pastner4Prez Wrote:  
(02-01-2015 12:28 AM)mapdude Wrote:  Official announcement....

Official announcement?

Guys can I retract so MapDude doesn't ignore me? Not sure I could live with that.

People can act like they want to keep JP but deep down there are only 10% of Tiger fans that believe he will raise the bar.

Heck I wish he could and I've been a JP supporter since the middle of last year.

He's just not the guy to lead Memphis back to the Kirk, Finch, and Cal days.

Haha. You mean probation and vacated wins and titles

Uh ok
(This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 10:25 AM by shere khan.)
02-01-2015 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.