CSNbbs
RIP Ted Scruggs - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: RIP Ted Scruggs (/thread-691103.html)

RIP Ted Scruggs - ricex - 06-01-2014 09:17 PM

[Image: W0108132-1_20140529.jpg]

I lost my dear friend and former Wiess College roommate, Ted Scruggs, last week from complications of Alzheimer's disease. Ted was a great athlete, entrepreneur, and salesman but most of all, a friend for life. Ted played football at Rice but his career was unfortunately cut short from complications of a knee injury sustained when he was a senior at Jones High School here in Houston. Ted came from a big Rice family, which included his dad Ted Sr., who was an All-SWC tight end for the Owls who played in the Orange Bowl team in 1948. Ted's mom and uncle also were Rice graduates. Ted proudly wore his Rice graduation ring his entire adult life (as do I).

Ted's memorial service will be in Friendswood on Tuesday. Here are the details in his obituary. Rest in Peace my friend and condolences to his wife Suzan and the rest of his family.

Ted Scruggs

RE: RIP Ted Scruggs - I45owl - 06-02-2014 11:20 AM

I am sorry for your loss, and the loss of a former Rice athlete. I know how Alzheimers can take a toll on the family and other survivors, and I hope they find comfort in the fact that he is now at peace.

RE: RIP Ted Scruggs - Hambone10 - 06-02-2014 11:40 AM

Condolences to his family and friends.

RE: RIP Ted Scruggs - JOwl - 06-02-2014 12:25 PM

My condolences to Ted's wife, family and friends.

Reading his obituary, he sounds like a fascinating man. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on him as he was clearly dear to you, and to many.

RE: RIP Ted Scruggs - Ricefootballnet - 06-02-2014 02:26 PM

(06-01-2014 09:17 PM)ricex Wrote:  [Image: W0108132-1_20140529.jpg]

I lost my dear friend and former Wiess College roommate, Ted Scruggs, last week from complications of Alzheimer's disease. Ted was a great athlete, entrepreneur, and salesman but most of all, a friend for life. Ted played football at Rice but his career was unfortunately cut short from complications of a knee injury sustained when he was a senior at Jones High School here in Houston. Ted came from a big Rice family, which included his dad Ted Sr., who was an All-SWC tight end for the Owls who played in the Orange Bowl team in 1948. Ted's mom and uncle also were Rice graduates. Ted proudly wore his Rice graduation ring his entire adult life (as do I).

Ted's memorial service will be in Friendswood on Tuesday. Here are the details in his obituary. Rest in Peace my friend and condolences to his wife Suzan and the rest of his family.

Ted Scruggs

Ted was one of the great Rice men of our era. I had no idea that he had come down with Alzheimer's. Recollections come flooding back....