Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RIP Ted Scruggs
ricex Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice, Texans

New Orleans Bowl
RIP Ted Scruggs
[Image: W0108132-1_20140529.jpg]

I lost my dear friend and former Wiess College roommate, Ted Scruggs, last week from complications of Alzheimer's disease. Ted was a great athlete, entrepreneur, and salesman but most of all, a friend for life. Ted played football at Rice but his career was unfortunately cut short from complications of a knee injury sustained when he was a senior at Jones High School here in Houston. Ted came from a big Rice family, which included his dad Ted Sr., who was an All-SWC tight end for the Owls who played in the Orange Bowl team in 1948. Ted's mom and uncle also were Rice graduates. Ted proudly wore his Rice graduation ring his entire adult life (as do I).

Ted's memorial service will be in Friendswood on Tuesday. Here are the details in his obituary. Rest in Peace my friend and condolences to his wife Suzan and the rest of his family.

Ted Scruggs
06-01-2014 09:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls

New Orleans Bowl
RE: RIP Ted Scruggs
I am sorry for your loss, and the loss of a former Rice athlete. I know how Alzheimers can take a toll on the family and other survivors, and I hope they find comfort in the fact that he is now at peace.
06-02-2014 11:20 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Condolences to his family and friends.
06-02-2014 11:40 AM
Advertisement

JOwl Offline
sum guy

I Root For: Rice

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
My condolences to Ted's wife, family and friends.

Reading his obituary, he sounds like a fascinating man. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts on him as he was clearly dear to you, and to many.
06-02-2014 12:25 PM
Ricefootballnet Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Institute

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(06-01-2014 09:17 PM)ricex Wrote:  [Image: W0108132-1_20140529.jpg]

I lost my dear friend and former Wiess College roommate, Ted Scruggs, last week from complications of Alzheimer's disease. Ted was a great athlete, entrepreneur, and salesman but most of all, a friend for life. Ted played football at Rice but his career was unfortunately cut short from complications of a knee injury sustained when he was a senior at Jones High School here in Houston. Ted came from a big Rice family, which included his dad Ted Sr., who was an All-SWC tight end for the Owls who played in the Orange Bowl team in 1948. Ted's mom and uncle also were Rice graduates. Ted proudly wore his Rice graduation ring his entire adult life (as do I).

Ted's memorial service will be in Friendswood on Tuesday. Here are the details in his obituary. Rest in Peace my friend and condolences to his wife Suzan and the rest of his family.

Ted Scruggs

Ted was one of the great Rice men of our era. I had no idea that he had come down with Alzheimer's. Recollections come flooding back....
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2014 02:40 PM by Ricefootballnet.)
06-02-2014 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.