CSNbbs
Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job (/thread-665411.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - CDS86 - 12-04-2013 04:24 PM

Lots of reports out there about Gran interviewing for the HC position at FAU... Seems like a logical fit given his ties to the area, but after only one year as a coordinator?

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - BearcatMan - 12-04-2013 04:27 PM

Honestly, I think he would be a great fit, and the logical choice for taking over our offense, Coach Hinshaw, loves him some spread offense and has made numerous play calls over the course of this season...which would negate the effects of any major transition of coordinators.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Cat-Man - 12-04-2013 04:33 PM

His Offensive shortcomings aside, losing his recruiting connections in Florida would hurt.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - SuperFlyBCat - 12-04-2013 04:34 PM

(12-04-2013 04:33 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  His Offensive shortcomings aside, losing his recruiting connections in Florida would hurt.

He is well thought of down in Florida. Good guy.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - CliftonAve - 12-04-2013 04:45 PM

If he goes, he goes ### Ivan Drago voice

I trust Coach Hinshaw wouldl be a great replacment--- might actually be superior as an OC given his backround. He is a solid recruiter as well. If Hinshaw is not the guy Coach Tuberville has a ton of connections and I am sure we would fill the spot with a very good hire.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - SuperFlyBCat - 12-04-2013 04:52 PM

(12-04-2013 04:45 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  If he goes, he goes ### Ivan Drago voice I must break you

I trust Coach Hinshaw wouldl be a great replacment--- might actually be superior as an OC given his backround. He is a solid recruiter as well. If Hinshaw is not the guy Coach Tuberville has a ton of connections and I am sure we would fill the spot with a very good hire.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Overrated - 12-04-2013 06:02 PM

Bruce Feldman tweeted yesterday that he was gaining a lot of steam down there for the position.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - rath v2.0 - 12-04-2013 07:44 PM

Agree about Hinshaw being the next guy in if needed.

Intetesting, though. These offensive coaches were all Gran's guys. TT has said he didn't know any of them before Gran brought them in to interview. Wonder who would go with Gran if the opportunity presented itself.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Bruce Monnin - 12-04-2013 08:19 PM

Six games ago I would have been rooting hard for Gran to get this job. But I've become a little more impressed with him every week since then. If he gets the job, then good for him. If not, I think he can do very well for us at UC until another opportunity comes along.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - BearcatJerry - 12-04-2013 08:49 PM

FAU is a coaching black-hole... Not saying Gran wouldn't go if offered, but I've also got to believe that part of the equation has to be what UC can offer Gran over a long-haul. We're not in a "Power Conference"...YET... but still, make your bones at UC and maybe the HC position here comes open...

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Banter - 12-05-2013 07:51 AM

(12-04-2013 08:49 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  FAU is a coaching black-hole... Not saying Gran wouldn't go if offered, but I've also got to believe that part of the equation has to be what UC can offer Gran over a long-haul.

This was my thought exactly. Gran has the potential to be a head coach,but this seems like a risky career move. Before the season started, I thought the Gran hire could potentially be for when TT retires, maybe Gran would take his place.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - indycat - 12-05-2013 08:02 AM

(12-05-2013 07:51 AM)Banter Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 08:49 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  FAU is a coaching black-hole... Not saying Gran wouldn't go if offered, but I've also got to believe that part of the equation has to be what UC can offer Gran over a long-haul.

This was my thought exactly. Gran has the potential to be a head coach,but this seems like a risky career move. Before the season started, I thought the Gran hire could potentially be for when TT retires, maybe Gran would take his place.

That could still happen but now he'd be coming back with head coaching experience much like Mick did. You have to be happy for Gran but I wonder if we take a hit in this year's recruiting class if he convinces a few great Florida recruits to follow him there to help build that program.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - MickMack - 12-05-2013 10:21 AM

(12-05-2013 08:02 AM)indycat Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 07:51 AM)Banter Wrote:  

That could still happen but now he'd be coming back with head coaching experience much like Mick did. You have to be happy for Gran but I wonder if we take a hit in this year's recruiting class if he convinces a few great Florida recruits to follow him there to help build that program.

That seems like a big bridge to burn.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Bearcat T - 12-05-2013 01:13 PM

Hope he would not take any FLA recruits with him! They should not want to play at that level but you never know..We do not need a change at that coaching position this year..The schedule with OSU and MIaim FLA is difficult and unless Munchie is back we have a new QB with little to no experience.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Mopper - 12-06-2013 11:48 PM

(12-05-2013 01:13 PM)Bearcat T Wrote:  Hope he would not take any FLA recruits with him! They should not want to play at that level but you never know..We do not need a change at that coaching position this year..The schedule with OSU and MIaim FLA is difficult and unless Munchie is back we have a new QB with little to no experience.

With the receivers UC has coming back any quarterback should be able to perform at a reasonably high clip if the structure of the passing game stays the same, and it would with Hinshaw

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - JackieTreehorn - 12-08-2013 02:53 PM

FWIW, saw this on football rumormill:
Ohio State co-defensive coordinator Everett Withers has become the hot name for the Florida Atlantic job lately.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - bearcatdp - 12-08-2013 03:26 PM

I want to see Gran here next year. I am fine giving him another year. I don't want to see transition yet. My only thought on this - I'm surprised anybody from OSU's defense would get a look for anything other than a pink slip. As we all know, their defense wasn't very good this year.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Bearcat2012 - 12-09-2013 02:58 PM

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1h

Am told Eddie Gran didnt make the final cut for #FAU job. Very surprised given his rep & he has a ton of clout w SFla HS coaches.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - bearcatfan1211 - 12-09-2013 03:06 PM

(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1h

Am told Eddie Gran didnt make the final cut for #FAU job. Very surprised given his rep & he has a ton of clout w SFla HS coaches.

Apparently he never even interviewed and the initial report was wrong.

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job - Racinejake - 12-09-2013 03:52 PM

(12-09-2013 03:06 PM)bearcatfan1211 Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1h

Apparently he never even interviewed and the initial report was wrong.

Not totally surprising. Gran has been a position coach his entire career (over 25 years). He just moved to a coordinator position for the first time this year. So to make a jump from position coach to head coach in a span of 12 months would be pretty crazy....even at a school like FAU. FAU is still FBS.