Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job
Bookmark and Share
CDS86 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Cincinnati
Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job
Lots of reports out there about Gran interviewing for the HC position at FAU... Seems like a logical fit given his ties to the area, but after only one year as a coordinator?

12-04-2013 04:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

RE: Eddie Gran interviewing for FAU head coaching job
Honestly, I think he would be a great fit, and the logical choice for taking over our offense, Coach Hinshaw, loves him some spread offense and has made numerous play calls over the course of this season...which would negate the effects of any major transition of coordinators.

12-04-2013 04:27 PM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
His Offensive shortcomings aside, losing his recruiting connections in Florida would hurt.

12-04-2013 04:33 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(12-04-2013 04:33 PM)Cat-Man Wrote:  His Offensive shortcomings aside, losing his recruiting connections in Florida would hurt.

He is well thought of down in Florida. Good guy.

12-04-2013 04:34 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
If he goes, he goes ### Ivan Drago voice

I trust Coach Hinshaw wouldl be a great replacment--- might actually be superior as an OC given his backround. He is a solid recruiter as well. If Hinshaw is not the guy Coach Tuberville has a ton of connections and I am sure we would fill the spot with a very good hire.

12-04-2013 04:45 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(12-04-2013 04:45 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  If he goes, he goes ### Ivan Drago voice I must break you

I trust Coach Hinshaw wouldl be a great replacment--- might actually be superior as an OC given his backround. He is a solid recruiter as well. If Hinshaw is not the guy Coach Tuberville has a ton of connections and I am sure we would fill the spot with a very good hire.

12-04-2013 04:52 PM
Advertisement

Overrated Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Bruce Feldman tweeted yesterday that he was gaining a lot of steam down there for the position.

12-04-2013 06:02 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Agree about Hinshaw being the next guy in if needed.

Intetesting, though. These offensive coaches were all Gran's guys. TT has said he didn't know any of them before Gran brought them in to interview. Wonder who would go with Gran if the opportunity presented itself.

12-04-2013 07:44 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Six games ago I would have been rooting hard for Gran to get this job. But I've become a little more impressed with him every week since then. If he gets the job, then good for him. If not, I think he can do very well for us at UC until another opportunity comes along.

12-04-2013 08:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
FAU is a coaching black-hole... Not saying Gran wouldn't go if offered, but I've also got to believe that part of the equation has to be what UC can offer Gran over a long-haul. We're not in a "Power Conference"...YET... but still, make your bones at UC and maybe the HC position here comes open...

12-04-2013 08:49 PM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(12-04-2013 08:49 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  FAU is a coaching black-hole... Not saying Gran wouldn't go if offered, but I've also got to believe that part of the equation has to be what UC can offer Gran over a long-haul.

This was my thought exactly. Gran has the potential to be a head coach,but this seems like a risky career move. Before the season started, I thought the Gran hire could potentially be for when TT retires, maybe Gran would take his place.

12-05-2013 07:51 AM
Advertisement

indycat Offline
1st String

(12-05-2013 07:51 AM)Banter Wrote:  
(12-04-2013 08:49 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  FAU is a coaching black-hole... Not saying Gran wouldn't go if offered, but I've also got to believe that part of the equation has to be what UC can offer Gran over a long-haul.

This was my thought exactly. Gran has the potential to be a head coach,but this seems like a risky career move. Before the season started, I thought the Gran hire could potentially be for when TT retires, maybe Gran would take his place.

That could still happen but now he'd be coming back with head coaching experience much like Mick did. You have to be happy for Gran but I wonder if we take a hit in this year's recruiting class if he convinces a few great Florida recruits to follow him there to help build that program.

12-05-2013 08:02 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(12-05-2013 08:02 AM)indycat Wrote:  
(12-05-2013 07:51 AM)Banter Wrote:  

That could still happen but now he'd be coming back with head coaching experience much like Mick did. You have to be happy for Gran but I wonder if we take a hit in this year's recruiting class if he convinces a few great Florida recruits to follow him there to help build that program.

That seems like a big bridge to burn.

12-05-2013 10:21 AM
Bearcat T Offline
All American

I Root For:
Hope he would not take any FLA recruits with him! They should not want to play at that level but you never know..We do not need a change at that coaching position this year..The schedule with OSU and MIaim FLA is difficult and unless Munchie is back we have a new QB with little to no experience.

12-05-2013 01:13 PM
Mopper Offline
1st String

(12-05-2013 01:13 PM)Bearcat T Wrote:  Hope he would not take any FLA recruits with him! They should not want to play at that level but you never know..We do not need a change at that coaching position this year..The schedule with OSU and MIaim FLA is difficult and unless Munchie is back we have a new QB with little to no experience.

With the receivers UC has coming back any quarterback should be able to perform at a reasonably high clip if the structure of the passing game stays the same, and it would with Hinshaw

12-06-2013 11:48 PM
JackieTreehorn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The Bearcats
FWIW, saw this on football rumormill:
Ohio State co-defensive coordinator Everett Withers has become the hot name for the Florida Atlantic job lately.

12-08-2013 02:53 PM
Advertisement

bearcatdp Offline
1st String

I want to see Gran here next year. I am fine giving him another year. I don't want to see transition yet. My only thought on this - I'm surprised anybody from OSU's defense would get a look for anything other than a pink slip. As we all know, their defense wasn't very good this year.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 03:27 PM by bearcatdp.)
12-08-2013 03:26 PM
Bearcat2012 Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1h

Am told Eddie Gran didnt make the final cut for #FAU job. Very surprised given his rep & he has a ton of clout w SFla HS coaches.

12-09-2013 02:58 PM
bearcatfan1211 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bearcats
(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1h

Am told Eddie Gran didnt make the final cut for #FAU job. Very surprised given his rep & he has a ton of clout w SFla HS coaches.

Apparently he never even interviewed and the initial report was wrong.

12-09-2013 03:06 PM
Racinejake Offline
Heisman

(12-09-2013 03:06 PM)bearcatfan1211 Wrote:  
(12-09-2013 02:58 PM)Bearcat2012 Wrote:  Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS 1h

Apparently he never even interviewed and the initial report was wrong.

Not totally surprising. Gran has been a position coach his entire career (over 25 years). He just moved to a coordinator position for the first time this year. So to make a jump from position coach to head coach in a span of 12 months would be pretty crazy....even at a school like FAU. FAU is still FBS.

12-09-2013 03:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.