CSNbbs
The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP (/thread-649769.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Fear The Beak - 09-16-2013 06:42 AM

It has already been documented on other threads that UTSA had our hand sign since 1979, years before UTEP somehow decided it looked like a pick axe and copied it for themselves. (By the way, what kind of pick axe has the head pointing up, away from the handle?)

So here is the documented proof that UTSA adopted ORANGE and BLUE as our colors years before UTEP once again copied us:

From UTEP's own website: "In the early 1980s, the students voted to add blue to the original colors of orange and white. Almost 20 years later, the new athletic logo changed the colors once more to the current navy blue and blaze orange with a silver accent."
Source: http://alumni.utep.edu/page.aspx?pid=405

And UTSA: "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...at_San_Antonio

So UTEP fans, you can keep posting your crap about how we stole your colors and hand sign, but everyone now knows the truth!

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - gcp_mineros - 09-16-2013 07:09 AM

Just to make you feel better, we will raise our middle finger (to act as the handle) so that the pick is no longer inverted. This hand sign will be reserved for UTSA fans so that there isn't any confusion about loyalties. 04-cheers

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - shyminer - 09-16-2013 08:20 AM

What a waste of a hand sign. 03-lmfao

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - mistabinks - 09-16-2013 08:31 AM

So we have to worry about what every fcs, d2, and minor league team is doing? and supposedly first by their own research? This is why we have a bye week this week. We aren't playing anyone.

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Chappy - 09-16-2013 08:37 AM

(09-16-2013 06:42 AM)Fear The Beak Wrote:  "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "

I don't have a stake in your argument, but technically what you posted proves nothing. "EVENTUALLY" could mean a few weeks later, a few years later, or a few decades later.

Like, by 1970 my parents decided to have children. Eventually I was born. That does not mean I was born in 1970.

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Deuce - 09-16-2013 09:04 AM

(09-16-2013 08:37 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(09-16-2013 06:42 AM)Fear The Beak Wrote:  "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "

I don't have a stake in your argument, but technically what you posted proves nothing. "EVENTUALLY" could mean a few weeks later, a few years later, or a few decades later.

Like, by 1970 my parents decided to have children. Eventually I was born. That does not mean I was born in 1970.

That's a fair point.

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - ThreeifbyLightning - 09-16-2013 09:05 AM

(09-16-2013 08:37 AM)Chappy Wrote:  

Well done. Someone using logic and reasoning. This board just got a little smarter today. Rep points to you!

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - SpaceRaider - 09-16-2013 09:08 AM

[Image: Hillary-difference-610x400.jpg]

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Chappy - 09-16-2013 09:35 AM

(09-16-2013 09:08 AM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  [Image: Hillary-difference-610x400.jpg]

Well, I'd be curious to know who started it... but in the meantime, anything that helps build rivalry and create game week chatter is a good thing.

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Fear The Beak - 09-16-2013 10:13 AM

(09-16-2013 07:09 AM)gcp_mineros Wrote:  Just to make you feel better, we will raise our middle finger (to act as the handle) so that the pick is no longer inverted. This hand sign will be reserved for UTSA fans so that there isn't any confusion about loyalties. 04-cheers

Classy.

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - gcp_mineros - 09-16-2013 11:50 AM

Hey, I added the cheers emoticon as it was in jest. Aye, don't be feelings

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - forerunner - 09-16-2013 12:39 PM

(09-16-2013 08:31 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  So we have to worry about what every fcs, d2, and minor league team is doing? and supposedly first by their own research? This is why we have a bye week this week. We aren't playing anyone.

Bad argument. UTSA from its inception has been DI and regardless, every UT system school is aware of every other UT system school. I know what UT Tyler is doing and those guys are DIII. Certainly the administrators know.

The "eventually" argument was a good argument. Yours is garbage.

Thirdly I will add that this conversation is ridiculous, but it's good game week fodder. 04-chairshot

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - MondoMiner - 09-16-2013 12:47 PM

(09-16-2013 06:42 AM)Fear The Beak Wrote:  It has already been documented on other threads that UTSA had our hand sign since 1979, years before UTEP somehow decided it looked like a pick axe and copied it for themselves. (By the way, what kind of pick axe has the head pointing up, away from the handle?)

So here is the documented proof that UTSA adopted ORANGE and BLUE as our colors years before UTEP once again copied us:

From UTEP's own website: "In the early 1980s, the students voted to add blue to the original colors of orange and white. Almost 20 years later, the new athletic logo changed the colors once more to the current navy blue and blaze orange with a silver accent."
Source: http://alumni.utep.edu/page.aspx?pid=405

And UTSA: "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...at_San_Antonio

So UTEP fans, you can keep posting your crap about how we stole your colors and hand sign, but everyone now knows the truth!

Here is a fact that can't be argued, Our colors and hand sign were used at a D1 football game long before you. Nothing else is relevant.

[Image: charlie-sheen-winning-12585_zps6dc75dfa.jpg] 05-stirthepot

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - forerunner - 09-16-2013 12:49 PM

^ winning meme = auto-fail.

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Thegoldstandard - 09-16-2013 12:55 PM

[Image: catfight_93913.jpg]

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Digi368 - 09-16-2013 02:06 PM

Even the mascots are getting into it...This is from Rowdy the Roadrunner

[Image: GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messa...FnZS9qcGVn]

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - MemphisMiner - 09-16-2013 02:19 PM

Well, now it's a certainty that I will be tailgating and attending this football game. Time to start a new rivalry! 04-chairshot

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - Matrix - 09-16-2013 02:41 PM

"Beep-Beep!"

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - mistabinks - 09-16-2013 03:33 PM

(09-16-2013 12:39 PM)forerunner Wrote:  
(09-16-2013 08:31 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  So we have to worry about what every fcs, d2, and minor league team is doing? and supposedly first by their own research? This is why we have a bye week this week. We aren't playing anyone.

Bad argument. UTSA from its inception has been DI and regardless, every UT system school is aware of every other UT system school. I know what UT Tyler is doing and those guys are DIII. Certainly the administrators know.

The "eventually" argument was a good argument. Yours is garbage.

Thirdly I will add that this conversation is ridiculous, but it's good game week fodder. 04-chairshot

Garbage you say?

[Image: 430715.jpg]

[Image: kfc-4.jpg]

RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP - El Dirtybird - 09-16-2013 03:42 PM

You desert donkies are a funny bunch

[Image: view.image?Id=1117]