Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP
Bookmark and Share
Fear The Beak Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTSA
The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP
It has already been documented on other threads that UTSA had our hand sign since 1979, years before UTEP somehow decided it looked like a pick axe and copied it for themselves. (By the way, what kind of pick axe has the head pointing up, away from the handle?)

So here is the documented proof that UTSA adopted ORANGE and BLUE as our colors years before UTEP once again copied us:

From UTEP's own website: "In the early 1980s, the students voted to add blue to the original colors of orange and white. Almost 20 years later, the new athletic logo changed the colors once more to the current navy blue and blaze orange with a silver accent."
Source: http://alumni.utep.edu/page.aspx?pid=405

And UTSA: "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...at_San_Antonio

So UTEP fans, you can keep posting your crap about how we stole your colors and hand sign, but everyone now knows the truth!
09-16-2013 06:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gcp_mineros Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTEP
RE: The Truth: UTSA vs UTEP
Just to make you feel better, we will raise our middle finger (to act as the handle) so that the pick is no longer inverted. This hand sign will be reserved for UTSA fans so that there isn't any confusion about loyalties. 04-cheers
09-16-2013 07:09 AM
shyminer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UTEP MINERS
What a waste of a hand sign. 03-lmfao
09-16-2013 08:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
So we have to worry about what every fcs, d2, and minor league team is doing? and supposedly first by their own research? This is why we have a bye week this week. We aren't playing anyone.
09-16-2013 08:31 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(09-16-2013 06:42 AM)Fear The Beak Wrote:  "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "

I don't have a stake in your argument, but technically what you posted proves nothing. "EVENTUALLY" could mean a few weeks later, a few years later, or a few decades later.

Like, by 1970 my parents decided to have children. Eventually I was born. That does not mean I was born in 1970.
09-16-2013 08:37 AM
Deuce Offline
2nd String

(09-16-2013 08:37 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(09-16-2013 06:42 AM)Fear The Beak Wrote:  "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "

I don't have a stake in your argument, but technically what you posted proves nothing. "EVENTUALLY" could mean a few weeks later, a few years later, or a few decades later.

Like, by 1970 my parents decided to have children. Eventually I was born. That does not mean I was born in 1970.

That's a fair point.
09-16-2013 09:04 AM
Advertisement

ThreeifbyLightning Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Univ of Middle Tennessee
(09-16-2013 08:37 AM)Chappy Wrote:  

Well done. Someone using logic and reasoning. This board just got a little smarter today. Rep points to you!
09-16-2013 09:05 AM
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
[Image: Hillary-difference-610x400.jpg]
09-16-2013 09:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(09-16-2013 09:08 AM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  [Image: Hillary-difference-610x400.jpg]

Well, I'd be curious to know who started it... but in the meantime, anything that helps build rivalry and create game week chatter is a good thing.
09-16-2013 09:35 AM
Fear The Beak Offline
2nd String

(09-16-2013 07:09 AM)gcp_mineros Wrote:  Just to make you feel better, we will raise our middle finger (to act as the handle) so that the pick is no longer inverted. This hand sign will be reserved for UTSA fans so that there isn't any confusion about loyalties. 04-cheers

Classy.
09-16-2013 10:13 AM
gcp_mineros Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTEP
Hey, I added the cheers emoticon as it was in jest. Aye, don't be feelings
09-16-2013 11:50 AM
Advertisement

forerunner Offline
2nd String

(09-16-2013 08:31 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  So we have to worry about what every fcs, d2, and minor league team is doing? and supposedly first by their own research? This is why we have a bye week this week. We aren't playing anyone.

Bad argument. UTSA from its inception has been DI and regardless, every UT system school is aware of every other UT system school. I know what UT Tyler is doing and those guys are DIII. Certainly the administrators know.

The "eventually" argument was a good argument. Yours is garbage.

Thirdly I will add that this conversation is ridiculous, but it's good game week fodder. 04-chairshot
09-16-2013 12:39 PM
MondoMiner Offline
Adelantado and Captain-General

I Root For: Los Mineros
(09-16-2013 06:42 AM)Fear The Beak Wrote:  It has already been documented on other threads that UTSA had our hand sign since 1979, years before UTEP somehow decided it looked like a pick axe and copied it for themselves. (By the way, what kind of pick axe has the head pointing up, away from the handle?)

So here is the documented proof that UTSA adopted ORANGE and BLUE as our colors years before UTEP once again copied us:

From UTEP's own website: "In the early 1980s, the students voted to add blue to the original colors of orange and white. Almost 20 years later, the new athletic logo changed the colors once more to the current navy blue and blaze orange with a silver accent."
Source: http://alumni.utep.edu/page.aspx?pid=405

And UTSA: "By 1975, the university's future colors were being openly discussed among student leaders and the administration. Eventually, UTSA's third color of blue was selected, beating out other proposed colors such as 'fiesta red' and 'cactus green'. "
Source:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Univers...at_San_Antonio

So UTEP fans, you can keep posting your crap about how we stole your colors and hand sign, but everyone now knows the truth!

Here is a fact that can't be argued, Our colors and hand sign were used at a D1 football game long before you. Nothing else is relevant.

[Image: charlie-sheen-winning-12585_zps6dc75dfa.jpg] 05-stirthepot
09-16-2013 12:47 PM
forerunner Offline
2nd String

^ winning meme = auto-fail.
09-16-2013 12:49 PM
Thegoldstandard Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
[Image: catfight_93913.jpg]
09-16-2013 12:55 PM
Digi368 Offline
1st String

I Root For: The Runners
Even the mascots are getting into it...This is from Rowdy the Roadrunner

[Image: GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messa...FnZS9qcGVn]
09-16-2013 02:06 PM
Advertisement

MemphisMiner Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTEP & Memphis
Well, now it's a certainty that I will be tailgating and attending this football game. Time to start a new rivalry! 04-chairshot
09-16-2013 02:19 PM
Matrix Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, N'Western
"Beep-Beep!"
09-16-2013 02:41 PM
mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
(09-16-2013 12:39 PM)forerunner Wrote:  
(09-16-2013 08:31 AM)mistabinks Wrote:  So we have to worry about what every fcs, d2, and minor league team is doing? and supposedly first by their own research? This is why we have a bye week this week. We aren't playing anyone.

Bad argument. UTSA from its inception has been DI and regardless, every UT system school is aware of every other UT system school. I know what UT Tyler is doing and those guys are DIII. Certainly the administrators know.

The "eventually" argument was a good argument. Yours is garbage.

Thirdly I will add that this conversation is ridiculous, but it's good game week fodder. 04-chairshot

Garbage you say?

[Image: 430715.jpg]

[Image: kfc-4.jpg]
09-16-2013 03:33 PM
El Dirtybird Offline
2nd String

I Root For: loose women
You desert donkies are a funny bunch

[Image: view.image?Id=1117]
09-16-2013 03:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.