CSNbbs
[OT] Urinal gaming - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: [OT] Urinal gaming (/thread-626970.html)

[OT] Urinal gaming - grol - 03-28-2013 10:03 AM

Proof that the Kali Yuga has arrived:

Quote:Ballpark to debut 'urinal gaming system' in Pa.
ALLENTOWN, Pa., Wed Mar 27, 05:47 PM

Talk about streaming media: The Philadelphia Phillies' top minor league affiliate is set to debut what it calls a "urinal gaming system" at its ballpark in Allentown.

The Lehigh Valley IronPigs tapped a British company to install the system in men's restrooms at Coca-Cola Park.

It consists of a video display mounted above each urinal. When a fan approaches, the video console will sense his presence and switch into gaming mode. The guy aims left or right to control the play on the screen.

The team said Tuesday that Coca-Cola Park will be the first sports venue in the world to feature the gaming system. It'll be ready by opening day next week.

IronPigs General Manager Kurt Landes says he didn't want to flush away a golden opportunity to entertain fans. He says the games are "sure to make a huge splash."

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - Baconator - 03-28-2013 10:44 AM

My favorite all time urinal game was one that somebody wrote on the men's room wall on the first floor of the physics building, just above the urinal. It said "look up"...arrows pointing up..."look up"...more arrows..."look up"...arrows pointing to the ceiling. Then on the ceiling it said: "Look down...haha you're pissing on your shoes!"

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - stompclapwhoosh - 03-28-2013 11:11 AM

Man, the ladies miss out on all the fun. Shouldn't this be covered by Title IX?!?

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - I45owl - 03-28-2013 12:08 PM

(03-28-2013 11:11 AM)stompclapwhoosh Wrote:  Man, the ladies miss out on all the fun. Shouldn't this be covered by Title IX?!?

Always trying to ruin things for us, eh?

Taking the mash-up route, "urinal streaming media" might be the only possible way that Brent Musberger is watchable.

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - 13thOwl - 03-28-2013 01:31 PM

(03-28-2013 12:08 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(03-28-2013 11:11 AM)stompclapwhoosh Wrote:  Man, the ladies miss out on all the fun. Shouldn't this be covered by Title IX?!?

Always trying to ruin things for us, eh?

Taking the mash-up route, "urinal streaming media" might be the only possible way that Brent Musberger is watchable.

I am at a loss for words. I am smiling, but I can't find the words...

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - JSA - 03-28-2013 01:46 PM

I guess 'over/under' could take on a new meaning.

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - owlsfan - 03-28-2013 02:31 PM

I guess there shouldn't be seriousness in such a goofy thread, but why in the world would you do something to make people spend more time at the urinal (I am assuming marginally more time spent, while they play)? Lines at stadium urinals, especially around the 7th inning stretch, can be very long, and now you are increasing the length of each "transaction" (or whatever you want to call it), by a few extra seconds. That is less time in the seats watching the game; less time at the concession stands; and so on. You are creating longer lines and more time in the last place you want your fans to be.

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - JSA - 03-28-2013 02:48 PM

(03-28-2013 02:31 PM)owlsfan Wrote:  I guess there shouldn't be seriousness in such a goofy thread, but why in the world would you do something to make people spend more time at the urinal (I am assuming marginally more time spent, while they play)? Lines at stadium urinals, especially around the 7th inning stretch, can be very long, and now you are increasing the length of each "transaction" (or whatever you want to call it), by a few extra seconds. That is less time in the seats watching the game; less time at the concession stands; and so on. You are creating longer lines and more time in the last place you want your fans to be.

That was Jim Rome's take on it, too.

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - MemOwl - 03-28-2013 02:56 PM

(03-28-2013 02:31 PM)owlsfan Wrote:  I guess there shouldn't be seriousness in such a goofy thread, but why in the world would you do something to make people spend more time at the urinal (I am assuming marginally more time spent, while they play)? Lines at stadium urinals, especially around the 7th inning stretch, can be very long, and now you are increasing the length of each "transaction" (or whatever you want to call it), by a few extra seconds. That is less time in the seats watching the game; less time at the concession stands; and so on. You are creating longer lines and more time in the last place you want your fans to be.

If it is more fun to pee, people will drink more beer, and that is what really moves the needle on revenue at a minor league park.

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - I45owl - 03-28-2013 05:10 PM

It's minor league baseball, right? There are worse problems to have than long lines at the bathrooms.

RE: [OT] Urinal gaming - OptimisticOwl - 03-28-2013 06:30 PM

I thought Grol's sig line was appropriate.