Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[OT] Urinal gaming
grol Offline
Baseball Fan

I Root For: Rice Owls

Donators
[OT] Urinal gaming
Proof that the Kali Yuga has arrived:

Quote:Ballpark to debut 'urinal gaming system' in Pa.
ALLENTOWN, Pa., Wed Mar 27, 05:47 PM

Talk about streaming media: The Philadelphia Phillies' top minor league affiliate is set to debut what it calls a "urinal gaming system" at its ballpark in Allentown.

The Lehigh Valley IronPigs tapped a British company to install the system in men's restrooms at Coca-Cola Park.

It consists of a video display mounted above each urinal. When a fan approaches, the video console will sense his presence and switch into gaming mode. The guy aims left or right to control the play on the screen.

The team said Tuesday that Coca-Cola Park will be the first sports venue in the world to feature the gaming system. It'll be ready by opening day next week.

IronPigs General Manager Kurt Landes says he didn't want to flush away a golden opportunity to entertain fans. He says the games are "sure to make a huge splash."
03-28-2013 10:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Baconator Offline

I Root For: My Kids
New Orleans BowlDonatorsPWNER of Scout/Rivals
RE: [OT] Urinal gaming
My favorite all time urinal game was one that somebody wrote on the men's room wall on the first floor of the physics building, just above the urinal. It said "look up"...arrows pointing up..."look up"...more arrows..."look up"...arrows pointing to the ceiling. Then on the ceiling it said: "Look down...haha you're pissing on your shoes!"
03-28-2013 10:44 AM
stompclapwhoosh Offline
Hometown Girl

I Root For: Owls & Red Sox!

Donators
Man, the ladies miss out on all the fun. Shouldn't this be covered by Title IX?!?
03-28-2013 11:11 AM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl
(03-28-2013 11:11 AM)stompclapwhoosh Wrote:  Man, the ladies miss out on all the fun. Shouldn't this be covered by Title IX?!?

Always trying to ruin things for us, eh?

Taking the mash-up route, "urinal streaming media" might be the only possible way that Brent Musberger is watchable.
03-28-2013 12:08 PM
13thOwl Offline
Banned

I Root For: Rice University
Baseball GeniusDonatorsFootball Genius
(03-28-2013 12:08 PM)I45owl Wrote:  
(03-28-2013 11:11 AM)stompclapwhoosh Wrote:  Man, the ladies miss out on all the fun. Shouldn't this be covered by Title IX?!?

Always trying to ruin things for us, eh?

Taking the mash-up route, "urinal streaming media" might be the only possible way that Brent Musberger is watchable.

I am at a loss for words. I am smiling, but I can't find the words...
03-28-2013 01:31 PM
Advertisement

JSA Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I guess 'over/under' could take on a new meaning.
03-28-2013 01:46 PM
owlsfan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I guess there shouldn't be seriousness in such a goofy thread, but why in the world would you do something to make people spend more time at the urinal (I am assuming marginally more time spent, while they play)? Lines at stadium urinals, especially around the 7th inning stretch, can be very long, and now you are increasing the length of each "transaction" (or whatever you want to call it), by a few extra seconds. That is less time in the seats watching the game; less time at the concession stands; and so on. You are creating longer lines and more time in the last place you want your fans to be.
03-28-2013 02:31 PM
Advertisement

JSA Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(03-28-2013 02:31 PM)owlsfan Wrote:  I guess there shouldn't be seriousness in such a goofy thread, but why in the world would you do something to make people spend more time at the urinal (I am assuming marginally more time spent, while they play)? Lines at stadium urinals, especially around the 7th inning stretch, can be very long, and now you are increasing the length of each "transaction" (or whatever you want to call it), by a few extra seconds. That is less time in the seats watching the game; less time at the concession stands; and so on. You are creating longer lines and more time in the last place you want your fans to be.

That was Jim Rome's take on it, too.
03-28-2013 02:48 PM
MemOwl Offline
All American

I Root For: Owls
(03-28-2013 02:31 PM)owlsfan Wrote:  I guess there shouldn't be seriousness in such a goofy thread, but why in the world would you do something to make people spend more time at the urinal (I am assuming marginally more time spent, while they play)? Lines at stadium urinals, especially around the 7th inning stretch, can be very long, and now you are increasing the length of each "transaction" (or whatever you want to call it), by a few extra seconds. That is less time in the seats watching the game; less time at the concession stands; and so on. You are creating longer lines and more time in the last place you want your fans to be.

If it is more fun to pee, people will drink more beer, and that is what really moves the needle on revenue at a minor league park.
03-28-2013 02:56 PM
Advertisement

I45owl Offline
Hall of Famer

New Orleans Bowl

It's minor league baseball, right? There are worse problems to have than long lines at the bathrooms.
03-28-2013 05:10 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
I thought Grol's sig line was appropriate.
03-28-2013 06:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.