CSNbbs
Fire Blaine Taylor - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: Fire Blaine Taylor (/thread-599948.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - Monarchblue - 11-22-2012 01:55 AM

(11-22-2012 01:20 AM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  Blaine Taylor has 9 winning seasons in a row. Of those nine, he had 7 20 win seasons. I am just telling all of you, those aren't firing stats. Once again, Blaine Taylor hasn't had a losing season in 9 years. In nine years, he's won more games than he lost.

Do you want ODU to become a coaching carousel? Do you want to replace your coach every 2 to 4 years? Do you want to start over 4 times a decade? Do you want someone that doesn't give a damn about ODU basketball to use us as a step ladder to a better job?

We already have that guy he just couldn't find any takers.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - paintedblue - 11-22-2012 02:20 AM

(11-22-2012 01:20 AM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  Blaine Taylor has 9 winning seasons in a row. Of those nine, he had 7 20 win seasons. I am just telling all of you, those aren't firing stats. Once again, Blaine Taylor hasn't had a losing season in 9 years. In nine years, he's won more games than he lost.

Do you want ODU to become a coaching carousel? Do you want to replace your coach every 2 to 4 years? Do you want to start over 4 times a decade? Do you want someone that doesn't give a damn about ODU basketball to use us as a step ladder to a better job?

While I'm not amongst the crowd calling for BT's job I don't share your level of trepedation over ODU's position when the day does come to replace him. Several factors have changed since the day BT was hired, and he himself played a big role in their having changed. The level of recognition for ODU basketball nationally is significantly higher now than when he took the reins. ODU is now moving on to CUSA, a move viewed by many that may serve to raise our basketball status above the dreaded mid-major perception. The move to CUSA was at least partially afforded by the efforts of BT and the achievements of his teams. Ask our future CUSA mates and they will tell you we didn't gain an invitation to CUSA on their view of our football program. Lastly, both the new practice facility, for which ground should be broken this coming spring, and the endowments of several mbb scholarships were made possible both by the achievements of BT's teams and his tireless and fruitful fundraising efforts.

It is indeed ironic that the very position which BT holds as head coach of ODU's men's basketball was made much more attractive due in large part by his efforts. It has been written that the hallmark of a job well done is that when a person moves on the conditions are better than when he arrived. I believe Blaine Taylor has exceeded that criterion by a good amount. I am sure that when the time comes Wood Selig will have a larger and more qualified pool of candidates than did his predecessor. Although it will not be easy, I hope and trust Wood will do as good a job on that count.

On a lighter note, as an homage to BT, I will not again wear a hat until he gets us some horses.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - Razor Ramon Monarch - 11-22-2012 06:43 AM

(11-21-2012 11:57 PM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  In the last 8 years, Blaine has had 7 20+ win seasons. He has had 9 winning seasons in a row. A coach doesn't get fired for having those stats. No ODU coach is immune to having a bad season either. I'm glad Blaine is our coach.

A 20 win season means nothing when you rack up wins in meaningless tournaments and play 35 games in a season. Sorry, 20-15 isn't impressive when 10 of those wins come against Towson, UNCW, Delaware (before they were good), Hofstra, W&M etc.

A 20 win season isn't even remotely the measuring stick it used to be. And again, 9 winning seasons in a row and he's parlayed that into what????

This??? a 1-4 team who's only win is at home against Morgan State and got beat from pretty much start to finish by Holy Cross and VMI.

Not even remotely good enough. Again.....there is a difference between a rebuilding year and a program in shambles.

And that doesn't even get into how HORRIBLE A JOB he did just coaching tonight's individual game. That honestly may have been the worst coaching job he's done in his entire ODU career. Keeping Batten on the bench during crunch time was so utterly stupid it boggles the mind. And don't give me that "we was winded" crap, he was the only guy scoring and attacking the rim!!!

Unreal how badly Taylor coached that game. His substitution patterns border on criminal insanity. They make no sense whatsoever and disrupt EVERYONE'S flow.

By the way, Capel was a 23 or 24 win season 2 years before he got fired....so why should Blaine be any different?

Are you even an ODU fan? I seriously have my doubts. It's like you WANT us to fail.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - Razor Ramon Monarch - 11-22-2012 06:45 AM

(11-22-2012 12:10 AM)Monarchblue Wrote:  
(11-21-2012 11:57 PM)Sirloin Burger Wrote:  In the last 8 years, Blaine has had 7 20+ win seasons. He has had 9 winning seasons in a row. A coach doesn't get fired for having those stats. No ODU coach is immune to having a bad season either. I'm glad Blaine is our coach.

I think you lost all credibility on coaching matters when you called Wilder a P#@&!. Go figure you take shots at the coach who has us in the top 5, while defending this train wreck.

Exactly. This kid or VCU troll or MasonCAA or whoever he is calls the best coach in FCS football a p*ssy when he's maybe one of the greatest coaches in FCS history considering what he's accomplished in 4 short years and wants us to keep Blaine Taylor because he's managed to win 20 games 7 years by going to the CIT/CBI 4 different times.

Hooray stupidity!

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - EverRespect - 11-22-2012 08:46 AM

Do you really thinjk Blaine Taylor gives a damn about ODU basketball? Let's rewind 2 years. His bags were packed and nobody came calling. He has been lazy and complacent ever since. He shaved his mustache and now has gained about 30 pounds. Something isn't right there since he didn't get the call to greened pastures 2 years go. Yes, he did a lot for the program, but it is over. How long do you propose allowing this performance to continue? End of the season? 2 years? 5 years? Lifetime contract?

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - pandorazboxx - 11-22-2012 08:49 AM

Those three turnovers after the timeout with 2:57 to go may have put me in the fire BT camp. Why did Wright have the ball in that situation? I wouldnt be surprised if our next home win wasn't until Towson came here.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - ODUR8R - 11-22-2012 08:50 AM

Ever, you have to have a plan in place. I'm assuming that nobody quite believed we would start this bad. There are some really high level assistants out there but I don't believe even Wood Selig had anticipated this rough of a beginning. The track record just isn't there.

I trust they will do their due dilligence. He'll get a vote of confidence for recruiting purposes alone but one has to believe there are some performance goals that will need to be met.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - pandorazboxx - 11-22-2012 08:57 AM

There's no excuse to be this bad when football, soccer,baseball, field hockey, women's bball etc. Are doing good.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - EverRespect - 11-22-2012 09:00 AM

(11-22-2012 08:49 AM)pandorazboxx Wrote:  Those three turnovers after the timeout with 2:57 to go may have put me in the fire BT camp. Why did Wright have the ball in that situation? I wouldnt be surprised if our next home win wasn't until Towson came here.

I don't think we beat Towson. They are better than VMI this year.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - UDO - 11-22-2012 09:01 AM

(11-22-2012 08:49 AM)pandorazboxx Wrote:  Those three turnovers after the timeout with 2:57 to go may have put me in the fire BT camp. Why did Wright have the ball in that situation? I wouldnt be surprised if our next home win wasn't until Towson came here.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lose to Towson.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - EverRespect - 11-22-2012 09:05 AM

(11-22-2012 08:50 AM)ODUR8R Wrote:  Ever, you have to have a plan in place. I'm assuming that nobody quite believed we would start this bad. There are some really high level assistants out there but I don't believe even Wood Selig had anticipated this rough of a beginning. The track record just isn't there.

I trust they will do their due dilligence. He'll get a vote of confidence for recruiting purposes alone but one has to believe there are some performance goals that will need to be met.

Agreed

I am not a believer in firing a coach before the season is over, but we should be talking and surveying the playing field in the meantime.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - jmadz_01 - 11-22-2012 11:35 AM

I'm beginning to move into the "time for change" camp. Not because of the VMI loss, but because of all the signs of the last two years culminating in the VMI loss.
I don't know if I've bought into everything razor has posted, but he brings up some very valid points.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - ODU Hugh - 11-22-2012 12:12 PM

The recruiting missteps are rearing their ugly head this season. Blaine is paying for it. Losses to VMI and Holy Cross on your home court are beyond unacceptable.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - monarchman - 11-22-2012 12:16 PM

FWIW, UNCW is giving Purdue everything they got in Lafayette on the BTN. 30-33 Purdue.

UNCW looks better than us right now.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - pandorazboxx - 11-22-2012 12:30 PM

(11-22-2012 12:16 PM)monarchman Wrote:  FWIW, UNCW is giving Purdue everything they got in Lafayette on the BTN. 30-33 Purdue.

Don't worry UNCW fell apart. Game was last night. They don't lookmuch better than us.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - monarchman - 11-22-2012 12:34 PM

(11-22-2012 12:30 PM)pandorazboxx Wrote:  
(11-22-2012 12:16 PM)monarchman Wrote:  FWIW, UNCW is giving Purdue everything they got in Lafayette on the BTN. 30-33 Purdue.

Don't worry UNCW fell apart. Game was last night. They don't lookmuch better than us.

Yeah, they stated falling apart right at the begging of the 2nd half. Really poor offense, against a very mediocre Purdue team.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - Sirloin Burger - 11-22-2012 02:12 PM

When the new basketball facility is complete, BT will be there for the ribbon ceremony.

What's up with John Richardson, did he not get DFS to come to VT? There was a lot of hype about him coming back to ODU.

What about those who criticized Coach Barefoot? Who's talking sh1t now?

Programs go through ebbs and flows so I'm not going to call for the firing of the winningest coach in ODU history.

Coaches get fired for having losing records. BT hasn't had one for 9 years.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - Sirloin Burger - 11-22-2012 02:33 PM

(11-22-2012 06:45 AM)Razor Ramon Monarch Wrote:  Exactly. This kid or VCU troll or MasonCAA or whoever he is calls the best coach in FCS football a p*ssy when he's maybe one of the greatest coaches in FCS history considering what he's accomplished in 4 short years and wants us to keep Blaine Taylor because he's managed to win 20 games 7 years by going to the CIT/CBI 4 different times.

Hooray stupidity!

One of the greatest coaches in FCS history? 2 years isn't a good barometer to judge. Maybe a National Championship will do the trick. But I agree that BW is a great coach. I hope he retires here. But when every FCS team plays an FBS except us, I call that being a little kitten.

BT = winningest coach in ODU history.

Troll? lol

Are you going to spam your photos all over this thread now?

Here's one I'll spam.

[Image: blaine_taylor_large_medium.jpg]

Happy Thanksgiving!

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - pandorazboxx - 11-22-2012 03:13 PM

Richardson has been here for maybe 6 months. How would he be able to bring in a recruit yet? I'm super happy about Karen being here. I think that is a perfect example of letting fresh blood in and building our bball reputation back up. And guess what? Wendy didn't have any losing seasons in her final years here. If Wood got rid of Wendy 3 years after the sweet sixteen and no losing seasons, Blaine should be worried.

The ebbs and flow argument doesn't make sense to me. Our down years should at the worst be like last year. If Blaine was bringing in the kind of recruits that Shaka or Bruiser were bringing in we wouldn't be this bad right now.

RE: Fire Blaine Taylor - Dominion - 11-22-2012 08:46 PM

I don't think the recruiting gets better if he barely holds on though. It's hard to recruit off a bad season with a year left on contract. We're in a bad spot