CSNbbs
Why have a congress at all? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Why have a congress at all? (/thread-574654.html)

Pages: 1 2

Why have a congress at all? - Bull_In_Exile - 06-18-2012 08:32 AM

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/06/15/krauthammer_obamas_immigration_policy_is_out-and-out_lawlessness.html

Quote:"Beyond the pandering, beyond the politics, beyond the process is simple constitutional decency. This is out-and-out lawlessness. You had a clip of the president himself say months ago 'I cannot do this on my own because there are laws on the books.' Well, I have news for the president: The laws remain on the books, they haven't changed," syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said on "FOX News" tonight.

"He proposed the DREAM Act of which the executive order is a variation. He proposed a DREAM Act. The Congress said no. The Congress is the one who makes the laws. What the administration does is it administers law. And in fact, what it's pretending to do is to use discretion, that's what the Homeland Security Secretary said," Dr. Krauthammer said.

"This is not discretion," he said. "Discretion is when you treat it on a one-by-one basis on the grounds of extenuating circumstances. This is the declaration of a whole new set of criteria, which is essentially resurrecting the legislation that the Congress has said no to."

RE: Why have a congress at all? - maximus - 06-18-2012 08:53 AM

We have an out of control government along with an out of control debt. The two make a deadly mix.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - firmbizzle - 06-18-2012 08:54 AM

Now we agree. Disband congress. Those idiots are worthless.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - Smaug - 06-18-2012 08:59 AM

(06-18-2012 08:54 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Now we agree. Disband congress. Those idiots are worthless.

And then what?

Hand the keys to Barak Obama (or ANY president, for that matter)?

RE: Why have a congress at all? - Machiavelli - 06-18-2012 09:05 AM

I get what makes you guy's so angry. If the situation were reversed. I'd be up in arms too. We've become a tit for tat society. Partisan as all get out and both sides are using every tool they can muster.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - maximus - 06-18-2012 09:11 AM

(06-18-2012 08:54 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Now we agree. Disband congress. Those idiots are worthless.

actually, following the Constitution is where i would start.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - Crebman - 06-18-2012 09:17 AM

(06-18-2012 09:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I get what makes you guy's so angry. If the situation were reversed. I'd be up in arms too. We've become a tit for tat society. Partisan as all get out and both sides are using every tool they can muster.

Mach - The president (every president for that matter) when he takes to oath of office promises to uphold the laws of the United States. He doesn't say "I'll only uphold the laws I like and ignore the ones I don't". Nor does he say "I'll make some new laws once I get in office".

This clown is so ideologically driven, that he is in essence DOING both of the above. He is without doubt, the most scary POTUS I know of.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - Bull_In_Exile - 06-18-2012 09:21 AM

(06-18-2012 09:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I get what makes you guy's so angry. If the situation were reversed. I'd be up in arms too. We've become a tit for tat society. Partisan as all get out and both sides are using every tool they can muster.

Mach,

On of the reasons I did not vote for Bush in 2004 was the abuse of EO's...

This was a blatantly unconstitutional act, it spits in the face of checks and balances and it's par for the course for Obama...

If he does not like an existing law he refuses to enforce it (DOMA) and if he wants a law he cant get passed he puts it in with EO (Dream)... He thinks he is the president, congress, and court all wrapped up into on unicorn riding candidate.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - RobertN - 06-18-2012 09:24 AM

(06-18-2012 09:21 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Mach,

On of the reasons I did not vote for Bush in 2004 was the abuse of EO's...

This was a blatantly unconstitutional act, it spits in the face of checks and balances and it's par for the course for Obama...

If he does not like an existing law he refuses to enforce it (DOMA) and if he wants a law he cant get passed he puts it in with EO (Dream)... He thinks he is the president, congress, and court all wrapped up into on unicorn riding candidate.
You do realize he didn't use an EO don't you?

RE: Why have a congress at all? - UM2001GRAD - 06-18-2012 10:02 AM

The President is choosing to apply the scarce resources of immigration enforcement in such a way that best serves the American people. It's a wise choice on his part.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - maximus - 06-18-2012 10:21 AM

(06-18-2012 10:02 AM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The President is choosing to apply the scarce resources of immigration enforcement in such a way that best serves the American people. It's a wise choice on his part.

bull **** cough cough

RE: Why have a congress at all? - UM2001GRAD - 06-18-2012 10:21 AM

(06-18-2012 10:21 AM)maximus Wrote:  
(06-18-2012 10:02 AM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The President is choosing to apply the scarce resources of immigration enforcement in such a way that best serves the American people. It's a wise choice on his part.

bull **** cough cough

You must have gotten a sniff of yourself. All you cons reek of it.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - BlazerFan11 - 06-18-2012 10:42 AM

He has also been secretly negotiating an international trade treaty called the Trans-Pacific Partnership, bypassing the Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness.

Quote:Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) introduced legislation late Wednesday to protest the Obama administration's refusal to share information about controversial trade negotiations with the senator.

The administration's blockade against Wyden, who chairs a subcommittee on international trade, conflicts with its prior statements to the press, and raises concerns that President Barack Obama's administration is selectively icing out critics of the administration's trade strategy.

Quote:"The majority of Congress is being kept in the dark as to the substance of the TPP negotiations, while representatives of U.S. corporations -- like Halliburton, Chevron, PhRMA, Comcast and the Motion Picture Association of America -- are being consulted and made privy to details of the agreement," said Wyden.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23/trans-pacific-partnership-ron-wyden_n_1540984.html

RE: Why have a congress at all? - maximus - 06-18-2012 11:05 AM

the left loves open borders and the destruction of American sovereignty

RE: Why have a congress at all? - firmbizzle - 06-18-2012 11:09 AM

(06-18-2012 11:05 AM)maximus Wrote:  the left loves open borders and the destruction of American sovereignty

Haha! So does the right my friend.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - firmbizzle - 06-18-2012 11:11 AM

(06-18-2012 08:59 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

And then what?

Hand the keys to Barak Obama (or ANY president, for that matter)?

Maybe create a smaller federal legislative body with less power. Force more issues to be dealt by the states. Term limits for sure.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - SumOfAllFears - 06-18-2012 11:14 AM

Obafoon goal is to overload the welfare state. Classic rules for radical s

RE: Why have a congress at all? - I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou - 06-18-2012 11:51 AM

Sorry but the GOP isn't shredding the Constitution...thats a liberal tactic.

RE: Why have a congress at all? - Smaug - 06-18-2012 01:41 PM

You forgot "unilateral".

This doesn't make you the least bit uncomfortable?

Really?

RE: Why have a congress at all? - Bull_In_Exile - 06-18-2012 02:39 PM

(06-18-2012 01:41 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

You forgot "unilateral".

This doesn't make you the least bit uncomfortable?

Really?

Only if Bush did it....