Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Why have a congress at all?
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
Why have a congress at all?
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2...sness.html

Quote:"Beyond the pandering, beyond the politics, beyond the process is simple constitutional decency. This is out-and-out lawlessness. You had a clip of the president himself say months ago 'I cannot do this on my own because there are laws on the books.' Well, I have news for the president: The laws remain on the books, they haven't changed," syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said on "FOX News" tonight.

"He proposed the DREAM Act of which the executive order is a variation. He proposed a DREAM Act. The Congress said no. The Congress is the one who makes the laws. What the administration does is it administers law. And in fact, what it's pretending to do is to use discretion, that's what the Homeland Security Secretary said," Dr. Krauthammer said.

"This is not discretion," he said. "Discretion is when you treat it on a one-by-one basis on the grounds of extenuating circumstances. This is the declaration of a whole new set of criteria, which is essentially resurrecting the legislation that the Congress has said no to."
06-18-2012 08:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
RE: Why have a congress at all?
We have an out of control government along with an out of control debt. The two make a deadly mix.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012 08:53 AM by maximus.)
06-18-2012 08:53 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UF, UCF
Now we agree. Disband congress. Those idiots are worthless.
06-18-2012 08:54 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(06-18-2012 08:54 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Now we agree. Disband congress. Those idiots are worthless.

And then what?

Hand the keys to Barak Obama (or ANY president, for that matter)?
06-18-2012 08:59 AM
Machiavelli Offline
Back to Reality. Oh there goes Gravity

I Root For: BGSU
I get what makes you guy's so angry. If the situation were reversed. I'd be up in arms too. We've become a tit for tat society. Partisan as all get out and both sides are using every tool they can muster.
06-18-2012 09:05 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-18-2012 08:54 AM)firmbizzle Wrote:  Now we agree. Disband congress. Those idiots are worthless.

actually, following the Constitution is where i would start.
06-18-2012 09:11 AM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(06-18-2012 09:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I get what makes you guy's so angry. If the situation were reversed. I'd be up in arms too. We've become a tit for tat society. Partisan as all get out and both sides are using every tool they can muster.

Mach - The president (every president for that matter) when he takes to oath of office promises to uphold the laws of the United States. He doesn't say "I'll only uphold the laws I like and ignore the ones I don't". Nor does he say "I'll make some new laws once I get in office".

This clown is so ideologically driven, that he is in essence DOING both of the above. He is without doubt, the most scary POTUS I know of.
06-18-2012 09:17 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(06-18-2012 09:05 AM)Machiavelli Wrote:  I get what makes you guy's so angry. If the situation were reversed. I'd be up in arms too. We've become a tit for tat society. Partisan as all get out and both sides are using every tool they can muster.

Mach,

On of the reasons I did not vote for Bush in 2004 was the abuse of EO's...

This was a blatantly unconstitutional act, it spits in the face of checks and balances and it's par for the course for Obama...

If he does not like an existing law he refuses to enforce it (DOMA) and if he wants a law he cant get passed he puts it in with EO (Dream)... He thinks he is the president, congress, and court all wrapped up into on unicorn riding candidate.
06-18-2012 09:21 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(06-18-2012 09:21 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  

Mach,

On of the reasons I did not vote for Bush in 2004 was the abuse of EO's...

This was a blatantly unconstitutional act, it spits in the face of checks and balances and it's par for the course for Obama...

If he does not like an existing law he refuses to enforce it (DOMA) and if he wants a law he cant get passed he puts it in with EO (Dream)... He thinks he is the president, congress, and court all wrapped up into on unicorn riding candidate.
You do realize he didn't use an EO don't you?
06-18-2012 09:24 AM
UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
The President is choosing to apply the scarce resources of immigration enforcement in such a way that best serves the American people. It's a wise choice on his part.
06-18-2012 10:02 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-18-2012 10:02 AM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The President is choosing to apply the scarce resources of immigration enforcement in such a way that best serves the American people. It's a wise choice on his part.

bull **** cough cough
06-18-2012 10:21 AM
Advertisement

UM2001GRAD Offline
Humble to a Fault

I Root For: The Tea Party
(06-18-2012 10:21 AM)maximus Wrote:  
(06-18-2012 10:02 AM)UM2001GRAD Wrote:  The President is choosing to apply the scarce resources of immigration enforcement in such a way that best serves the American people. It's a wise choice on his part.

bull **** cough cough

You must have gotten a sniff of yourself. All you cons reek of it.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2012 10:22 AM by UM2001GRAD.)
06-18-2012 10:21 AM
BlazerFan11 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
He has also been secretly negotiating an international trade treaty called the Trans-Pacific Partnership, bypassing the Subcommittee on International Trade, Customs, and Global Competitiveness.

Quote:Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) introduced legislation late Wednesday to protest the Obama administration's refusal to share information about controversial trade negotiations with the senator.

The administration's blockade against Wyden, who chairs a subcommittee on international trade, conflicts with its prior statements to the press, and raises concerns that President Barack Obama's administration is selectively icing out critics of the administration's trade strategy.

Quote:"The majority of Congress is being kept in the dark as to the substance of the TPP negotiations, while representatives of U.S. corporations -- like Halliburton, Chevron, PhRMA, Comcast and the Motion Picture Association of America -- are being consulted and made privy to details of the agreement," said Wyden.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/23...40984.html
06-18-2012 10:42 AM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

the left loves open borders and the destruction of American sovereignty
06-18-2012 11:05 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-18-2012 11:05 AM)maximus Wrote:  the left loves open borders and the destruction of American sovereignty

Haha! So does the right my friend.
06-18-2012 11:09 AM
firmbizzle Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-18-2012 08:59 AM)Smaug Wrote:  

And then what?

Hand the keys to Barak Obama (or ANY president, for that matter)?

Maybe create a smaller federal legislative body with less power. Force more issues to be dealt by the states. Term limits for sure.
06-18-2012 11:11 AM
Advertisement

SumOfAllFears Offline
Grim Reaper of Misguided Liberal Souls

I Root For: America
Obafoon goal is to overload the welfare state. Classic rules for radical s
06-18-2012 11:14 AM
I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou Offline
Medium Pimping

I Root For: America

Sorry but the GOP isn't shredding the Constitution...thats a liberal tactic.
06-18-2012 11:51 AM
Smaug Offline
Happnin' Dude

I Root For: Dragons

BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award

You forgot "unilateral".

This doesn't make you the least bit uncomfortable?

Really?
06-18-2012 01:41 PM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

(06-18-2012 01:41 PM)Smaug Wrote:  

You forgot "unilateral".

This doesn't make you the least bit uncomfortable?

Really?

Only if Bush did it....
06-18-2012 02:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.