CSNbbs
Conference Affiliation - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Wichita State (/forum-620.html)
+----- Thread: Conference Affiliation (/thread-559410.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Conference Affiliation - SubGod22 - 05-20-2014 11:30 AM

(05-19-2014 08:56 PM)Downtown Shocker Brown Wrote:  There are no adequate replacements for MSU or ISU. If they leave, we take another HUGE hit in budget and competitiveness.

The fewer strong programs to pull up the lower ones, the less strength the conference will have.

As for Muller, someone is not paying attention. To change the attitude, you have to change people or people have to change. Don't want to change, the the highway. See LSU this year casting off a Senior PG that started 80 games.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App
I don't know if we can say that's how Muller operates yet though. Lots of reports of issues within the team this past year and I don't think it was all from one player. Muller takes a lot of chances on kids, but if he doesn't have any flexibility at all, it could do more harm than good for the program.

There's nothing wrong with discipline, but no two players are alike. 3G is a great example of a firm guy but still knows how to adjust to the players as well. He's not completely rigid in how he handles the different personalities. It sounds like Muller hasn't learned how to be firm but flexible yet. And if he doesn't learn it, ISU will become a hell hole.

RE: Conference Affiliation - SubGod22 - 11-16-2016 11:30 AM

Still waiting for something to happen. Still hoping football becomes a reality.

The MVC is so depressing.

RE: Conference Affiliation - Downtown Shocker Brown - 04-04-2017 01:30 AM

(11-16-2016 11:30 AM)SubGod22 Wrote:  Still waiting for something to happen. Still hoping football becomes a reality.

The MVC is so depressing.

Looky looky.

RE: Conference Affiliation - BigEastHomer - 04-04-2017 01:51 AM

[Image: 3qcawb.jpg]

RE: Conference Affiliation - 8BitPirate - 04-04-2017 06:31 AM

Your mascot is awesome!

RE: Conference Affiliation - rabidTU2 - 04-04-2017 09:45 AM

Wow! This seals it! You must be in! Congratulations!

This will be huge for the AAC too! The west is now complete.

WSU/Navy
Houston
SMU
Tulane
Memphis
Tulsa

Geographic sense. Strong programs (well, Tulane has fairly strong baseball). Easy drivable trips. Nice cities to visit. National respect. A real opportunity for meaningful post season. Good media.

It won't be a cakewalk and you'll probably have to play hard almost every night, but there won't be anymore #10 seeds with a 30 win team, thats for sure.

Welcome to the AAC and lets get this finalized!

RE: Conference Affiliation - rabidTU2 - 04-04-2017 09:53 AM

Since you have your own AACbbs site now, come on over and visit some of the other little sites. I post on the Tulsa site quite a bit and it will get pretty intense come FB season. If you watch a game and want to say something, go ahead. You're also welcome to come to campus and see a FB game in person. As a matter of fact, come and enjoy the pregame food and drink on Chapman Commons (our version of tailgating).

Go TU! Go WSU! Go AAC!

RE: Conference Affiliation - rabidTU2 - 04-04-2017 10:24 AM

BTW if you visit the TU site, scroll down to the thread "The AAC Needs Another Basketball Team". It is about you folks and becoming the next member of the AAC. It started in 2015. It is full of interesting links comparing Wichita and the MVC to the AAC schools/cities and the AAC conference in general.

RE: Conference Affiliation - SubGod22 - 04-04-2017 11:55 AM

I'll definitely have to mix in some of the individual sites over time. I'm still waiting for this to become officially official.

I need a report from The Bardo!

RE: Conference Affiliation - fastbow - 04-04-2017 12:24 PM

I know, right?

RE: Conference Affiliation - Rocky Mountain Shock - 04-04-2017 12:55 PM

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/aac-preparing-wichita-state-join-league-2017-18/

Hang on to your butts. Gonna be a fun next few days!

RE: Conference Affiliation - SubGod22 - 04-04-2017 01:40 PM

Can we just announce this tomorrow and get it over with? I'm so used to disappointment part of me is expecting this to be a horrible joke

RE: Conference Affiliation - Shockers1076 - 04-04-2017 03:33 PM

(04-04-2017 01:40 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  Can we just announce this tomorrow and get it over with? I'm so used to disappointment part of me is expecting this to be a horrible joke

Agreed. 07-coffee3

RE: Conference Affiliation - rabidTU2 - 04-04-2017 06:11 PM

I think what you will see is that this conference is a "big city" league. It will even be better for the city of Wichita. When you play on the road you might see some famous pro basketball players attending, pro baseball players, ex- Presidents (GW BUSH), famous folks. Also there are the city facilities - bigger airports, better highways, motels, eateries, etc. than in the MVC. When you try to compare say Springfiled to Dallas or Peoria to Memphis, there just is none. Lots of places to go and see. And if you get the chance, attend a UCF or USF game in the dead of winter. Make a vacation out of it. No winter in Florida in January. And since you don't have FB, you can pick and choose who you root for. We have a lot of fun teams to watch. Offenses that produce big yardage and big plays.

Its a fun league, but a very competitive one. Have fun and win every chance you can get.

Oh, and just forget about the MVC. They will be fine, but they will just have to duck lower now since the ceiling they have is so small.

RE: Conference Affiliation - SubGod22 - 04-04-2017 06:17 PM

We're used to seeing those types of things at home games. Well, mostly former players but on occasion a couple of active NBA guys roll into town. No US Presidents, but we do have the CIA director.

I still refuse to pay attention to college football until Wichita has a team. Falls are for volleyball and Royals baseball.

RE: Conference Affiliation - Native Georgian - 04-04-2017 07:20 PM

(04-04-2017 06:17 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  We're used to seeing those types of things at home games. Well, mostly former players but on occasion a couple of active NBA guys roll into town. No US Presidents, but we do have the CIA director.
Heh, and another Wichita congressman (Glickman) was the Chair of the House Intel Committee and the fed'l Ag Sec.

RE: Conference Affiliation - rabidTU2 - 04-06-2017 03:46 PM

Tomorrow (appropriately on the 7th of the month) will be the big day for the vote as I understand it. Even ESPN was earlier running a ribbon on that. I think there is a 95% chance you folks are in, but always room for some last minute shenanigans. But I just don't think that would occur since everyone is for this.

So Good Luck and expect the best. And a prematurely "WELCOME TO THE AAC!!"

RE: Conference Affiliation - rabidTU2 - 04-07-2017 10:03 AM

WELCOME TO THE AAC! Its official now. YOU ARE IN!

RE: Conference Affiliation - ShockTalk - 04-07-2017 10:46 AM

(04-07-2017 10:03 AM)rabidTU2 Wrote:  WELCOME TO THE AAC! Its official now. YOU ARE IN!

Thanks!!

RE: Conference Affiliation - SubGod22 - 04-07-2017 11:00 AM

Five years after I started this thread.

It's about time!