CSNbbs
What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) (/thread-538373.html)

What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - BullsBEAST - 12-05-2011 06:33 PM

I'll take out BYU, as they would be the obvious choice.

Assuming we add UCF, UH, SMU, BSU, AFA, and Navy as planned, who do you prefer as #7? This also assuming that we have to stay west for this.

I rank them:

1. SDSU
2. CSU
3. UNLV
4. Fresno
5. Nevada
6. Utah State
7. Tulsa

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - MadEagle - 12-05-2011 07:37 PM

Southern Miss! lol

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - socTHEgreat - 12-05-2011 08:42 PM

If no BYU, isn't Boise only on board if there is a Cali school?

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - General Mike - 12-05-2011 08:45 PM

1. SDSU
2. Nevada
3. suicide Kool-Aid

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - Chappy - 12-05-2011 08:58 PM

Stay away from Tulsa please.

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - SmallVoice - 12-05-2011 09:06 PM

Tulsa? Nice school and recent success. But it's the smallest school in FBS and will never be anything more than it is, which plays third-fiddle in Tulsa and has no following elsewhere.

Boise didn't specify which school or schools had to be invited. If they move to the BE, they're only required by their state board to play in a western division, and I think the assumption is there will be 3 schools in the far west (we're assuming Boise, Air Force, and either SDSU or BYU at this point), 2 schools in Texas, and one other (and if SDSU is in, then clearly Louisville will want to be in the west).

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - CalallenStang - 12-05-2011 09:08 PM

SDSU is far and away the best option in the OP's poll.

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - UConn-SMU - 12-05-2011 09:47 PM

SDSU is clearly #1 - especially if the Chargers move to Los Angeles as rumored.

I'm still surprised Colorado State hasn't been mentioned at all.

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - ctkatz - 12-05-2011 09:56 PM

no. it isn't. the option "none of these" is not a choice.

my opinion- the big east has no business looking at any school west of the mississippi river for consideration unless there are absolutely no capable candidates east of it. currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina. maybe further down the line umass could get an honest look after some time seasoning in d1a.

apologies to those fans of the teams listed here but this entire joke of a replacement process just shows the lack of real leadership in this conference. that you are being considered as a serious bcs league candidate does not speak ill of you, but that it is the big east that is the one giving you the serious look says more about us than it does you.

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - quo vadis - 12-05-2011 10:24 PM

(12-05-2011 09:56 PM)ctkatz Wrote:  no. it isn't. the option "none of these" is not a choice.

my opinion- the big east has no business looking at any school west of the mississippi river for consideration unless there are absolutely no capable candidates east of it.

Agreed, though i'd have stopped with the bolded text.

Quote: currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina.

Temple has no football credibility.

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - BullsBEAST - 12-05-2011 10:33 PM

(12-05-2011 09:56 PM)ctkatz Wrote:  no. it isn't. the option "none of these" is not a choice.

my opinion- the big east has no business looking at any school west of the mississippi river for consideration unless there are absolutely no capable candidates east of it. currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina. maybe further down the line umass could get an honest look after some time seasoning in d1a.

apologies to those fans of the teams listed here but this entire joke of a replacement process just shows the lack of real leadership in this conference. that you are being considered as a serious bcs league candidate does not speak ill of you, but that it is the big east that is the one giving you the serious look says more about us than it does you.

Unfortunately, the most attractive available schools are all west of the mississippi river, and theres no chance of an all eastern expansion.

I'm also surprised at no Colorado St love. I cant believe Tulsa is 2nd btw. They are a distant 7th for me, in fact I'd actually pick numerous other western schools over them, but just included them because ive heard them talked about on here a bit.

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - Pony94 - 12-05-2011 10:45 PM

It is SDSU

RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU) - ctkatz - 12-05-2011 11:45 PM

(12-05-2011 10:24 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
Quote: currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina.

Temple has no football credibility.

you missed the first part, market size. if temple has no football credibility, then greensboro definitely has no market size.