Colorado State
San Diego State
UNLV
Nevada
Utah State
Tulsa
Fresno State
[Show Results]

What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU)
BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU)
I'll take out BYU, as they would be the obvious choice.

Assuming we add UCF, UH, SMU, BSU, AFA, and Navy as planned, who do you prefer as #7? This also assuming that we have to stay west for this.

I rank them:

1. SDSU
2. CSU
3. UNLV
4. Fresno
5. Nevada
6. Utah State
7. Tulsa
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2011 06:47 PM by BullsBEAST.)
12-05-2011 06:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MadEagle Offline
All American

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: What is your preference as a western #12 (assuming no BYU)
Southern Miss! lol
12-05-2011 07:37 PM
socTHEgreat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Accountability
If no BYU, isn't Boise only on board if there is a Cali school?
12-05-2011 08:42 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
1. SDSU
2. Nevada
3. suicide Kool-Aid
12-05-2011 08:45 PM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Stay away from Tulsa please.
12-05-2011 08:58 PM
SmallVoice Offline
Silly String

I Root For: Louisville
Tulsa? Nice school and recent success. But it's the smallest school in FBS and will never be anything more than it is, which plays third-fiddle in Tulsa and has no following elsewhere.

Boise didn't specify which school or schools had to be invited. If they move to the BE, they're only required by their state board to play in a western division, and I think the assumption is there will be 3 schools in the far west (we're assuming Boise, Air Force, and either SDSU or BYU at this point), 2 schools in Texas, and one other (and if SDSU is in, then clearly Louisville will want to be in the west).
12-05-2011 09:06 PM
CalallenStang Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
SDSU is far and away the best option in the OP's poll.
12-05-2011 09:08 PM
Advertisement

UConn-SMU Offline
often wrong, never in doubt

I Root For: the AAC
SDSU is clearly #1 - especially if the Chargers move to Los Angeles as rumored.

I'm still surprised Colorado State hasn't been mentioned at all.
12-05-2011 09:47 PM
ctkatz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: colorado avs
no. it isn't. the option "none of these" is not a choice.

my opinion- the big east has no business looking at any school west of the mississippi river for consideration unless there are absolutely no capable candidates east of it. currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina. maybe further down the line umass could get an honest look after some time seasoning in d1a.

apologies to those fans of the teams listed here but this entire joke of a replacement process just shows the lack of real leadership in this conference. that you are being considered as a serious bcs league candidate does not speak ill of you, but that it is the big east that is the one giving you the serious look says more about us than it does you.
12-05-2011 09:56 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(12-05-2011 09:56 PM)ctkatz Wrote:  no. it isn't. the option "none of these" is not a choice.

my opinion- the big east has no business looking at any school west of the mississippi river for consideration unless there are absolutely no capable candidates east of it.

Agreed, though i'd have stopped with the bolded text.

Quote: currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina.

Temple has no football credibility.
12-05-2011 10:24 PM
Advertisement

BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
(12-05-2011 09:56 PM)ctkatz Wrote:  no. it isn't. the option "none of these" is not a choice.

my opinion- the big east has no business looking at any school west of the mississippi river for consideration unless there are absolutely no capable candidates east of it. currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina. maybe further down the line umass could get an honest look after some time seasoning in d1a.

apologies to those fans of the teams listed here but this entire joke of a replacement process just shows the lack of real leadership in this conference. that you are being considered as a serious bcs league candidate does not speak ill of you, but that it is the big east that is the one giving you the serious look says more about us than it does you.

Unfortunately, the most attractive available schools are all west of the mississippi river, and theres no chance of an all eastern expansion.

I'm also surprised at no Colorado St love. I cant believe Tulsa is 2nd btw. They are a distant 7th for me, in fact I'd actually pick numerous other western schools over them, but just included them because ive heard them talked about on here a bit.
12-05-2011 10:33 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
It is SDSU
12-05-2011 10:45 PM
ctkatz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: colorado avs
(12-05-2011 10:24 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
Quote: currently there are two schools east of the mississippi that are not reported candidates for expansion that have not been mentioned that according to apparantly the only credentials that matter, those being market size and football credibility. those two being temple and east carolina.

Temple has no football credibility.

you missed the first part, market size. if temple has no football credibility, then greensboro definitely has no market size.
12-05-2011 11:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.