CSNbbs
WVU just picked up another kicker - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: WVU just picked up another kicker (/thread-495284.html)

WVU just picked up another kicker - bitcruncher - 04-30-2011 12:47 PM

Since neither of WVU's FG kickers seem to be able to get the job done, the Mountaineer coaching staff went out and got another kicker to challenge for the job...

WVU Adds Kicker Sam Richardson for 2011 Season
WV Illustrated Wrote:Perhaps the best way to get West Virginia’s field goal kickers to straighten up and kick straight is to throw a little more competition their way.

The Mountaineers did just that this past week when Sam Richardson signed a letter of commitment to join the football team in the 2011 season. Richardson, a field goal kicker out of Trinity Prep School in Winter Park, Fla., made his decision to become a Mountaineer on Tuesday when he announced his college destination to his classmates.
He's a walk-on, who didn't play football until his junior year of HS. But if he manages to win the starting job, that will change in a hurry. He played soccer until the HS football coach asked him to try out for football, telling him he'd have a much better opportunity to play in college as football player. I think he's planning on playing soccer at WVU too, since he's had some discussions with WVU soccer coach Marlon Leblanc...

With the way WVU's kickers have performed this spring, I think he'll win the kicking job fairly easily...

RE: WVU just picked up another kicker - TexanMark - 04-30-2011 01:53 PM

The best kicker in the Big East wears Orange on Saturdays and Fridays and maybe Sunday too LOL

RE: WVU just picked up another kicker - bitcruncher - 04-30-2011 02:07 PM

I know the best kicker isn't at WVU at the moment. But he could be on his way to Morgantown... 05-stirthepot

RE: WVU just picked up another kicker - brista21 - 04-30-2011 03:38 PM

(04-30-2011 01:53 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  The best kicker in the Big East wears Orange on Saturdays and Fridays and maybe Sunday too LOL

Don't forget about Thursday now! 04-cheers

RE: WVU just picked up another kicker - thecomet89 - 04-30-2011 04:08 PM

(04-30-2011 01:53 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  The best kicker in the Big East wears Orange on Saturdays and Fridays and maybe Sunday too LOL

I think he is one of the best kickers in the nation.