CSNbbs
Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? (/thread-412225.html)

Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - mattsarz - 01-08-2010 02:49 PM

The way Mort is talking about it on ESPN, its hot and heavy with Carroll having mutual interest in moving back to the NFL. Carroll would have authority over personnel.

Could be a way for him to get out from under any sanctions that could be coming down on USC.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - mlb - 01-08-2010 02:52 PM

With the scrutiny on USC basketball and football, it may be his best option. He may be run out of USC before long with all these illegal benefit allegations.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - SF Husky - 01-08-2010 02:54 PM

Wow! FLA and USC are taking hits left and right this offseason. if Carroll leaves, PAC-10 is wide open.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - cuseroc - 01-08-2010 03:13 PM

(01-08-2010 02:49 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  The way Mort is talking about it on ESPN, its hot and heavy with Carroll having mutual interest in moving back to the NFL. Carroll would have authority over personnel.

Could be a way for him to get out from under any sanctions that could be coming down on USC.

Wow, this is surprising. But it would make sense if what you are saying comes to pass with sanctions at USC. But coaching in the NFL is an entirely different animal than coaching college kids where you have the final say in everything and the players almost worship you and are willing to buy in to whatever you tell them. Carrol has already failed in the NFL, so what makes him think that things have changed so greatly that he will get a different outcome now? The only thing that I can think of would be the fact that he has built such a name for himself in the college ranks that those rich NFL players and owners will be more readily to listen and buy into his coaching style now.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - ohio1317 - 01-08-2010 03:14 PM

If Carroll leaves, I think NCAA sanctions are on there way.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - SF Husky - 01-08-2010 03:21 PM

(01-08-2010 03:14 PM)ohio1317 Wrote:  If Carroll leaves, I think NCAA sanctions are on there way.

Yep. That's the only reason he would bail. He had it good but his empire is exposing some fraud. There are definitely some dirt there.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - mattsarz - 01-08-2010 03:26 PM

(01-08-2010 03:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(01-08-2010 02:49 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  The way Mort is talking about it on ESPN, its hot and heavy with Carroll having mutual interest in moving back to the NFL. Carroll would have authority over personnel.

Wow, this is surprising. But it would make sense if what you are saying comes to pass with sanctions at USC. But coaching in the NFL is an entirely different animal than coaching college kids where you have the final say in everything and the players almost worship you and are willing to buy in to whatever you tell them. Carrol has already failed in the NFL, so what makes him think that things have changed so greatly that he will get a different outcome now? The only thing that I can think of would be the fact that he has built such a name for himself in the college ranks that those rich NFL players and owners will be more readily to listen and buy into his coaching style now.

Thing is, its hard to call 33-31 with two playoff appearances in four years a failure. Average? I guess. He'll have to adapt back to the pro game.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - ctkatz - 01-08-2010 03:35 PM

(01-08-2010 03:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Wow, this is surprising. But it would make sense if what you are saying comes to pass with sanctions at USC. But coaching in the NFL is an entirely different animal than coaching college kids where you have the final say in everything and the players almost worship you and are willing to buy in to whatever you tell them. Carrol has already failed in the NFL, so what makes him think that things have changed so greatly that he will get a different outcome now? The only thing that I can think of would be the fact that he has built such a name for himself in the college ranks that those rich NFL players and owners will be more readily to listen and buy into his coaching style now.

I agree with this an ohio1317. I think he's bailing because of upcoming sanctions, and then after he fails in the pros again he gets another college job.

RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks? - Stookey57 - 01-08-2010 03:49 PM

(01-08-2010 03:26 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  
(01-08-2010 03:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Thing is, its hard to call 33-31 with two playoff appearances in four years a failure. Average? I guess. He'll have to adapt back to the pro game.

psaid he was to groovey and california ish.ete carrol was run out of town with the patriots, it was ugly, the players