Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Pete Carroll to Seahawks?
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
Pete Carroll to Seahawks?
The way Mort is talking about it on ESPN, its hot and heavy with Carroll having mutual interest in moving back to the NFL. Carroll would have authority over personnel.

Could be a way for him to get out from under any sanctions that could be coming down on USC.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2010 02:51 PM by mattsarz.)
01-08-2010 02:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Pete Carroll to Seahawks?
With the scrutiny on USC basketball and football, it may be his best option. He may be run out of USC before long with all these illegal benefit allegations.
01-08-2010 02:52 PM
Find all posts by this user
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Wow! FLA and USC are taking hits left and right this offseason. if Carroll leaves, PAC-10 is wide open.
01-08-2010 02:54 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(01-08-2010 02:49 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  The way Mort is talking about it on ESPN, its hot and heavy with Carroll having mutual interest in moving back to the NFL. Carroll would have authority over personnel.

Could be a way for him to get out from under any sanctions that could be coming down on USC.

Wow, this is surprising. But it would make sense if what you are saying comes to pass with sanctions at USC. But coaching in the NFL is an entirely different animal than coaching college kids where you have the final say in everything and the players almost worship you and are willing to buy in to whatever you tell them. Carrol has already failed in the NFL, so what makes him think that things have changed so greatly that he will get a different outcome now? The only thing that I can think of would be the fact that he has built such a name for himself in the college ranks that those rich NFL players and owners will be more readily to listen and buy into his coaching style now.
01-08-2010 03:13 PM
ohio1317 Offline

I Root For: Ohio State
If Carroll leaves, I think NCAA sanctions are on there way.
01-08-2010 03:14 PM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
(01-08-2010 03:14 PM)ohio1317 Wrote:  If Carroll leaves, I think NCAA sanctions are on there way.

Yep. That's the only reason he would bail. He had it good but his empire is exposing some fraud. There are definitely some dirt there.
01-08-2010 03:21 PM
mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
(01-08-2010 03:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(01-08-2010 02:49 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  The way Mort is talking about it on ESPN, its hot and heavy with Carroll having mutual interest in moving back to the NFL. Carroll would have authority over personnel.

Wow, this is surprising. But it would make sense if what you are saying comes to pass with sanctions at USC. But coaching in the NFL is an entirely different animal than coaching college kids where you have the final say in everything and the players almost worship you and are willing to buy in to whatever you tell them. Carrol has already failed in the NFL, so what makes him think that things have changed so greatly that he will get a different outcome now? The only thing that I can think of would be the fact that he has built such a name for himself in the college ranks that those rich NFL players and owners will be more readily to listen and buy into his coaching style now.

Thing is, its hard to call 33-31 with two playoff appearances in four years a failure. Average? I guess. He'll have to adapt back to the pro game.
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2010 03:27 PM by mattsarz.)
01-08-2010 03:26 PM
ctkatz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: colorado avs
(01-08-2010 03:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  Wow, this is surprising. But it would make sense if what you are saying comes to pass with sanctions at USC. But coaching in the NFL is an entirely different animal than coaching college kids where you have the final say in everything and the players almost worship you and are willing to buy in to whatever you tell them. Carrol has already failed in the NFL, so what makes him think that things have changed so greatly that he will get a different outcome now? The only thing that I can think of would be the fact that he has built such a name for himself in the college ranks that those rich NFL players and owners will be more readily to listen and buy into his coaching style now.

I agree with this an ohio1317. I think he's bailing because of upcoming sanctions, and then after he fails in the pros again he gets another college job.
01-08-2010 03:35 PM
Stookey57 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UConn, BC
(01-08-2010 03:26 PM)mattsarz Wrote:  
(01-08-2010 03:13 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Thing is, its hard to call 33-31 with two playoff appearances in four years a failure. Average? I guess. He'll have to adapt back to the pro game.

psaid he was to groovey and california ish.ete carrol was run out of town with the patriots, it was ugly, the players
01-08-2010 03:49 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.