Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rumor mill
Bookmark and Share
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

This may be old news, but I heard this last night at the game: That Jackie will announce his resignation this Wednesday, one day prior to the Egg Bowl. Just one more reason to fire his team up for one last big win over Ole Miss, anyway he can get it I guess.

Not like this game means anything to us anyway, other than pride. But, it is still a typical thing of Jackie to use as motivation. So State will, more than likely, drill us into the ground Thursday, and Jackie will again be king of Starkville, recant his resignation, and continue his dominance over Ole Miss, much like everyone else in the SEC.
11-24-2002 03:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Olemissno1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

This game does mean something if we win. If the Rebels win, they will be bowl eligible. Not that they will win in a bowl game, but it's good for the team if they go.
11-24-2002 03:33 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Olemissno1 Wrote:This game does mean something if we win. If the Rebels win, they will be bowl eligible. Not that they will win in a bowl game, but it's good for the team if they go.
Why is that good? We don't deserve a bowl, and will probably just lose money again traveling to some dump of a bowl like Shrevehell, or Detoilet, or some other sh*tty bowl. It's not worth it. We deserve to sit our asses at home and think about the season we just flushed down the crapper.
11-24-2002 03:39 PM
Olemissno1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

Look at it this way. Last year we deserved a bowl game and did not get it. This year we don't deserve it but get to go to a bowl game.
11-24-2002 03:44 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Olemissno1 Wrote:Look at it this way. Last year we deserved a bowl game and did not get it. This year we don't deserve it but get to go to a bowl game.
I do appreciate and admire your optimistic outlook on this issue, and there is some comfort in that fact that you mentioned. However, I am tired of getting beat. And I'm especially tired of getting beat in front of a national audience. Some would say that even bad publicity is good publicity, but I don't subscribe to that when it comes to football.
1) We lose money on traveling expenses, room and board, etc when we play in a crappy bowl that doesn't even pay for the gas to get there.
2) We lose practically everytime we are on tv, and all bowl are on natl tv, so recruits see us lose all the time. Not good.
3) Yeah, last year we were bowl eligible and we did deserve a bowl over Kramer's kids, but even at that, we really didn't deserve a bowl last year either, nor did Bama.
11-24-2002 03:52 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

And the last thing I want from the SEC or the NCAA or any bowl committees is an apologetic handout to a bowl for allegedly screwing us last year. We should EARN our way to a bowl, not be given a bowl to say "We're sorry about last year guys, here ya go".

<!--EDIT|10MAN|Nov 24 2002, 03:26 PM-->
11-24-2002 03:54 PM
Advertisement

Olemissno1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I guess you have a point. I'm just trying to find something good out of this season.
11-24-2002 04:00 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Olemissno1 Wrote:I guess you have a point. I'm just trying to find something good out of this season.
Fair enough! I'm just as frustrated as everyone else, but I'm just having a hard time finding anything positive from it.
11-24-2002 04:22 PM
Olemissno1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:

I have found something positive from this season...It's almost over.
11-24-2002 04:41 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Olemissno1 Wrote:I have found something positive from this season...It's almost over.
03-lol 03-lol 03-lol 03-lol As sad as that is to say, that is the most positive thing I've heard in 6 weeks!
11-24-2002 05:28 PM
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

I hope we don't go to a bowl. And, as much as it kills me to even say this, I almost think it would be a blessing to lose on Thursday. Maybe a losing record this season would shake some people up and cause some changes to be made. Because if we continuously stick to the same ol same ol, we will NEVER move to be anything other than a middle tier of the SEC.
11-24-2002 07:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

And, if we're just going to continuously ride the coattails of the upper tier SEC teams...I suppose that's fine. But, quit with the fokin bs of getting everyone's hopes up. It's miserable to see all that talent and then not have SHITE done withit. It's miserable to see our defense that has such minimal and sometimes unused talent play their hearts out for EVERTHING they get and actually accomplish a few things only to have our offense which is supposedly talent overflowing to not do crap with it....or worse yet make turnover after turnover. I have so many opinions about our team right now that I'm absolutely overflowing. But, I'll spare you for now.

Rx <<~~sick and tired of it
11-24-2002 07:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WizardRebel Offline
All American

I Root For: Ole Miss

I totally agree Rx. I'm sick and tired of it. It started my freshman year with the '93 team. Everyone said we were going to be the s%#t that year. Then, the Cassius Ware car thing happened and that became a convenient excuse for why we went 5-6. That was also the team that got us on four years of probation because of how many of them were recruited. Let me say this. I don't honestly think we had to buy a 5-6 team. I'm pretty sure we could have accomplished that on our own and spared ourselves probation...ah hell, I'm rambling.

Anyway, ever since the hiring of Tub-o-lies, it has been promise after promise that good things were coming. :bang:

I vote we become a baseball school.

WR
11-25-2002 01:09 AM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

10 man, you feel exactly the way I do about this season, bowl prospects, etc. The one good thing - like another poster mentioned is that it is 'almost' over.

Why talk about a bowl game? Ole Miss will not be eligable. . .******* sherrill can get his guys fired up. . . . cutcliffe can stand on the sideline looking like a statue of W.C. Handy or some other 'dead' guy. I'm going to have to sit in the stands - watch us get our ass smoked one more time this year and once the game is over, I can stand at my seat and calmly clap my hands (ie Cutcliffe) and think, "What might have been!"
11-25-2002 09:38 AM
Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

So,if it turns out to be true that Cheryl the Peril announces his resignation/retirement, does anybody think Klutzcliffe, Bear Bryant's chief jock-washer, will have the thought that he might (gasp) need to, you know, motivate our team, particularly after all it has been through. Does anybody think that it will occur to him to try to get the team up to play for anything? Or will he continue with his pity party about how everything has fallen apart :crying:, none of it being his or the team's fault. Poor Klutzcliffe, what's a head coach to do in such a situation? Bear Bryant never told him.
11-25-2002 07:20 PM
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

of course, Bear would've never let his team get IN this position
11-25-2002 07:25 PM
Advertisement

Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Rebel_Rx Wrote:of course, Bear would've never let his team get IN this position
03-lol Of course, so now does our coach have a clue?
11-25-2002 07:41 PM
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

I'm not trying to sound like our dear friend, Peabrain, but hey I got some inside info, as to the ******* resignation. Apparently, not true. Just the opposite, he's gonna pull a Buttlipps and fire his coordinators, both of 'em. Bye bye Joe Lee. This coming from a pretty high-up MSU alum, and a friend.

Who knows? We'll see. I think that it's obvious something is gonna shake up over there soon. But, I hope that shakin' finds its way a bit north of Starkville.
11-25-2002 08:18 PM
Wryword Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

You know, Joe Lee did some good things for us during the Brewer years. We had some really kick butt defenses then. I wonder......
11-25-2002 08:57 PM
Rebel_Rx Offline
All American

I Root For:
Crappies

who knows...i just wish SOMETHING would change
11-25-2002 09:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.