Niederhauser to Penn State
04-15-2024 09:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

I Root For: NIU
RE: Niederhauser to Penn State
(04-15-2024 09:37 PM)HuskieDave Wrote:  https://x.com/goodmanhoops/status/178005...qsyn5erw5A

He's too talented and big for someone not to take a shot on him.

Now we'll see how he develops.
04-15-2024 09:50 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
He couldn't dominate in the MAC, he certainly isn't ready to play in a high major conference.
04-15-2024 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NIUfilmmaker Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU!
He was a stiff when he came to NIU but playing better now I think. If he's jumping ship not "wishing him all the best" as some do.
04-16-2024 06:50 AM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

Like you wouldn’t transfer to the B1G if you could? Yanic battled injuries his whole time in DeKalb. Showed flashes of big upside at times. I think I will trust the Penn State coaches’evaluation of him a bit more than yours
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
Big Red Online
All American

(04-15-2024 10:37 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  He couldn't dominate in the MAC, he certainly isn't ready to play in a high major conference.

No one said he has to go there an dominate. He's big and athletic and has potential. They fill out their roster with a guy we're trying to turn into our starting center. If he turns out really good, great. If he's a defensive bench player, great. They have nothing to lose.

With that said, Yanic's big issues has always been injuries and fouls.
04-16-2024 07:50 AM
Advertisement

Klake1987 Offline
2nd String

Put that sneaky little **** Neiderhouser on it.
04-16-2024 08:27 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
(04-16-2024 08:27 AM)Klake1987 Wrote:  Put that sneaky little **** Neiderhouser on it.

Nicely done. Way over the heads of the younger crowd.
04-16-2024 08:50 AM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

(04-16-2024 07:50 AM)Big Red Wrote:  
(04-15-2024 10:37 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  He couldn't dominate in the MAC, he certainly isn't ready to play in a high major conference.

No one said he has to go there an dominate. He's big and athletic and has potential. They fill out their roster with a guy we're trying to turn into our starting center. If he turns out really good, great. If he's a defensive bench player, great. They have nothing to lose.

He had 2 pts and 3 rebounds vs Northwestern and 4 points and 4 rebounds vs Iowa. That's going to be his competition. I doubt he ever becomes their starting center but maybe he has a huge development happen this offseason.
04-16-2024 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Red Online
All American

(04-16-2024 11:10 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(04-16-2024 07:50 AM)Big Red Wrote:  

He had 2 pts and 3 rebounds vs Northwestern and 4 points and 4 rebounds vs Iowa. That's going to be his competition. I doubt he ever becomes their starting center but maybe he has a huge development happen this offseason.

He improved substantially from his freshman to his sophomore seasons.

And that was with a HC who many here felt misused him and didn't develop him properly. So, with a different setting, he could continue to improve.

But again, he doesn't have to be all conference. Teams like Penn State, who isn't even that good of a B1G school, have multiple guys who could start and make a difference for a team like NIU. They stockpile these guys with upside.

And they also see guys leave for this exact reason and I wouldn't be surprised if YKN transfers again because that's how it goes.

With all of that said, I'd estimate his chances of being on a team that qualifies for the NCAA tournament actually just went down by going to Penn State.
04-16-2024 11:21 AM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
Wish him well, but he could barely make it up and down the court.
04-16-2024 02:40 PM
Advertisement

Huskies2006 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: NIU, UF, Sox
Congrats to Niederhauser, that's an awesome opportunity. Feels much more disappointing when you see our guys go to some middling program, but opportunity to play Big 10 basketball vs going under .500 at NIU? Can't blame him, hopefully NIU basketball get on track some day so we can keep guys like this around but not close at this point.
04-16-2024 05:46 PM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I don't wish him luck or ill.
He was given a great opportunity here. He walked away from it.

Whatever.

Looking to our future.
04-16-2024 07:17 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(04-16-2024 07:17 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  I don't wish him luck or ill.

Whatever.

Looking to our future.

To play in front of 10 people on a team that will get wins in the single digits?

This place is only special to us.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2024 07:31 PM by HawaiiToNIU.)
04-16-2024 07:28 PM
Big Red Online
All American

(04-16-2024 07:28 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

Whatever.

Looking to our future.

To play in front of 10 people on a team that will get wins in the single digits?

I'm not going to argue that 11 wins is special, but Konan Niederhäuser has never played on a team at NIU that got single digit wins and the only reason they might get that next year is because everyone quit.

Had most of these guys stuck with it and Burno added to the team, they were positioned to be better.

Then again, if none of them can stay on the court for more than 3 games in a row, they weren't going to be successful...
04-16-2024 08:16 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

(04-16-2024 08:16 PM)Big Red Wrote:  

Whatever.

Looking to our future.

I'm not going to argue that 11 wins is special, but Konan Niederhäuser has never played on a team at NIU that got single digit wins and the only reason they might get that next year is because everyone quit.

Had most of these guys stuck with it and Burno added to the team, they were positioned to be better.

Then again, if none of them can stay on the court for more than 3 games in a row, they weren't going to be successful...

I'm speaking on the future. Which looks like single digit wins.

I wouldn't mind riding the pine at a Big Ten school. You get to play clean up in front of thousands of screaming fans. All sorts of cool merch to wear. Plus I bet their parties are a lot of fun.

Seems more fun than playing on a losing squad in front of...no one?
04-16-2024 08:43 PM
Advertisement

Big Red Online
All American

(04-16-2024 08:43 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

Whatever.

Looking to our future.

I wouldn't mind riding the pine at a Big Ten school. You get to play clean up in front of thousands of screaming fans. All sorts of cool merch to wear. Plus I bet their parties are a lot of fun.

A very good friend of mine was a walk-on at DePaul.

Now granted, he wasn't getting the life changing money that YKN is getting at PSU or a guy like Ducker got at Memphis, but...

He rode the bench for 3 years, traveled, got ridiculous swag, and hates the time he spent at DePaul.

And he was on academic scholarships so he never paid out of pocket to attend school.

But he loves it when they lose, makes fun of them constantly, and basically feels his time spent in all of those practices was miserable.

I know another guy who is marrying my wife's cousin. He played football at NIU. Was recruited by Novak and didn't play. Dealt with injuries the whole time but put in his time. Didn't play. Won't even talk to me about his time at NIU and couldn't give two ***** about if the team is good or not.

The basketball player...his favorite team is Connecticut. The football player...his favorite team is Florida.

Most of these guys, especially the ones who were mostly insignificant to the program (ie, didn't win something substantial or were a part of something special or were prominent starters) leave the programs either indifferent to the team or bitter.

They bust their ass in practice, they deal with injuries, they spend gobs of time at the facility. It's not glamorous.

Right now, I'd put YKN at about 60% chance to transfer again before he graduates.
04-16-2024 09:30 PM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-16-2024 09:30 PM)Big Red Wrote:  
(04-16-2024 08:43 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  

Whatever.

Looking to our future.

A very good friend of mine was a walk-on at DePaul.

Now granted, he wasn't getting the life changing money that YKN is getting at PSU or a guy like Ducker got at Memphis, but...

He rode the bench for 3 years, traveled, got ridiculous swag, and hates the time he spent at DePaul.

And he was on academic scholarships so he never paid out of pocket to attend school.

But he loves it when they lose, makes fun of them constantly, and basically feels his time spent in all of those practices was miserable.

I know another guy who is marrying my wife's cousin. He played football at NIU. Was recruited by Novak and didn't play. Dealt with injuries the whole time but put in his time. Didn't play. Won't even talk to me about his time at NIU and couldn't give two ***** about if the team is good or not.

The basketball player...his favorite team is Connecticut. The football player...his favorite team is Florida.

Most of these guys, especially the ones who were mostly insignificant to the program (ie, didn't win something substantial or were a part of something special or were prominent starters) leave the programs either indifferent to the team or bitter.

They bust their ass in practice, they deal with injuries, they spend gobs of time at the facility. It's not glamorous.

Right now, I'd put YKN at about 60% chance to transfer again before he graduates.
04-16-2024 11:04 PM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

Big Red says "Now granted, he wasn't getting the life changing money that YKN is getting at PSU or a guy like Ducker got at Memphis, but.."

Yanic is getting NO money to play....at PSU he will be surrounded by better talent and will thrive in his role which I think may well be as a backup at least the first year. Remember, the kid has hardly played but I think he has a big upside. Will be fun to watch if healthy.
04-16-2024 11:08 PM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
(04-16-2024 11:08 PM)huskies77 Wrote:  Big Red says "Now granted, he wasn't getting the life changing money that YKN is getting at PSU or a guy like Ducker got at Memphis, but.."

Yanic is getting NO money to play....at PSU he will be surrounded by better talent and will thrive in his role which I think may well be as a backup at least the first year. Remember, the kid has hardly played but I think he has a big upside. Will be fun to watch if healthy.
Every scholarship player gets a check at a P2/5 school. It may only be a few hundred a week, but everyone gets one. Starters get significantly more.
04-17-2024 06:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.