Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liberalism a mental disorder?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Liberalism a mental disorder?
https://www.realcleareducation.com/artic...24795.html

"...These liberal students happen to concurrently report significantly greater levels mental health issues compared to men and perhaps leading the charge to cancel those that they find objectionable is a symptom. When asked about how often one felt stressed, frustrated, or overwhelmed, 82 percent of very liberal students reported feeling stressed “about half of the time” or more often. Roughly two-thirds (66 percent) of very conservative students felt the same way. Nearly 77 percent of very liberal students report feeling anxious more than half of the time while 52 percent of very conservative students report the same. Nearly twice the number of very liberal students (49 percent) reported feeling depressed more than half of the time compared to 26 percent of very conservative students.

It turns out that very liberal students also felt lonelier and more isolated (52 percent) than their conservative counterparts (37 percent) and regularly believed they had no time for themselves (68 percent compared to 56 percent). Gender almost certainly plays a role here as well for collegiate women are far more liberal than men on campus today and women often report significantly higher rates of anxiety and depression compared to men. ..."
04-15-2024 09:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
RE: Liberalism a mental disorder?
(04-15-2024 09:33 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.realcleareducation.com/artic...24795.html

"...These liberal students happen to concurrently report significantly greater levels mental health issues compared to men and perhaps leading the charge to cancel those that they find objectionable is a symptom. When asked about how often one felt stressed, frustrated, or overwhelmed, 82 percent of very liberal students reported feeling stressed “about half of the time” or more often. Roughly two-thirds (66 percent) of very conservative students felt the same way. Nearly 77 percent of very liberal students report feeling anxious more than half of the time while 52 percent of very conservative students report the same. Nearly twice the number of very liberal students (49 percent) reported feeling depressed more than half of the time compared to 26 percent of very conservative students.

It turns out that very liberal students also felt lonelier and more isolated (52 percent) than their conservative counterparts (37 percent) and regularly believed they had no time for themselves (68 percent compared to 56 percent). Gender almost certainly plays a role here as well for collegiate women are far more liberal than men on campus today and women often report significantly higher rates of anxiety and depression compared to men. ..."

It’s not that way in other countries. There, young people are mostly normal and aren’t suffering from widespread mental issues.

It’s an American issue. Society is broken. This is but one symptom.
04-15-2024 09:38 PM
andybible1995 Online
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
(04-15-2024 09:33 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.realcleareducation.com/artic...24795.html

Michael Savage called it years ago. He also said that there is no cure for it unfortunately.
04-15-2024 09:56 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Who here didn’t already know this?

Well except rwt and x and mensa and kruciff and elvis and …..
04-15-2024 09:58 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
It's more about needing a crutch. When something goes wrong it's always circles back to some mental health issue. Granted, that may be the case sometimes, but not every damn time. I also fully realize that conservatives helped raise these now liberals to some degree. So, some of the blame falls back on us, especially the helicopter parents. Not much we can do once the kids hit college age, as by that time they need to forge their own identity and being surrounded by nonsense can have an impact.
04-16-2024 07:36 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-15-2024 09:56 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  

Michael Savage called it years ago. He also said that there is no cure for it unfortunately.

it's an easy call based on simple numbers vs. future opportunity vs. competition....

if you're not on your game, the bottom rung will always be your best bud!
04-16-2024 07:44 AM
Advertisement

Captain Bearcat Offline
All-American in Everything

I Root For: UC
(04-15-2024 09:38 PM)Todor Wrote:  

It’s not that way in other countries. There, young people are mostly normal and aren’t suffering from widespread mental issues.

It’s an American issue. Society is broken. This is but one symptom.

At the heart of this issue is social media use. It damages the normal brain functions that handle interpersonal relationships.

And if you think that social media is primarily an American problem, think again:

[Image: grafika1.png]

[Image: 08-Social-Media-Adoption-Countries-DataR...x576-1.png]
04-16-2024 08:11 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(04-16-2024 08:11 AM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  At the heart of this issue is social media use. It damages the normal brain functions that handle interpersonal relationships.

Absolutely!

There are studies out now that prove this. They say no child should be on social media before 16 yo.

I personally think that's too young.
04-16-2024 08:16 AM
Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

We're talking about people that believe someone with a d!ck is a woman.

Personally I think calling it a mental disorder is minimizing it. I think they're just complete idiots.
04-16-2024 08:27 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
This is around the 10th thread on this very topic across the relevant forums here...maybe THIS time? 03-zzz

https://csnbbs.com/search.php?action=res...order=desc
04-16-2024 08:31 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

We'll talk about what we want to talk about Tom. It ain't up to you. You aren't in charge.
04-16-2024 08:35 AM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Online
Hall of Famer

Every day is a good day to talk about how stupid liberals are.
04-16-2024 08:36 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(04-16-2024 08:36 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Every day is a good day to talk about how stupid liberals are.

This

Every day, this admin and its supporters do something even dumber than the day before. America would be such a better place if there were no leftist Demtards living here.
04-16-2024 08:51 AM
450bench Offline

(04-16-2024 08:36 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Every day is a good day to talk about how stupid liberals are.

^^^^^^^^
Just acts as a constant reminder
04-16-2024 08:57 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-16-2024 08:35 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  We'll talk about what we want to talk about Tom. It ain't up to you. You aren't in charge.

Tom is the poster boy for liberal mental illness.
04-17-2024 05:18 AM
The Sicatoka Offline
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
Stress is life.
Suck it up, buttercup.

"Life sucks; get a helmet." -- Denis Leary
04-17-2024 07:58 AM
Advertisement

oruvoice Offline
Heisman

The question mark in the thread title is not needed. A period would have been better.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024 12:12 PM by oruvoice.)
04-17-2024 09:23 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville

In a world of constant change it is comforting to know some truths are never changing.

God is Great
Beer is Good
and Liberals are Crazy
04-17-2024 09:33 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-16-2024 08:57 AM)450bench Wrote:  

^^^^^^^^
Just acts as a constant reminder

Tom doesn't like science showing liberals are nuts.

Its explained in the article.
04-17-2024 11:54 AM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Tell us you don’t understand social statistics without telling us. Funny how these studies are in direct response to studies showing how conservatives have daddy issues and need an authoritarian in their life. You know just being on average mentally unwell. Difference is liberals know when something might be wrong. Conservatives try to “alpha” everything. Ahhh alpha and betas in wolf packs! another science “fact” that has been debunked.
04-17-2024 12:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.