Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

TODAY's The Day-- Owl Club 24-Hour Challenge
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice Owls

The Parliament Awards
TODAY's The Day-- Owl Club 24-Hour Challenge
Greetings Rice Family,

In just 9 days we will have our Rice University 24-hour Giving Challenge!

This is a HUGE day for Rice Athletics, serving as the largest day of the year to raise money for our exceptional student-athletes. A successful Giving Day is imperative, as we continue to reach new heights in the American Athletic Conference.

With that said, ALL GIFTS made to the Owl Club Athletic Fund starting April 4th through April 11th will count towards our Day of Giving goals of $200,000 and 1000 donors. Owl Club dollars will directly support increased operating budgets for all programs, so the more we raise, the more resources our programs will be able to invest in our student-athletes.

We ask that you please consider making a gift starting this week on Thursday, April 4th to help us reach our goal in support of our student-athletes both now and in all of their future endeavors.

In the meantime, we hope you enjoy watching the daily video countdown, today is #50 Kyte McDonald from our Rice Baseball team! Check out the message here: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/CYq3InBGdW8

Give Starting April 4th to count towards our 24-Hour Challenge!
https://riceowls.com/sports/owl-club/
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2024 07:58 AM by waltgreenberg.)
04-02-2024 10:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
RE: April 11th Owl Club 24-Hour Challenge
Any gifts starting with today (Thursday, April 4th) counts toward the 24-hour challenge.
04-04-2024 07:57 AM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

(04-04-2024 07:57 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Any gifts starting with today (Thursday, April 4th) counts toward the 24-hour challenge.

New Math?
04-04-2024 08:30 AM
ArmChairOwl Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Rice
(04-04-2024 08:30 AM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  
(04-04-2024 07:57 AM)waltgreenberg Wrote:  Any gifts starting with today (Thursday, April 4th) counts toward the 24-hour challenge.

New Math?

There are times that I disagree with Walt's posts on this board, and times that I have considered him arrogant and many other negative descriptors I can think of. However, no doubt Walt Greenberg is a tremendous asset to Rice athletics and Rice University overall. I received this email today:
-----
"Thank you so much for being a past supporter of Rice’s 24-Hour Challenge. As a challenge expert and proud alum, you know how important this day is to our students and faculty.

I invite you to be among the first to participate this year — and help us kickstart our day of impact.

We’re just a week away from the challenge, and there is a lot at stake. When 4,000 alumni and student donors make a gift, Walt Greenberg ’78 will donate an additional $300,000.

I hope we can count on you again this year. Please consider making your gift now and help us jumpstart the challenge.

Sincerely,

Stephen Bayer
Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
Rice University"
-----
To Walt: I take back every negative thought I've had of you...well, I guess until the next time I become angry. However, another thing I do admire is that you actually go by your name on this board, which is more than I can say about myself. I am currently quite comfortable in going by an alias at this time.
04-04-2024 10:18 AM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

(04-04-2024 10:18 AM)ArmChairOwl Wrote:  
(04-04-2024 08:30 AM)loki_the_bubba Wrote:  

New Math?

There are times that I disagree with Walt's posts on this board, and times that I have considered him arrogant and many other negative descriptors I can think of. However, no doubt Walt Greenberg is a tremendous asset to Rice athletics and Rice University overall. I received this email today:
-----
"Thank you so much for being a past supporter of Rice’s 24-Hour Challenge. As a challenge expert and proud alum, you know how important this day is to our students and faculty.

I invite you to be among the first to participate this year — and help us kickstart our day of impact.

We’re just a week away from the challenge, and there is a lot at stake. When 4,000 alumni and student donors make a gift, Walt Greenberg ’78 will donate an additional $300,000.

I hope we can count on you again this year. Please consider making your gift now and help us jumpstart the challenge.

Sincerely,

Stephen Bayer
Vice President for Development and Alumni Relations
Rice University"
-----
To Walt: I take back every negative thought I've had of you...well, I guess until the next time I become angry. However, another thing I do admire is that you actually go by your name on this board, which is more than I can say about myself. I am currently quite comfortable in going by an alias at this time.

I just got that email.

Thank you. Walt.
04-04-2024 10:23 AM
NYNightOwl Offline
NYOwl

https://www.givecampus.com/schools/RiceU...etics/?a=1

This is the direct giving link from the Owl Club email. Thank you Walt!
04-04-2024 10:32 AM
Advertisement

georgewebb Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice!
The Parliament AwardsDonators
(04-04-2024 10:18 AM)ArmChairOwl Wrote:  To Walt: . . . another thing I do admire is that you actually go by your name on this board, . . .

Hear, hear! This forum would be better if more people had the courage to do that.
04-04-2024 06:49 PM
Frizzy Owl Offline
Heisman

(04-04-2024 06:49 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  
(04-04-2024 10:18 AM)ArmChairOwl Wrote:  To Walt: . . . another thing I do admire is that you actually go by your name on this board, . . .

Hear, hear! This forum would be better if more people had the courage to do that.

04-bolt
04-04-2024 07:13 PM
ArmChairOwl Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-04-2024 06:49 PM)georgewebb Wrote:  

Agreed. Maybe I will get out of this ArmChair.
04-04-2024 08:25 PM
Barney Offline
All American

Many sincere thanks Walt
04-05-2024 09:45 AM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
e-mail sent out today by Tommy McClelland...

Quote:Greetings Owl Fans,

The day is almost here. Tomorrow, Thursday April 11th, 2024, is the Rice University 24-Hour Challenge! As we continue to make strides in our debut year in the American Athletic Conference, our student-athletes need your continued support!

Since I started in August, I have been inspired by the unified commitment by our administration, donors and fans in supporting our Rice student-athletes. Our student-athletes excel at the highest level in the classroom and in the field of play and deserve our support.

We have a unique opportunity to accelerate our trajectory and further elevate our athletic programs in support of our institutional mission. We are determined to hit our goal of 1,000 participants and raising $200,000 during the 24-Hour Challenge, the support during this challenge is vital to our future success. Tomorrow, I am asking the Rice Owl Community to once again unite and rally to help us ascend to new heights and be part of a record breaking 24-Hour Challenge for Rice Athletics! Help our student-athletes become the leaders of tomorrow! Click HERE to support today!

Thomas H. McClelland, II
Vice President and Director of Athletics
Rice University
04-10-2024 05:11 PM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
RE: TODAY's The Day-- Owl Club 24-Hour Challenge
bump
04-11-2024 07:58 AM
dragon2owl Online
Heisman

I Root For: RICE
My donations today went to:
The Access, Opportunity, and Inclusion Gift Fund
ARA Diversity Fund
Association of Rice University Black Alumni (ARUBA) Legacy Endowment Fund
Rice Alumni Pride Award Endowment
SOLAR – Raíces a Ramas Endowment
Owl Club Athletic Fund
Jones College
The Rice Investment
04-11-2024 10:37 AM
TheOwl84 Offline
Bench Warmer

Made my donations to the Owl Club and the MOB!
04-11-2024 11:11 AM
ArmChairOwl Offline
Bench Warmer

Mine went to the Owl Club and Rice University School Mathematics Project (RUSMP). GO OWLS!
04-11-2024 12:20 PM
owl95 Offline
1st String

My donation went to the Owl Club. Thank you Walt for your support of the University!
04-11-2024 01:11 PM
Advertisement

waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
Other than the pledge, my gifts today went to the Owl Club, the Annual Fund/Residential Colleges and School of Social Sciences Dean's Discretionary Fund.
04-11-2024 03:08 PM
loki_the_bubba Offline
Heisman

Split mine four ways

Owl Club
Lovett College (eol rrf)
Fondren Library
Glasscock School
04-11-2024 03:11 PM
NYNightOwl Offline
NYOwl

We're doing ok on the $ target... but we're lagging on participants (617 so far).
If it's been a tough year or if you're protesting a decision or two or 50, please still consider giving something - even $25, to bump up our total participation.
04-11-2024 03:37 PM
waltgreenberg Offline
Legend

The Parliament Awards
(04-11-2024 03:37 PM)NYNightOwl Wrote:  We're doing ok on the $ target... but we're lagging on participants (617 so far).
If it's been a tough year or if you're protesting a decision or two or 50, please still consider giving something - even $25, to bump up our total participation.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Owl Club goal and not the university-wide challenge. For the Owl Club, almost half of the $200,000 goal has come in via one $50,000 matching gift and several $10,000 gifts from Owl Club board members.
04-11-2024 03:45 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.