Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBIT
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
MyBB WBIT
Rowland reporting UT is a #2 seed and will host Cleveland State on Thursday. So, Mickayla Perdue gets to play in Savage again.

Ball State also gets an invite.

1 seeds are Penn St, Villanova, Miami FL and Washington State, so those were the 1st 4 out of the NCAAs
03-17-2024 08:37 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: WBIT
Here's the bracket.

https://www.ncaa.com/_flysystem/public-s...racket.png

UT in the Washington St quarter.
03-17-2024 08:39 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Ball State also got a seed - #4 in the Penn St quarter, and will play Belmont.
03-17-2024 08:41 PM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
I'm glad the men declined CBI and CIT invites. No need to play in those 'pay-to-play' tournaments.
03-17-2024 08:58 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

What the hell kind of slap in the face is this ... apparently Miami FL (originally announced as a #1 seed) is now out of the WBIT ... did they turn down the bid? Not sure.

But.... instead of elevating one of the #2 seeds, they have named JMU a #1 seed. What? JMU is like the 27th highest ranked team in the WBIT. How the heck? .... I will never understand this.

And Toledo being in the WSU quarter means that if they make it to the 3rd round, UT could have to travel to Pullman on a short turnaround, and then would have to come back to Indiana for the final four. Make it make sense.
03-17-2024 09:18 PM
kazoorocket43 Offline
Special Teams

(03-17-2024 09:18 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  What the hell kind of slap in the face is this ... apparently Miami FL (originally announced as a #1 seed) is now out of the WBIT ... did they turn down the bid? Not sure.

But.... instead of elevating one of the #2 seeds, they have named JMU a #1 seed. What? JMU is like the 27th highest ranked team in the WBIT. How the heck? .... I will never understand this.

And Toledo being in the WSU quarter means that if they make it to the 3rd round, UT could have to travel to Pullman on a short turnaround, and then would have to come back to Indiana for the final four. Make it make sense.

Unfortunately everything is our culture, including in sports, is about the money, Having teams play at home compromises the validity of the tournament concept for me. Even the women's NCAA allows the top teams to play the first round at home. What a joke to have the number 1 seed play a 16 seed on their home floor. When I see one of these decisions like the JMU which doesn't make sense I just assume that somehow it has to be about the money.
03-18-2024 08:17 AM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-18-2024 08:17 AM)kazoorocket43 Wrote:  
(03-17-2024 09:18 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  What the hell kind of slap in the face is this ... apparently Miami FL (originally announced as a #1 seed) is now out of the WBIT ... did they turn down the bid? Not sure.

Unfortunately everything is our culture, including in sports, is about the money, Having teams play at home compromises the validity of the tournament concept for me. Even the women's NCAA allows the top teams to play the first round at home. What a joke to have the number 1 seed play a 16 seed on their home floor. When I see one of these decisions like the JMU which doesn't make sense I just assume that somehow it has to be about the money.

It is hard to imagine that it was not intentional to put UT in the WSU region. They could have put UT in the Penn St or Villanova regions, but they chose not to. 2 of the other #2 seeds are also PAC-12 schools - Washington and Cal, so they put them in different regions than WSU ... but they didn't have to. The only criterion for that was for teams from the same conference to not meet before the quarters, and putting a 1 and 2 seed from the same conference in the same region would not violate that rule. They could also have put the other #2 Miss St in the WSU region, but I guess they figure UT is closer ... and of course, they don't want to schedule P6s against one another cause they want them to stay in the tournament.

It's just sad how much disdain the NCAA now has for schools like UT and conferences like the MAC. And UT will probably have the best attendance of any school in the 1st round, and the 2nd too, assuming they make it there.
03-18-2024 09:10 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

BG and Buffalo both get invites to the WNIT. So, that's one way the WBIT benefitted the MAC, as I don't think either would have made the WNIT last year. As it is, of the 48 teams in the WNIT this year, BG and UB are both in the bottom 12 in NET rankings.
03-18-2024 09:26 AM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

(03-18-2024 09:10 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  
(03-18-2024 08:17 AM)kazoorocket43 Wrote:  

It is hard to imagine that it was not intentional to put UT in the WSU region. They could have put UT in the Penn St or Villanova regions, but they chose not to. 2 of the other #2 seeds are also PAC-12 schools - Washington and Cal, so they put them in different regions than WSU ... but they didn't have to. The only criterion for that was for teams from the same conference to not meet before the quarters, and putting a 1 and 2 seed from the same conference in the same region would not violate that rule. They could also have put the other #2 Miss St in the WSU region, but I guess they figure UT is closer ... and of course, they don't want to schedule P6s against one another cause they want them to stay in the tournament.

It's just sad how much disdain the NCAA now has for schools like UT and conferences like the MAC. And UT will probably have the best attendance of any school in the 1st round, and the 2nd too, assuming they make it there.

Does the NCAA control this tournament? Can Toledo just outbid Washington State like it has other schools for home court in the past?
03-18-2024 09:34 AM
falconplucker Offline
1st String

Never mind. I just looked it up and answer my own questions. Lol
03-18-2024 09:37 AM
emanoh Offline
All American

I Root For:
WBIT
Yeah, I had to look up the difference between the WBIT and WNIT. Online it says the WBIT officially takes over as the secondary tournament for teams not making the NCAA's. The WNIT waits until the WBIT has set their line up, putting them third in the pecking order.

The WBIT is new and wholly owned by the NCAA and they keep the revenue. The NCAA does not own the rights to the WNIT.

On the men's side the NCAA owns the NIT.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
03-18-2024 10:55 AM
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(03-18-2024 10:55 AM)emanoh Wrote:  Yeah, I had to look up the difference between the WBIT and WNIT. Online it says the WBIT officially takes over as the secondary tournament for teams not making the NCAA's. The WNIT waits until the WBIT has set their line up, putting them third in the pecking order.

The WBIT is new and wholly owned by the NCAA and they keep the revenue. The NCAA does not own the rights to the WNIT.

On the men's side the NCAA owns the NIT.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Thank you. I didn't even know there was a WBIT.
03-18-2024 11:10 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

CSU game is 7PM Thursday.
03-18-2024 11:29 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

In the WNIT, Buffalo is hosting Monmouth, but BG has to travel to Butler to play the 14-16 Bulldogs.

It sure seems like even the WNIT is now bowing down to the P6s, as 16-15 Minnesota, 14-17 Cinci, 13-16 Wisconsin, 13-18 Purdue and 13-20 Providence all were given 1st round byes in the 48-team tournament. Butler, the only P6 team not to get a bye. So sad.
03-19-2024 07:45 AM
Blackswamp Offline
Water Engineer

(03-19-2024 07:45 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  In the WNIT, Buffalo is hosting Monmouth, but BG has to travel to Butler to play the 14-16 Bulldogs.

It sure seems like even the WNIT is now bowing down to the P6s, as 16-15 Minnesota, 14-17 Cinci, 13-16 Wisconsin, 13-18 Purdue and 13-20 Providence all were given 1st round byes in the 48-team tournament. Butler, the only P6 team not to get a bye. So sad.

Sad indeed. I suppose the WNIT is trying to hang on knowing that one of the intents of the NCAA’s WBIT is to put them out of business. Glad Rocket the women won it when it was still in its old format. Speaking of which, a full replay of that game is on the WNIT home page. Great memories of that day.
03-19-2024 12:13 PM
Blackswamp Offline
Water Engineer

The Blade’s Kyle Rowland is predicting a two-point win by CSU over the Rockets tonight, stating correctly, that if Toledo gets off to another slow start it may be too much to overcome. He also, curiously, characterizes CSU as “the more excited team” where the Rockets are a “dissatisfied” one.

However both teams enter the game with very similar circumstances: both teams went to the NCAA last year with expectations of returning this year. Both teams had fine regular seasons and entered postseason conference tournament play as #1 seeds where both teams stumbled. While the Rockets lost to Bufalo in overtime in the semifinal, the Vikings lost badly to Wisconsin Green Bay in the final, 63-40 where they shot very poorly and were also badly outrebounded 41-32. So as far as mental attitudes go I think it’s a split.
03-21-2024 12:48 PM
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2024 12:48 PM)Blackswamp Wrote:  The Blade’s Kyle Rowland is predicting a two-point win by CSU over the Rockets tonight, stating correctly, that if Toledo gets off to another slow start it may be too much to overcome. He also, curiously, characterizes CSU as “the more excited team” where the Rockets are a “dissatisfied” one.

However both teams enter the game with very similar circumstances: both teams went to the NCAA last year with expectations of returning this year. Both teams had fine regular seasons and entered postseason conference tournament play as #1 seeds where both teams stumbled. While the Rockets lost to Bufalo in overtime in the semifinal, the Vikings lost badly to Wisconsin Green Bay in the final, 63-40 where they shot very poorly and were also badly outrebounded 41-32. So as far as mental attitudes go I think it’s a split.

CSU lost pre-season (and last season's) Horizon PoY Destiny Leo to injury early in the season. That opened up a slot for former Rocket Mickayla Perdue to get more playing time and, fortunately for them, she has made the most of it, making up most of the scoring shortfall, averaging 17 points and shooting 37% from three.

CSU played a very weak OOC schedule (other than a sacrificial game at Iowa) and the Horizon is also pretty weak typically, but with the MAC being so down this year, the the two conferences' rankings are about on par. CSU has only played 2 top-100 teams all year - the aforementioned Iowa and Green Bay, who they played 3 times, winning at home, and losing by double-digit margins away and on a neutral court in the Horizon Tourney. They were beaten by BG in the 1st game of the season, when both teams had their best players, Leo and Fleming.

They are a good team and will be a test. Rockets need to play well - not like they did against Buffalo - to win.

Unfortunately, I have a very late work meeting today, and so may miss part of the game.
03-21-2024 03:27 PM
Lester Offline
Special Teams

(03-21-2024 03:27 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  
(03-21-2024 12:48 PM)Blackswamp Wrote:  The Blade’s Kyle Rowland is predicting a two-point win by CSU over the Rockets tonight, stating correctly, that if Toledo gets off to another slow start it may be too much to overcome. He also, curiously, characterizes CSU as “the more excited team” where the Rockets are a “dissatisfied” one.

CSU lost pre-season (and last season's) Horizon PoY Destiny Leo to injury early in the season. That opened up a slot for former Rocket Mickayla Perdue to get more playing time and, fortunately for them, she has made the most of it, making up most of the scoring shortfall, averaging 17 points and shooting 37% from three.

CSU played a very weak OOC schedule (other than a sacrificial game at Iowa) and the Horizon is also pretty weak typically, but with the MAC being so down this year, the the two conferences' rankings are about on par. CSU has only played 2 top-100 teams all year - the aforementioned Iowa and Green Bay, who they played 3 times, winning at home, and losing by double-digit margins away and on a neutral court in the Horizon Tourney. They were beaten by BG in the 1st game of the season, when both teams had their best players, Leo and Fleming.

They are a good team and will be a test. Rockets need to play well - not like they did against Buffalo - to win.

Unfortunately, I have a very late work meeting today, and so may miss part of the game.

northcoast, for God's sake quit working so hard. Get your priorities straight! I thought you were retiring, anyway.

I want to place a large bet with Kyle Rowland on the outcome of tonight's game.
03-21-2024 04:27 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-21-2024 04:27 PM)Lester Wrote:  
(03-21-2024 03:27 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  

northcoast, for God's sake quit working so hard. Get your priorities straight! I thought you were retiring, anyway.

I want to place a large bet with Kyle Rowland on the outcome of tonight's game.

lol ... well, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Anyway, just checking the live stats, looks like Ball State got thrashed by Belmont by 18. It appears Becki picked up 4 fouls in the 1st half? How does a coach let that happen. Ahh, looks like when she got her 3rd, she also got a T added on. Gonna have to watch the replay of that.
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2024 05:13 PM by northcoastRocket.)
03-21-2024 05:06 PM
NewMex RocketFan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Rockets off to a slow start . . . again.
03-21-2024 06:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.