Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Last home MBB of the season
Bookmark and Share
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NIU
Last home MBB of the season
CMU at 10-6 coming in on a 3 game losing streak.
If Nutter would have made his free throw with 7 seconds left in regulation we could snuck out of Mount Pleasant with a win. We can definitely play with these guys.
I was surprised by the line today given ESPN Matchup Predictor has us at 62.3%!
CMU favored by 3.5 points by Vegas (thought I saw 1.5 points earlier this morning).
Neither team's position will change with an L or W.
03-05-2024 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Last home MBB of the season
Will Nutter, Amos, and Phil play or are they still out?

I'm guessing they won't play since these last two games don't really matter since they can't make the MAC tournament.
03-05-2024 02:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niu16 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: biu
(03-05-2024 02:39 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Will Nutter, Amos, and Phil play or are they still out?

I'm guessing they won't play since these last two games don't really matter since they can't make the MAC tournament.

5 minutes in and we are down 10. 14-4.
03-05-2024 08:12 PM
niu16 Offline
Special Teams

Down 19-8 at the under 12 mark.
03-05-2024 08:21 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Still no Nutter, Amos, and Phil.
03-05-2024 08:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
niu16 Offline
Special Teams

NIU has cut it to 21-19
with 6 and a half to go.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024 08:39 PM by niu16.)
03-05-2024 08:37 PM
Advertisement

niu16 Offline
Special Teams

CMU up 25-24 at the under 4.
03-05-2024 08:45 PM
niu16 Offline
Special Teams

CMU up at half 32-28.
03-05-2024 08:57 PM
niu16 Offline
Special Teams

Final. Chips win 69-63.
03-05-2024 10:11 PM
epasnoopy Offline
Diehard Huskie

Yanic had a monster game. Did they finally figure out how to use him in the post? Coit jacked up a ton of 3s as usual and made 27% of them. He only made four FGs (out of 18 attempts) and only one wasn't a 3. When are they going to tell him to stop shooting so many 3s and to drive and get to the foul line? We aren't winning games with him shooting that many 3s.
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024 10:25 PM by epasnoopy.)
03-05-2024 10:23 PM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

Not much left to say but kind of glad the season is ending. On the glass is half-full side we clinched 11 place finishing ahead of Buffalo no matter win or lose Friday.
Yeah, we are gonna be great next year with, at best, the same team. Maybe an 8th place finish so we can go the MAC Tourny and be one and done!
03-06-2024 11:21 AM
Advertisement

ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

(03-06-2024 11:21 AM)El Duderino Wrote:  Not much left to say but kind of glad the season is ending. On the glass is half-full side we clinched 11 place finishing ahead of Buffalo no matter win or lose Friday.
Yeah, we are gonna be great next year with, at best, the same team. Maybe an 8th place finish so we can go the MAC Tourny and be one and done!
We are going to be great next year, I am very confident of that. If we keep healthy and keep players this team can win the MAC. This team has had incredible fight to them all year despite allot going against them. If they stay they will be champions, book it.
03-06-2024 11:29 AM
huskies77 Offline
Bench Warmer

I prefer to live in Chi Huskies optimistic world. El D’’s negativity world must be draining.
03-06-2024 11:43 AM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

(03-05-2024 10:23 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Yanic had a monster game. Did they finally figure out how to use him in the post? Coit jacked up a ton of 3s as usual and made 27% of them. He only made four FGs (out of 18 attempts) and only one wasn't a 3. When are they going to tell him to stop shooting so many 3s and to drive and get to the foul line? We aren't winning games with him shooting that many 3s.

But hey, on the delusional glass is half full side, Coit does lead the MAC in 3pts made! WELL, of course he does, he takes nearly 50% more shots than the other MAC leaders. Statistically there is most certainly a point where you stop doing what you are doing cause that ain't workin and try something else. That is where good coaches come in.
03-06-2024 11:54 AM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

(03-06-2024 11:43 AM)huskies77 Wrote:  I prefer to live in Chi Huskies optimistic world. El D’’s negativity world must be draining.

I prefer to live in the real world. Having your delusions crushed must be always a real disappointment.
03-06-2024 12:03 PM
El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

(03-06-2024 11:29 AM)ChicagoHuskie Wrote:  
(03-06-2024 11:21 AM)El Duderino Wrote:  Not much left to say but kind of glad the season is ending. On the glass is half-full side we clinched 11 place finishing ahead of Buffalo no matter win or lose Friday.
We are going to be great next year, I am very confident of that. If we keep healthy and keep players this team can win the MAC. This team has had incredible fight to them all year despite allot going against them. If they stay they will be champions, book it.

Seriously, thanks for the laugh.
03-06-2024 12:05 PM
Advertisement

El Duderino Offline
Special Teams

(03-05-2024 10:23 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Yanic had a monster game. Did they finally figure out how to use him in the post? Coit jacked up a ton of 3s as usual and made 27% of them. He only made four FGs (out of 18 attempts) and only one wasn't a 3. When are they going to tell him to stop shooting so many 3s and to drive and get to the foul line? We aren't winning games with him shooting that many 3s.

Yeah, Yanic had his best game? Looked like they were double teaming Coit which opened up the paint. If only Yanic could have made some free throws in the last 5 minutes!
03-06-2024 12:09 PM
Big Red Offline
All American

Honestly, I'm ready for the end of the season for many reasons but one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the opening up of the portal to our players so we can end all this speculation. If a guy is going....go. I'm tired of arguing and discussion who may or may not be here. Frankly, I don't care if any of them go. I just want to move forward and know who's on the team next year.

Realistically, I don't see any of our guys garnering much in the way of recruiting interest from other teams based on either injury or team performance but might see guys test it out anyway, not necessarily to move up a level but to just move somewhere else. A new environment or fresh start.

I used to think (hope?) Russell was a goner but now that he got so much playing time...I probably see him sticking around. I thought he'd transfer down to get playing time but he got it in spades this year in the 2nd half of the season so he's probably okay with things now.

As for our "stars" (ie, Coit, Nutter, Amos, YKN, Williams), I could see a scenario where they all stay or they all leave. And I really don't care. Obviously if they all leave, it probably is the beginning of the end for Burno and...I'm also quite fine with that.

Stay or go. I don't care. Just make up your mind in a relatively timely fashion please.
03-06-2024 01:53 PM
ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

(03-06-2024 01:53 PM)Big Red Wrote:  Honestly, I'm ready for the end of the season for many reasons but one of the things I'm most looking forward to is the opening up of the portal to our players so we can end all this speculation. If a guy is going....go. I'm tired of arguing and discussion who may or may not be here. Frankly, I don't care if any of them go. I just want to move forward and know who's on the team next year.

Realistically, I don't see any of our guys garnering much in the way of recruiting interest from other teams based on either injury or team performance but might see guys test it out anyway, not necessarily to move up a level but to just move somewhere else. A new environment or fresh start.

I used to think (hope?) Russell was a goner but now that he got so much playing time...I probably see him sticking around. I thought he'd transfer down to get playing time but he got it in spades this year in the 2nd half of the season so he's probably okay with things now.

As for our "stars" (ie, Coit, Nutter, Amos, YKN, Williams), I could see a scenario where they all stay or they all leave. And I really don't care. Obviously if they all leave, it probably is the beginning of the end for Burno and...I'm also quite fine with that.

Stay or go. I don't care. Just make up your mind in a relatively timely fashion please.
Big Red- I agree let's get it figured out in short order and move on, but I believe the core players are difference makers and hope they stay, sounds like you do not agree?
03-06-2024 01:59 PM
ChicagoHuskie Offline
1st String

(03-06-2024 12:05 PM)El Duderino Wrote:  
(03-06-2024 11:29 AM)ChicagoHuskie Wrote:  

Seriously, thanks for the laugh.
That is the beauty of sport, we will see & will have to check in on each a year from now. As I have said my optimism is built around keeping the core and staying relatively healthy, bit big ifs with our program history
03-06-2024 02:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.