Open TigerLinks

University of Memphis Memorial Stadium Upgrades & Renovations
Bookmark and Share
slktigers Offline
Alumni and Vintage Tiger Fan

I Root For: Memphis
a.k.a Liberty Bowl Memorial, Simmons Bank Liberty

Does anyone have details around the timeline and how that will impact seating for next year? Have heard that construction will start on the Home side and that seating for next year will only be available on the Away side.

Did not see a timeline in The President's Perspective Vo. 38.

From the CA, the next steps will be to start fundraising for the $50M match, finalize plans and get new quotes. Is there any update?

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/s...999115007/
02-08-2024 03:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Keeper Offline
All American

RE: University of Memphis Memorial Stadium Upgrades & Renovations
I would be nice for the university to keep the fans informed about the progress with Liberty Stadium. With the indifferent basketball season the fans need to have something to continue their interest in the sports program. The tennis facility has been lauded as one of the best in the nation and yet the UofM has failed to publicize it. I know local media is lazy and only interested in blood and fire to help sell their add space so a publicist needs to keep giving info and exciting to our lazy, inexperienced, and untalented media corps.
02-08-2024 04:14 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
The tennis facility is phenominal.
02-08-2024 05:15 PM
Tiger46 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
I think there was a link posted here a day or two ago with an interview w AD Laird discussing what's going on with the stadium right now. A lot of design work and fundraising.
02-08-2024 05:16 PM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-08-2024 04:14 PM)Keeper Wrote:  I would be nice for the university to keep the fans informed about the progress with Liberty Stadium. With the indifferent basketball season the fans need to have something to continue their interest in the sports program. The tennis facility has been lauded as one of the best in the nation and yet the UofM has failed to publicize it. I know local media is lazy and only interested in blood and fire to help sell their add space so a publicist needs to keep giving info and exciting to our lazy, inexperienced, and untalented media corps.

They just did share an SBLB update. They explained the delays will carry over likely into the 2025 season. They had had a lot of issues to deal with due to how the funds are coming in. They know what they want to do but they’re having to recalibrate what happens in what order. They general cost estimates now everything is being priced to contracts.

I’ve see a lot of press on the tennis facility. It’s been in the CA, The Daily Memphian and the MBJ. I get regular scheduling info in the upcoming matches.

I don’t think I’m being handpicked to be informed but maybe I do look for ways to be informed. Go to the website and sign up for alerts. Read what’s out there. Stuff is posted on instagram and X and Facebook.

Be patient. They only received the approvals about 6 weeks ago.
02-08-2024 07:34 PM
Advertisement

slktigers Offline

(02-08-2024 07:34 PM)Tigerx3 Wrote:  
(02-08-2024 04:14 PM)Keeper Wrote:  I would be nice for the university to keep the fans informed about the progress with Liberty Stadium. With the indifferent basketball season the fans need to have something to continue their interest in the sports program. The tennis facility has been lauded as one of the best in the nation and yet the UofM has failed to publicize it. I know local media is lazy and only interested in blood and fire to help sell their add space so a publicist needs to keep giving info and exciting to our lazy, inexperienced, and untalented media corps.

They just did share an SBLB update. They explained the delays will carry over likely into the 2025 season. They had had a lot of issues to deal with due to how the funds are coming in. They know what they want to do but they’re having to recalibrate what happens in what order. They general cost estimates now everything is being priced to contracts.

I’ve see a lot of press on the tennis facility. It’s been in the CA, The Daily Memphian and the MBJ. I get regular scheduling info in the upcoming matches.

I don’t think I’m being handpicked to be informed but maybe I do look for ways to be informed. Go to the website and sign up for alerts. Read what’s out there. Stuff is posted on instagram and X and Facebook.

Sad for me, but I do look here for information. Good sources are hard to come by.
Thanks for the update.
02-08-2024 08:20 PM
aardWolf Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
It took the city six months into the fiscal year to hand over the money the state sent.
02-08-2024 08:23 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

That tennis center is amazing.
02-09-2024 06:41 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(02-08-2024 05:15 PM)fsquid Wrote:  The tennis facility is phenominal.

Yeah it is, talk about state of the art. I'll say this, they went with some weird color schemes in spots but if that's all there is to whine about then it aint much.
02-09-2024 06:42 AM
Advertisement

Keeper Offline
All American

Thank you i appreciate the gracious manner in which you posted so much information that escaped me. I will attempt to follow your advice, but I have to admit i am handicapped by my tech ignorance. Social media is still a mystery to me. I do read most of what is in the DM. I subscribe to the CA on line but am so put off by the tardiness of their reports and the amateurish writing that most days i don't even open it. What I am really saying here is that the reason I can't keep up is my fault. I won't have to suffer too long. Time is catching up to me and I have already out lived both my parents by 15 years. I am 76 their deaths came in their 60's.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2024 10:29 PM by Keeper.)
02-09-2024 10:26 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

Think I saw in the CA this week that the renovation timeline has moved out (understandably) to now affect the 2024 & 2025 seasons. I'm afraid this may affect season ticket sales now in two seasons since many ticket holders will be displaced from there current lower level chairback seats on the west side. Maybe some incentives will be offered to compensate.

No word in the article on how raising the matching $50M is going.
02-10-2024 07:53 AM
tigerfan39 Offline
Special Teams

I received a call from the Athletic Office yesterday inquiring about my 2023-2024 FB experience. The guy also mentioned that ticket renewals are coming due in the next few weeks and he'd call back. No mention of us moving to the east side for this coming season. Not to say that won't happen, but they're not advising us of that at this point.
02-10-2024 09:15 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-09-2024 10:26 PM)Keeper Wrote:  

Thank you i appreciate the gracious manner in which you posted so much information that escaped me. I will attempt to follow your advice, but I have to admit i am handicapped by my tech ignorance. Social media is still a mystery to me. I do read most of what is in the DM. I subscribe to the CA on line but am so put off by the tardiness of their reports and the amateurish writing that most days i don't even open it. What I am really saying here is that the reason I can't keep up is my fault. I won't have to suffer too long. Time is catching up to me and I have already out lived both my parents by 15 years. I am 76 their deaths came in their 60's.

I get the tech thing. My wife can text and does read the CA online but anything else is my husbandly duty. But that’s where the world has gone on the info sharing.
02-10-2024 09:21 AM
Advertisement

Eagleonpar Online
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
Are we there yet ? What’s the over under on threads we get until it’s completed? 20?
02-10-2024 12:24 PM
slktigers Offline

(02-10-2024 12:24 PM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  Are we there yet ? What’s the over under on threads we get until it’s completed? 20?

What an assinine post.
02-10-2024 03:39 PM
AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2024 03:39 PM)slktigers Wrote:  
(02-10-2024 12:24 PM)Eagleonpar Wrote:  Are we there yet ? What’s the over under on threads we get until it’s completed? 20?

What an assinine post.

What you see is what you get there from that one.
02-11-2024 05:29 PM
danny1 Offline
All American

(02-11-2024 05:29 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  
(02-10-2024 03:39 PM)slktigers Wrote:  

What an assinine post.

What you see is what you get there from that one.

You both are correct!
02-11-2024 05:41 PM
Advertisement

Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2024 09:15 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  I received a call from the Athletic Office yesterday inquiring about my 2023-2024 FB experience. The guy also mentioned that ticket renewals are coming due in the next few weeks and he'd call back. No mention of us moving to the east side for this coming season. Not to say that won't happen, but they're not advising us of that at this point.

From what I've heard, that won't happen until 2025.
02-11-2024 11:25 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

(02-11-2024 11:25 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(02-10-2024 09:15 AM)tigerfan39 Wrote:  I received a call from the Athletic Office yesterday inquiring about my 2023-2024 FB experience. The guy also mentioned that ticket renewals are coming due in the next few weeks and he'd call back. No mention of us moving to the east side for this coming season. Not to say that won't happen, but they're not advising us of that at this point.

From what I've heard, that won't happen until 2025.

That just might be less because of timing than hoping the city responds to the high quality of football expected for next season. Of course that might only mean 10K more for the games. Still I don't believe that will happen. We will probably spend next year and part of the next on the east side.
02-12-2024 08:48 PM
Eagleonpar Online
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
Are we there yet ?
02-13-2024 08:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.