Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Well, looks like what we’ve been expecting may happen sooner rather than later
Bookmark and Share
RandyW_Class83 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Well, looks like what we’ve been expecting may happen sooner rather than later
SEC, Big Ten 'advisory group' stands as coded threat to NCAA: Figure it out, or we'll go off ourselves

There is an article I found on CBS Sportline from Dennis Dodd that discusses SEC and Big 10 breaking away from NCAA. I just can’t figure out how to copy any link since I’m accessing the web on my cell phone.
Interesting article though.
02-03-2024 09:35 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
RE: Well, looks like what we’ve been expecting may happen sooner rather than later
02-03-2024 10:22 AM
oldmangrizz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: free love
RE: Well, looks like what we’ve been expecting may happen sooner rather than later
It reads like there will be a minor league of the NFL. What could actually happen is that all of the remaining college football teams could have the most watchable brand of football available, something that the average fan could embrace and be part of something that has meaning to them.
02-03-2024 10:30 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(02-03-2024 09:35 AM)RandyW_Class83 Wrote:  SEC, Big Ten 'advisory group' stands as coded threat to NCAA: Figure it out, or we'll go off ourselves

There is an article I found on CBS Sportline from Dennis Dodd that discusses SEC and Big 10 breaking away from NCAA. I just can’t figure out how to copy any link since I’m accessing the web on my cell phone.
Interesting article though.

With those two openly conversing and advising on how college football should operate, anti trust litigation gets more and more likely.

Especially if they even hint at discussing which schools gets admitted to the P2.
02-03-2024 07:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers
(02-03-2024 10:30 AM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  It reads like there will be a minor league of the NFL. What could actually happen is that all of the remaining college football teams could have the most watchable brand of football available, something that the average fan could embrace and be part of something that has meaning to them.

Personally, I think that would be great for college sports. Let 40 or so football programs break away and do their own thing. Leave the rest of the schools to actually operate as college athletics once again...
02-05-2024 11:44 AM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers
(02-05-2024 11:44 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(02-03-2024 10:30 AM)oldmangrizz Wrote:  It reads like there will be a minor league of the NFL. What could actually happen is that all of the remaining college football teams could have the most watchable brand of football available, something that the average fan could embrace and be part of something that has meaning to them.

Personally, I think that would be great for college sports. Let 40 or so football programs break away and do their own thing. Leave the rest of the schools to actually operate as college athletics once again...

Yep, go back to regional conferences and actually some common sense. Probably wouldn't affect the never-beens like us but oh man how butthurt would the welfare queens of college football (Old Piss, Moo St, Rutgers, Purdue, IA St, TXTU, etc...) be when they all of a sudden lose their meal ticket.
02-05-2024 02:25 PM
Advertisement

southpaw1 Offline
Southpaw

I Root For: Dry Trails
(02-05-2024 02:25 PM)true_blue_thru_and_thru Wrote:  

Yep, go back to regional conferences and actually some common sense. Probably wouldn't affect the never-beens like us but oh man how butthurt would the welfare queens of college football (Old Piss, Moo St, Rutgers, Purdue, IA St, TXTU, etc...) be when they all of a sudden lose their meal ticket.

No sec or big 10 school is gonna get left behind.
02-05-2024 02:59 PM
Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(02-05-2024 02:59 PM)southpaw1 Wrote:  

You're thinking traditionally. This would be something totally different - without the bindings of what happened 120 years ago.
02-05-2024 05:20 PM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

(02-05-2024 05:20 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

You're thinking traditionally. This would be something totally different - without the bindings of what happened 120 years ago.

Ya, I tend to agree with you on this. I think they are looking at the top 35-50 programs and there is very likely to be some teams left behind. Teams like Vandy, Northwestern, multiple mediocre programs in the same state (Ole Miss and Miss. State), etc. should be highly concerned about where this is heading.

For us, it is just par for the course but and hopefully brings college athletics back down to earth and more regional based conferences and rivalries.
02-05-2024 05:40 PM
true_blue_thru_and_thru Offline
All American

I Root For: The Tigers

Like someone else said this is a brand new paradigm. If I’m Alabama why would I dilute my share with Vandy, Old Piss, SC, etc.? Those schools don’t bring the value of an Ohio St, Michigan, UGA, etc. If you get the best of the SEC & B10 then you don’t need those schools and your payout is that much higher because as a TV product you don’t have to air Mizzou v. Vandy. In theory every game is a top 25 game.
02-06-2024 06:06 AM
former guest Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(02-06-2024 06:06 AM)true_blue_thru_and_thru Wrote:  

Like someone else said this is a brand new paradigm. If I’m Alabama why would I dilute my share with Vandy, Old Piss, SC, etc.? Those schools don’t bring the value of an Ohio St, Michigan, UGA, etc. If you get the best of the SEC & B10 then you don’t need those schools and your payout is that much higher because as a TV product you don’t have to air Mizzou v. Vandy. In theory every game is a top 25 game.

Exactly. If they are going to throw traditional and regional conventions away (USC/UCLA etc. to the B1G 10 for starters…), then they have no qualms about kicking the “little brothers” of their conferences to the curb.
02-06-2024 05:34 PM
Advertisement

memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Lawyers gonna make BIG ???????
02-06-2024 06:18 PM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

(02-06-2024 06:18 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Lawyers gonna make BIG ???????

The good ones always do...
02-07-2024 08:39 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(02-07-2024 08:39 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

Good at their trade or good in their character?
02-07-2024 10:56 AM
SeñorTiger Offline
Heisman

(02-07-2024 10:56 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  

Good character lawyer is an oxymoron, no? 03-lmfao

Good at their trade...
02-08-2024 10:46 AM
mapdude Offline
Enthusiastically Ambivalant

I Root For: U of Memphis

DonatorsDonators
(02-08-2024 10:46 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

Good at their trade...

What do you have if you have 3 lawyers up to their necks in sand?

Not enough sand....
02-10-2024 02:17 PM
Advertisement

dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

Sounds good to me!
02-11-2024 09:50 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-10-2024 02:17 PM)mapdude Wrote:  
(02-08-2024 10:46 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

Good at their trade...

What do you have if you have 3 lawyers up to their necks in sand?

Not enough sand....

Old but always appropriate
02-12-2024 04:53 AM
Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-11-2024 09:50 AM)dan o Wrote:  

Sounds good to me!

May also have regional playing partners for the new bigs. Buy games. No return games.
TV money will mostly flow to the new bigs so what we get in the AAC maybe considered I the top tier…if it is maintain at the same level.
02-12-2024 05:00 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
So basically the same teams that were dominant in 1974 will still be dominant ?
02-13-2024 10:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.