Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Cincinnati vs #12 Brigham Young Game Thread
Bookmark and Share
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
MyBB Cincinnati vs #12 Brigham Young Game Thread
Sorry gents. I know this is early for posting this but I don't want a certain poster to co-op our beloved Bearcats for faux purposes. Anywho...

This is a daunting road game to begin conference play. Tough environment as we'll see in conference play and BYU is good. Damn good. #12 AP. 2 NET. Dayum. At least the game is on ESPN2. 10 PM Saturday. Be there!
04-cheers

01-03-2024 11:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tim Biddle Away
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati baby!
RE: Cincinnati vs #12 Brigham Young Game Thread
It's going to be a good game. This will be their first conference game, and conference games mean more. This could be the start of a good rivalry. The more teams play the better the chance of being rivals. The Bearcats need to concentrate and be at their best.

01-03-2024 11:27 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
In before the meltdown that will occur a little after midnight.

This has the recipe of a disaster for us: traveling two time zones to play at 10pm against a school with a bunch of lanky guys who can drain the three. I can’t remember the last time this worked out well for us.

01-06-2024 08:07 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(01-06-2024 08:07 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  In before the meltdown that will occur a little after midnight.

This has the recipe of a disaster for us: traveling two time zones to play at 10pm against a school with a bunch of lanky guys who can drain the three. I can’t remember the last time this worked out well for us.

I feel like this is a can't lose game. All upside and no downside. Byu is top 5 in basically every good metric. Losing on the road to them won't hurt at all, but winning would be enormous.

The 3 home games in the next 6 are kind of the opposite. They need to get at least 2 of them... but tonight feels like a house money game to me

01-06-2024 09:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
I'm almost more interested in how we look away from The Shoe this time than the outcome.

01-06-2024 10:36 AM
RuckleSt Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
(01-06-2024 08:07 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  In before the meltdown that will occur a little after midnight.

Vegas has UC as a 9.5 point underdog, so they agree with you.

01-06-2024 10:39 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

(01-06-2024 10:39 AM)RuckleSt Wrote:  

Opened at 10.5 (kenpom has byu by 11). So some money has come in on uc

01-06-2024 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(01-06-2024 09:07 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

I feel like this is a can't lose game. All upside and no downside. Byu is top 5 in basically every good metric. Losing on the road to them won't hurt at all, but winning would be enormous.

The 3 home games in the next 6 are kind of the opposite. They need to get at least 2 of them... but tonight feels like a house money game to me

I agree Mark. I said in another thread if we could go 2-3 at minimum in this five game opening stretch including taking 2 of 3 at home, I'd feel pretty good. That said, I just don't want to get blown out tonight. Keep it competitive and we hang around late in the game...we shall see.

01-06-2024 10:53 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(01-06-2024 10:45 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Smooth Billy's $$ is going goose that up to 11.

01-06-2024 10:57 AM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I'm also curious to see how the lineups/player minutes may change now that we enter league play. Also, will Wes play more Thomas/James together? I'd like to see us drive the lane more for easier buckets/dish it off/get to the foul line early in the game.

01-06-2024 11:02 AM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-06-2024 10:36 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I'm almost more interested in how we look away from The Shoe this time than the outcome.

Agreed. I am very intrigued by this game, more so than all the other games combined so far this season.

01-06-2024 11:26 AM
Advertisement

OKIcat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Given the results away from home at X and downtown with Dayton, I hope for the best but expect a 20 point beatdown at the hands of a very good BYU team. Neither of those prior opponents compare favorably with the Cougars.

This should be a great measuring stick for playing the best in the Big 12 and it appears the Cougars will be among that elite top tier. It wasn't that long ago that we couldn't have imagined a game with BYU would be anything less than another UC victory.

Regardless of the outcome, I'm looking for signs of encouragement that this Bearcat team is progressing as they move into conference play.

01-06-2024 11:43 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
BYU split with Arizona State and Utah...I watched those two teams play this week and they are both just solidly ok (Gabe Madsen has added about 25 lbs to his frame BTW). I'm not sure yet if BYU is end of season Top 20 good or not. Stats look great and that is apparently a great home environment but they really haven't played a bunch of great competition yet either.

I'm more interested in this game than anything we've had on the schedule yet. Will be a great litmus test. Frankly, I'm not sure anyone has any real idea what we have on this team yet.

01-06-2024 12:00 PM
bearcatmark Online

(01-06-2024 12:00 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  BYU split with Arizona State and Utah...I watched those two teams play this week and they are both just solidly ok (Gabe Madsen has added about 25 lbs to his frame BTW). I'm not sure yet if BYU is end of season Top 20 good or not. Stats look great and that is apparently a great home environment but they really haven't played a bunch of great competition yet either.

I'm more interested in this game than anything we've had on the schedule yet. Will be a great litmus test. Frankly, I'm not sure anyone has any real idea what we have on this team yet.
They dump trucked Arizona State. They also have convincing wins over san Diego state and NC state.

Their one loss was a close road loss to Utah (top 30 kenpom).

I think they're probably a top 10-15 team... probably not top 5 where basically every metric has them. (I've seen them as high as 1)

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2024 01:03 PM by bearcatmark.)
01-06-2024 01:03 PM
Lush Offline
go to hell and get a job

I Root For: the user
let's castrate em

01-06-2024 01:06 PM
BcatMatt13 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats
I’m expecting a rather convincing win for BYU. Just don’t see how the defense we’ve seen from UC away from home stops the BYU team from lighting up the scoreboard.

Texas game on Tuesday is the biggest game of the year. Assuming they lose tonight and at Baylor next Saturday it’s incredibly important to win that Texas game at home. 0-3 could turn to 1-5 or 0-6 really quickly.

Texas has a very similar resume to UC right now. Good record but not really any quality wins.

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2024 01:34 PM by BcatMatt13.)
01-06-2024 01:33 PM
Advertisement

Tim Biddle Away
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati baby!
What will make the game tough for the Bearcats is that it will be played in the other team's gymnasium, which means the fans and spectators will be cheering for BYU. That can be demoralizing to a player's confidence and mental well-being. Miller has to get his players to overcome that, and help them deal with it. He needs to build their confidence and they need to be mentally tough.

01-06-2024 02:59 PM
rtaylor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Bearcats
(01-06-2024 02:59 PM)Tim Biddle Wrote:  What will make the game tough for the Bearcats is that it will be played in the other team's gymnasium, which means the fans and spectators will be cheering for BYU. That can be demoralizing to a player's confidence and mental well-being. Miller has to get his players to overcome that, and help them deal with it. He needs to build their confidence and they need to be mentally tough.

Time to shut up now. Waiting………..

01-06-2024 04:58 PM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
Donators
(01-06-2024 10:57 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  
(01-06-2024 10:45 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Smooth Billy's $$ is going goose that up to 11.

[Image: Nem4RRi6_400x400.jpg]

01-06-2024 07:43 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(01-06-2024 04:58 PM)rtaylor Wrote:  
(01-06-2024 02:59 PM)Tim Biddle Wrote:  What will make the game tough for the Bearcats is that it will be played in the other team's gymnasium, which means the fans and spectators will be cheering for BYU. That can be demoralizing to a player's confidence and mental well-being. Miller has to get his players to overcome that, and help them deal with it. He needs to build their confidence and they need to be mentally tough.

Time to shut up now. Waiting………..

He is somewhat amusing, but mods should limit him to one post per thread.

01-06-2024 07:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.