Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

FSU Gets Blown Out In Orange Bowl
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
Couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch of preening ******* fans.
12-30-2023 06:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
RE: FSU Gets Blown Out In Orange Bowl
(12-30-2023 06:29 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  Couldn’t happen to a more deserving bunch of preening ******* fans.

We already knew this going into the game. Could not happen to a more deserving network.
12-30-2023 06:36 PM
ken d Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
I wish both teams had been at full strength for this game. That way, when the Noles got blown out by 3 TDs or more the people who thought they should have been in the CFP might have shut up.
12-30-2023 07:00 PM
CardFan1 Offline
Red Thunderbird

I Root For: Louisville ACC
Question for the FSU faithful. We know both schools had a lot of players opt out of this game, but, are You fans ready to go into this brutal hellhole known by most as the SEC. Down 60 to the 2nd place school . Now We all know it wouldn’t be this way every year but the ACC will always be an easier route instead of facing Alabama,Georgia,Texas,LSU, Oklahoma, annually .
BTW My Wife and I were with a group of FSU fans up in Louisville for Christmas and We all had on FSU colors or gear at a sports bar and thought They had a chance to be close. As ACC fans the rest of Us know We all have a lot to work on next year
(This post was last modified: 12-30-2023 07:22 PM by CardFan1.)
12-30-2023 07:20 PM
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
My preference was always to fix the ACC and still is until FSU is playing in another conference. It could be that years down the road FSU regrets their decision to switch conferences and at that time they can change conferences again.

When you have a bunch of mercenaries like FSU has on their team, there is no school pride, no motivation to play if you don't have to. For this maybe Dabo has it right, I'd prefer FSU recruited and developed its own players. There was a certain lethargy in the fanbase after the snub, no doubt it also rubbed off on the players. Despite all the transfers and optouts, the right thing was to play the game out of respect to the OB committee and it's sponsors, no matter the result.
12-30-2023 07:47 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
It's the ACC's fault that FSU lost.
12-30-2023 07:59 PM
Advertisement

cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
(12-30-2023 07:59 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  It's the ACC's fault that FSU lost.

Wow!, had no idea the score was so bad, 63-3. That is awful. I said in another thread that the transfer portal has impacted college bowl season in a very negative way. Syracuse had about 17 players that either went to the portal or elected not to play because they didnt want to hurt their draft status by getting hurt. Even SU's OC didnt coach in the game because he accepted a new job at New Mexico because he wasnt retained by the new coaching staff. SU got blanked. At least FSU got a field goal, although Im sure thats very little comfort to FSU fans.
12-30-2023 08:12 PM
Gamenole Offline
All American

I Root For: S Carolina & Fla State
(12-30-2023 07:20 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Question for the FSU faithful. We know both schools had a lot of players opt out of this game, but, are You fans ready to go into this brutal hellhole known by most as the SEC. Down 60 to the 2nd place school . Now We all know it wouldn’t be this way every year but the ACC will always be an easier route instead of facing Alabama,Georgia,Texas,LSU, Oklahoma, annually .

Absolutely we're ready. The sooner we get SEC resources and are regularly competing against likeminded regional universities as our conference mates, the sooner we move beyond uncompetitive blowouts like today. I'm glad for the revenue gap as it has finally defeated that old argument about the ACC being a plus due to the easier path to championships....tens of millions of dollars per year have forced the administration to seek a place among the nations best in order to get the $ to compete at that level. Running roughshod over a weak ACC would only lead to more games like today when we meet P2 teams in the playoff, not less.
12-30-2023 08:20 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
(12-30-2023 08:20 PM)Gamenole Wrote:  
(12-30-2023 07:20 PM)CardFan1 Wrote:  Question for the FSU faithful. We know both schools had a lot of players opt out of this game, but, are You fans ready to go into this brutal hellhole known by most as the SEC. Down 60 to the 2nd place school . Now We all know it wouldn’t be this way every year but the ACC will always be an easier route instead of facing Alabama,Georgia,Texas,LSU, Oklahoma, annually .

Absolutely we're ready. The sooner we get SEC resources and are regularly competing against likeminded regional universities as our conference mates, the sooner we move beyond uncompetitive blowouts like today. I'm glad for the revenue gap as it has finally defeated that old argument about the ACC being a plus due to the easier path to championships....tens of millions of dollars per year have forced the administration to seek a place among the nations best in order to get the $ to compete at that level. Running roughshod over a weak ACC would only lead to more games like today when we meet P2 teams in the playoff, not less.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
12-30-2023 08:34 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
The worst loss in bowl history which goes back about 100 years. The worst.

And the “what could we do with all the transfers?” defense? Pathetic. Duke had about nine in the transfer portal. Almost all of them played for Duke in the bowl game, even those who had already signed with other schools. Not FSU. That says something about the team dynamics of the two teams. Of course, Duke won even having to play a third string QB. FSU suffered a humiliating defeat. Mercenaries only get you so far.

BTW, good luck with the men’s BB season, FSU. Nobody is going to pull any punches even though everyone respects your coach. Look forward to a lot of blowouts. Your team sucks.
12-30-2023 08:49 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
FSU got the Geoff Collins Experience™

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using CSNbbs mobile app
12-30-2023 08:56 PM
Advertisement

esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(12-30-2023 08:34 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

Right, the resources argument hurt Clemson. Another program with similar facilities. It's a joke.

BTW, FSU will 100% opt for the Big Ten. I knew it watching the "trustees" meeting. Old habits die hard.
12-30-2023 09:40 PM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
Can't wait for the FSU fanbois realization it ain't easy to get to most B1G schools. Throw in playing outdoors in colder temps than Syracuse gets. Enjoy those trips.
12-30-2023 10:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Exclamation RE: FSU Gets Blown Out In Orange Bowl

Absolutely we're ready. The sooner we get SEC resources [like the Gamecocks?] and are regularly competing against likeminded regional universities as our conference mates, the sooner we move beyond uncompetitive blowouts like today [and more like what the Bulldogs did to Kentucky and Old Miss]...

YEP.
12-30-2023 11:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-30-2023 10:26 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Can't wait for the FSU fanbois realization it ain't easy to get to most B1G schools. Throw in playing outdoors in colder temps than Syracuse gets. Enjoy those trips.

What I'm a bit puzzled over is baseball and softball. FSU loves those sports. They both suffer in the Big 10. I'm not convinced they go there. Nobody can guarantee them AAU status. It doesn't work that way. And nobody can guarantee the Big 10 presidents will vote for them either. The commissioner and AD's may like to have them but have no vote. Their position is far more complicated than they seem to realize. The SEC won't touch them unless the ACC tells them bye! Then they'll have to seek the favor of ESPN to facilitate the move. In other words, they will be depending upon the grace of three parties they've savaged at one time or another. Climbing out on a limb with a saw comes to mind. Even if the Big 10 says yes, scheduling games within the ESPN family may well become an icy project. It will be as if 1977 and 78 have returned and Bobby Bowden is playing everywhere but close to home, only they'll do it without Bobby or his grace.
12-30-2023 11:59 PM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(12-30-2023 11:59 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(12-30-2023 10:26 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  Can't wait for the FSU fanbois realization it ain't easy to get to most B1G schools. Throw in playing outdoors in colder temps than Syracuse gets. Enjoy those trips.

What I'm a bit puzzled over is baseball and softball. FSU loves those sports. They both suffer in the Big 10. I'm not convinced they go there. Nobody can guarantee them AAU status. It doesn't work that way. And nobody can guarantee the Big 10 presidents will vote for them either. The commissioner and AD's may like to have them but have no vote. Their position is far more complicated than they seem to realize. The SEC won't touch them unless the ACC tells them bye! Then they'll have to seek the favor of ESPN to facilitate the move. In other words, they will be depending upon the grace of three parties they've savaged at one time or another. Climbing out on a limb with a saw comes to mind. Even if the Big 10 says yes, scheduling games within the ESPN family may well become an icy project. It will be as if 1977 and 78 have returned and Bobby Bowden is playing everywhere but close to home, only they'll do it without Bobby or his grace.

Maybe not anymore, but I'm sure there was some pent up animosity towards the SEC back in 1990. They want to be in the company of academic elites; this was cited as a reason to choose the ACC in '90. Bowden also wanted to avoid the meat grinder that is the SEC. How much has changed? Did watching the trustees meetings give you the vibe they want to be in the SEC or Big Ten?

100% Big Ten from where I am sitting. They want to be the only FLA school, and they want to be special. But they want to make more money, of course.

FSU is an Independent at heart. They think like an Independent, and they will make their next decision based on this line of thinking.
12-31-2023 12:11 AM
Advertisement

Ragu Offline
All American

I Root For: FAU/FSU
Can't wait for Syracuse to not make the P2 and finally have to admit that FSU was one of their meal tickets. That's why you are so bitter

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
12-31-2023 12:15 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

(12-30-2023 08:49 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  The worst loss in bowl history which goes back about 100 years. The worst.

And the “what could we do with all the transfers?” defense? Pathetic. Duke had about nine in the transfer portal. Almost all of them played for Duke in the bowl game, even those who had already signed with other schools. Not FSU. That says something about the team dynamics of the two teams. Of course, Duke won even having to play a third string QB. FSU suffered a humiliating defeat. Mercenaries only get you so far.

BTW, good luck with the men’s BB season, FSU. Nobody is going to pull any punches even though everyone respects your coach. Look forward to a lot of blowouts. Your team sucks.
It says that the committee and ESPN told them the first 13 games didn't matter so why should they risk injury to play in a meaningless bowl game ?

We all knew this was coming and I don't blame the kids. If I was told 13 wins don't matter largely because of programs like yours which suck and get no respect....I wouldn't risk injury for a crap bowl game that's meaningless either. Not worth it if playing hurt or going to the NFL draft

I know youre bitter because Duke has been leaching off FSU for decades , but you can't get mad at FSU wanting out. They are just way more valuable than programs like yours and others in the acc. The numbers show it on what Fsu brings.

Programs like yours said FSU was all bark and no bite back in August. Now you're seeing it's going to happen so you are lashing out

You guys can enjoy the acc after it's pillaged or maybe merge with the big 12.

(This post was last modified: 12-31-2023 12:21 AM by Ragu.)
12-31-2023 12:20 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(12-31-2023 12:11 AM)esayem Wrote:  

Maybe not anymore, but I'm sure there was some pent up animosity towards the SEC back in 1990. They want to be in the company of academic elites; this was cited as a reason to choose the ACC in '90. Bowden also wanted to avoid the meat grinder that is the SEC. How much has changed? Did watching the trustees meetings give you the vibe they want to be in the SEC or Big Ten?

100% Big Ten from where I am sitting. They want to be the only FLA school, and they want to be special. But they want to make more money, of course.

FSU is an Independent at heart. They think like an Independent, and they will make their next decision based on this line of thinking.

Cooler and wiser heads will prevail and demur and they will opt for playing where their fans can easily follow. And your view of 1990-2 is a bit revised. ESPN held the total of the SEC offer because at the time ESPN had not yet purchased the ACC rights, though they were thinking about it, and the SEC used them for the valuation. That is how the ACC knew to be there a day early with 2 million more to offer. ESPN realized they couldn't afford the SEC rights if they held both Florida Schools. Bowden wanted the SEC but covered for his president and the trustees decision with his remarks.

Texas and Oklahoma decided on the SEC for the same reasons. ESPN will make it happen because neither the SEC nor ESPN want the Big 10 in Florida, and neither should the ACC. This is why scorched earth awaits the Noles if they choose spite instead of inclusion.
12-31-2023 12:23 AM
Ragu Offline
All American

FSU won't be the only SE team in the B1G and the PAC teams coming in help also with the 2 sports mentioned

This is only the first step anyways. The sec and B1G are the power 2. It's imperative to get in one of them if you have aspirations to compete.

I can see a more NFL like model down the road between the two conferences too. I know the bottom feeders of the P2 are scared of that happening down the road.

12-31-2023 12:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.