Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Extremely sensitive Russian intelligence disappeared under Trump
Marc Mensa Online
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
Extremely sensitive Russian intelligence disappeared under Trump
https://cnn.it/3NxY3td?cid=ios_app

Washington (CNN) — A binder containing highly classified information related to Russian election interference went missing at the end of Donald Trump’s presidency, raising alarms among intelligence officials that some of the most closely guarded national security secrets from the US and its allies could be exposed, sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

The binder contained raw intelligence the US and its NATO allies collected on Russians and Russian agents, including sources and methods that informed the US government’s assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin sought to help Trump win the 2016 election, sources tell CNN.

The intelligence was so sensitive that lawmakers and congressional aides with top secret security clearances were able to review the material only at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, where their work scrutinizing it was itself kept in a locked safe.

The binder was last seen at the White House during Trump’s final days in office. The former president had ordered it brought there so he could declassify a host of documents related to the FBI’s Russia investigation. Under the care of then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, the binder was scoured by Republican aides working to redact the most sensitive information so it could be declassified and released publicly.

The Russian intelligence was just a small part of the collection of documents in the binder, described as being 10 inches thick and containing reams of information about the FBI’s “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation into the 2016 Trump campaign and Russia. But the raw intelligence on Russia was among its most sensitive classified materials, and top Trump administration officials repeatedly tried to block the former president from releasing the documents.
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023 04:22 PM by Marc Mensa.)
12-15-2023 04:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: Extremely sensitive Russian intelligence disappeared under Trump
This is gonna be great. Have at him, fellas.
12-15-2023 04:35 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
This is what happens when numbnuts posts without reading the other threads first. He could have saved himself from looking like a #Hoodwinked fool.
12-15-2023 04:36 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao

I literally can't stop laughing!
(This post was last modified: 12-15-2023 04:42 PM by oruvoice.)
12-15-2023 04:38 PM
Redbanksdog Online
Heisman

“Crossfire Hurricane” Yep, I remember saying something about that.03-shhhh
12-15-2023 04:39 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Here Comes the 'Binder' Freakout: The Latest Media Nonsense to Try to Take Down Trump

Quote:Former President Donald Trump is increasing his lead over Joe Biden in the polls.

New Swing State Polling Show Great News for Trump - Even CNN Admits Biden Is in Big Trouble

Democrats and other assorted anti-Trump folks are losing their minds that he might win again. The lawfare leveled against him hasn't stopped people from supporting him. So the anti-Trump crew is making all kinds of hilarious predictions about Trump and what he might do in order to try to ward people off from voting for him — everything from he's going to shoot people in the street to somehow he's going to shut down the internet and misuse the "doomsday book."

WATCH: Media/Anti-Trump People List Things Trump Might Do If He Wins - the Raging Paranoia Is Hilarious

WATCH: More Hilarious Anti-Trump Paranoia - What Trump Could Do to the Internet and the 'Doomsday Book'

It's so stupid, but it shows how desperate they are.

So if they're desperate and everything has failed to stop him, what would follow next?

Ah, a new shiny object to try to take him down: a missing binder.

CNN, those paragons of journalistic integrity, and the usual suspects are peddling the story of a binder that supposedly went missing with Russian information in it while Trump was in the White House.

The binder contained raw intelligence the US and its NATO allies collected on Russians and Russian agents, including sources and methods that informed the US government’sassessmentthat Russian President Vladimir Putin sought to help Trump win the 2016 election, sources tell CNN.

Lol, "sources."

Yes, they even now seem to be trying to recycle "Russia, Russia, Russia" when they should have been embarrassed for the conspiracies they spread before. It seems to be all the same suspects pushing this once again.

Supposedly, this binder went "missing" when documents were being sent to the White House for declassification when Trump wanted to release all the information to the American people.

So, there are obviously deep problems with this story.

First, if it was so vital and it went missing, why are people only talking about it now, almost three years after Trump left office? That doesn't make a lot of sense, does it? Unless it wasn't important and/or you want to make something out of nothing to try to take down Trump now.

Second, Trump wanted it declassified, and most of it was if you take this report at face value., So, what are we even talking about?

Third, Trump wanted everything declassified so the American people could see it. He could make that call since he was the president. So it wouldn't be him making anything go missing. It would be people who didn't want the information released, assuming there was anything to this story, to begin with.

As I've said in the past, we have to apply the 48-hour rule. Virtually every "scandalous" story the liberal media drops about Trump turns out to be debunked/nonsense/silly within 48 hours.

I'm not sure there's anything even missing here, to begin with. "Sources" and CNN aren't exactly reliable.

It seems to me there's another big question, too: The story claims there's a redacted version of the binder that Trump ordered released. So why hasn't the Biden team released it? Where is it? Why hasn't it been released by the Biden administration pursuant to the order?

That seems to be the bigger question.
12-15-2023 05:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
So, from that second article posted it appears the 48 hour rule has already been invoked, no need for one from this humble board now.
12-15-2023 05:18 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(12-15-2023 04:21 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  https://cnn.it/3NxY3td?cid=ios_app

Washington (CNN) — A binder containing highly classified information related to Russian election interference went missing at the end of Donald Trump’s presidency, raising alarms among intelligence officials that some of the most closely guarded national security secrets from the US and its allies could be exposed, sources familiar with the matter told CNN.

The binder contained raw intelligence the US and its NATO allies collected on Russians and Russian agents, including sources and methods that informed the US government’s assessment that Russian President Vladimir Putin sought to help Trump win the 2016 election, sources tell CNN.

The intelligence was so sensitive that lawmakers and congressional aides with top secret security clearances were able to review the material only at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, where their work scrutinizing it was itself kept in a locked safe.

The binder was last seen at the White House during Trump’s final days in office. The former president had ordered it brought there so he could declassify a host of documents related to the FBI’s Russia investigation. Under the care of then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, the binder was scoured by Republican aides working to redact the most sensitive information so it could be declassified and released publicly.

The Russian intelligence was just a small part of the collection of documents in the binder, described as being 10 inches thick and containing reams of information about the FBI’s “Crossfire Hurricane” investigation into the 2016 Trump campaign and Russia. But the raw intelligence on Russia was among its most sensitive classified materials, and top Trump administration officials repeatedly tried to block the former president from releasing the documents.

Uh, has anyone checked with the FBI investigator responsible for the "Trump-Russia Collusion" investigation? After all, he just got sentenced to jail for...

wait for it...

colluding with Russia.

Former FBI Counterintelligence Chief Who Investigated Trump-Russia Collusion Hoax Sentenced to Over 4 Years for Colluding with Russian Oligarchs

And for RWT who always scoffs at TGP...

Ex-FBI counterintelligence chief sentenced to over four years in prison for work with Russian oligarch

Quote:Charles McGonigal, a 22-year veteran of the FBI, pleaded guilty in August to one count of conspiracy to violate US sanctions and money laundering for working for Oleg Deripaska, a wealthy Russian with close ties to Russian President Vladimir Putin.
12-15-2023 06:02 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
As an FBI Official Is Sentenced for Working Directly With Russia, News Outlets Erase One Key Detail

Quote:McGonigal was charged in January, then this fall he reached a plea deal, admitting guilt to the charges in order to have a number of others dropped. With today's sentence, he will be serving four years in the Grey Bar Inn, but what is notable is how this result is getting reported. Somehow, the very press corps that could not withhold from blaring any perceived connection to the Russians when it concerned Trump or Republicans does not see it as important to note McGonigal was a central figure in the collusion campaign.

In looking over the reports today, this is a glaring blind spot. Reuters saw no need to include how Chaz was involved. The Washington Post saw no need to mention either Donald Trump or the collusion investigation McGonigal kicked off. Equally muted is CBS News. ABC News was also silent on this notable dose of history. Well, I am confident the Associated Press, venerated news syndicate that it is, will surely include…uh, nope. The AP even gave a mention of McGonigal’s career, including the very years he sparked the Trump-Russia investigation within his agency, yet felt it was not important to include this detail.

McGonigal was special agent in charge of the FBI’s counterintelligence division in New York from 2016 to 2018. He supervised investigations of Russian oligarchs, including Deripaska.

This is a firm display of the press turning its back on yet another component of what has been the most blatant case of media malpractice seen in a decade. Their avoidance of McGonigal’s involvement mirrors the denial today of the existence of the Steele Dossier. For years, they hinged their reporting that Trump allegedly sought dirt on Hillary — criminally supplied by Russian interests — all on a document that was itself the very epitome of what they were alleging.

Christopher Steele, at the behest of Fusion GPS and funded by the Hillary Clinton legal team, compiled the contents of his dossier with intel fed to him by Russian players. Then, they cravenly used this document to charge Trump with the very actions that were employed to create the document. And the media played right along with the subterfuge. Now, as they are facing another key player in this monumental scam who is guilty of what they accuse, they are collectively turning their backs.
12-15-2023 06:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
A binder????

What was in it? Russian trading cards??
12-15-2023 08:39 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Mensa doing his anti-Mensa thing again.
12-15-2023 08:52 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
From Marc's original post:

"The intelligence was so sensitive that lawmakers and congressional aides with top secret security clearances were able to review the material only at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, where their work scrutinizing it was itself kept in a locked safe."

Yeah, no need for the overly dramatic words here. It had to be read in a SCIF, in which several of us on this board with military or government backgrounds did regularly as part of our job responsibilities.
12-15-2023 08:59 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-15-2023 08:59 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  From Marc's original post:

"The intelligence was so sensitive that lawmakers and congressional aides with top secret security clearances were able to review the material only at CIA headquarters in Langley, Virginia, where their work scrutinizing it was itself kept in a locked safe."

Yeah, no need for the overly dramatic words here. It had to be read in a SCIF, in which several of us on this board with military or government backgrounds did regularly as part of our job responsibilities.

And Trump has in his house.
12-15-2023 09:46 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(12-15-2023 09:46 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  
(12-15-2023 08:59 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  From Marc's original post:

And Trump has in his house.

Article did not say that. This was not mentioned in the documents at Mar-A -Lago, this, if reports can be trusted, was a file that apparently was signed out, but never returned. There is a difference.
12-15-2023 10:04 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
I think some highly sensitive Russian intelligence did disappear as Trump left office.

Putin lost all his intelligence and invaded Ukraine once Biden took office and he didn't have to worry about Trump killing his men as he did in Syria.
12-16-2023 12:09 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
But Russian collusion was a hoax! You know, Russia Russia Russia!

If only we had listened to Marco Rubio when he warned us about Russia interfering with the election! I guess it was just a happy accident that top secret info on Putin suddenly goes missing
12-16-2023 08:58 AM
Advertisement

Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
(12-16-2023 08:58 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  But Russian collusion was a hoax! You know, Russia Russia Russia!

If only we had listened to Marco Rubio when he warned us about Russia interfering with the election! I guess it was just a happy accident that top secret info on Putin suddenly goes missing

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao Double down on stupid.
12-16-2023 09:32 AM
Marc Mensa Online

(12-16-2023 08:58 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  But Russian collusion was a hoax! You know, Russia Russia Russia!

The last second rush to declassify was nothing but a rush to dispose and/ or share/sell.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023 10:16 AM by Marc Mensa.)
12-16-2023 10:15 AM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

(12-16-2023 10:15 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

The last second rush to declassify was nothing but a rush to dispose and/ or share/sell.

See, if you had slowed down and read this forum first, instead of peeing your pants and insta-posting some taint drivel that you fell for again, you would have understood that this material was NOT classified.

And then, if you sat back and thought about it for a moment, it would have occurred to you that Jack Smith hasnt sued or charged Trump with possession of this document. Which would make even a semi-smart person realize that it means Trump is allowed to have it.

Then, when the article mentions that the binder didnt turn up in the raid, only a moron would not wonder why they would have even been looking for it.

You see how much smarter you become when you dont immediately swallow the taint, but just sit back and ponder on things on your own for a few moments?
12-16-2023 10:25 AM
Marc Mensa Online

(12-16-2023 10:25 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  
(12-16-2023 10:15 AM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

See, if you had slowed down and read this forum first, instead of peeing your pants and insta-posting some taint drivel that you fell for again, you would have understood that this material was NOT classified.

And then, if you sat back and thought about it for a moment, it would have occurred to you that Jack Smith hasnt sued or charged Trump with possession of this document. Which would make even a semi-smart person realize that it means Trump is allowed to have it.

Then, when the article mentions that the binder didnt turn up in the raid, only a moron would not wonder why they would have even been looking for it.

You see how much smarter you become when you dont immediately swallow the taint, but just sit back and ponder on things on your own for a few moments?

The beauty is we’ll eventually see if these ridiculous explanations hold up in court.
(This post was last modified: 12-16-2023 11:16 AM by Marc Mensa.)
12-16-2023 10:39 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.