Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GCU sending their students to Liberty Game
Bookmark and Share
KINGALLISON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: New Mexico St
GCU sending their students to Liberty Game
They did this every year when they played NMSU in Las Cruces. NMSU won every single game against GCU in Las Cruces.

11-27-2023 10:39 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

army56mike Online

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
RE: GCU sending their students to Liberty Game
I can’t imagine they got a lot of tickets.
11-27-2023 10:58 PM
YesCubanB Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: NMSU
I would love for Liberty to become our GCU in CUSA. It was just basketball but it was a great conference rivalry even though some didn’t think it was. Because of our familiarity as independents I think we’re off to a good start. If NMSUs football trajectory holds and our basketball gets back on track I can see NMSU/Liberty becoming a nice conference rivalry.
11-28-2023 09:47 AM
army56mike Online

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
(11-28-2023 09:47 AM)YesCubanB Wrote:  I would love for Liberty to become our GCU in CUSA. It was just basketball but it was a great conference rivalry even though some didn’t think it was. Because of our familiarity as independents I think we’re off to a good start. If NMSUs football trajectory holds and our basketball gets back on track I can see NMSU/Liberty becoming a nice conference rivalry.

Agreed. 04-cheers
11-28-2023 09:58 AM
Advertisement

Keswick_Crusaders_Forever51 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Liberty, UF
(11-28-2023 09:47 AM)YesCubanB Wrote:  I would love for Liberty to become our GCU in CUSA. It was just basketball but it was a great conference rivalry even though some didn’t think it was. Because of our familiarity as independents I think we’re off to a good start. If NMSUs football trajectory holds and our basketball gets back on track I can see NMSU/Liberty becoming a nice conference rivalry.

Honestly is starting to feel like one already from my perspective. Would love for this to continue to basketball!
11-28-2023 11:11 AM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

NMSU put a spanking on Liberty a year ago. This season Liberty got even. Friday is the current rubber match. Although I would like for one of these games to actually be played in Las Cruces. Pavia has become all too familiar with Williams Stadium.
11-28-2023 11:17 AM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
Is GCU paying for the plane tickets?
11-28-2023 12:18 PM
Advertisement

NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

(11-28-2023 12:18 PM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  Is GCU paying for the plane tickets?

Maybe. They might charter a plane. For Aggie games in Las Cruces, GCU charters a bus. The students only need to buy a game ticket and bring spending money for food.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023 01:51 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
11-28-2023 01:50 PM
KINGALLISON Offline
2nd String

I Root For: New Mexico St
(11-28-2023 09:58 AM)army56mike Wrote:  

Agreed. 04-cheers

But your fans aren't annoying like theirs haha They literally forced a rivalry with NMSU.
11-28-2023 02:24 PM
YesCubanB Offline
Special Teams

GCU probably has private planes to fly their students out. Those tuition scams rake in the dough.
11-28-2023 02:50 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
GECU (sic) should be rooting for the other Christian school, too bad they've jumped into the dark side and rooting for the Ugglies. 03-wink
11-28-2023 03:16 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(11-27-2023 10:58 PM)army56mike Wrote:  I can’t imagine they got a lot of tickets.

The first time GCU showed up they didn't inform NMSU they were sending their students. GCU students ended up mixed with season ticket holders and they wouldn't sit down. Caused a lot of issues and pissed off NMSU fans. NMSU sold them blocked seating from then on. GCU also had a section for NMSU fans at their arena. A few seasons later GCU eventually stopped having a section for NMSU and even limited selling tickets to only Aggie fans in the Phoenix area. NMSU stuck GCU students up in nosebleeds by themselves and limited showing them on TV.

GCU made a big production out of the NMSU game in Phoenix when GCU was first eligible for post season after 4 years of transition. The game was being broadcast on I believe it was called the American Sports Network, games were on regional CW's. NMSU won. Our coach did a 15 min Post game interview with the broadcast team talking up NMSU. It was a season or two after this GCU began putting limitations on NMSU fans to get tickets.
11-28-2023 03:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
" NMSU stuck GCU students up in nosebleeds by themselves and limited showing them on TV. "

C'mon really? Since when has your stadium been big and tall enough to have a "nose bleed section" I know, you said that in jest, right? Okay, I got the joke.
11-28-2023 03:49 PM
NMSUPistolPete Online
All American

(11-28-2023 03:49 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  " NMSU stuck GCU students up in nosebleeds by themselves and limited showing them on TV. "

C'mon really? Since when has your stadium been big and tall enough to have a "nose bleed section" I know, you said that in jest, right? Okay, I got the joke.

Stadium? Our arena is currently the largest in CUSA. But given our average game attendance, the PAC might be too big now. But we do have nose-bleed sections. Miner fans should be very familiar with them when they come to town. 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2023 06:34 PM by NMSUPistolPete.)
11-28-2023 06:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.