Hardly anyone here.05-mafia
11-18-2023 01:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: Game against Cleveland State
Quality home win though. Probably not making home games until conference play.
11-18-2023 03:32 PM
emussuperfan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(11-18-2023 03:32 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Quality home win though. Probably not making home games until conference play.

Still I expected more because of them naming the Court after Ben.
11-18-2023 03:42 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

These guys were the far more athletic team today. WAY more hops and quicks than we had. Yet we won. I loved the game and I really like the way this team plays with effort and hustle.

Another big difference I noticed: When we were getting killed by Cleveland St on the boards in the first half, I saw Stan and three asst coaches getting into players faces and admonishing them for lack of effort. I did not see that last year.
11-18-2023 07:01 PM
Advertisement

Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

First and foremost, I want to congratulate the team on earning a victory over a pretty decent team.

First off, Cleveland State came out and punched us in the mouth. I mean we were NOT ready for the level of intensity and extreme physical play by Cleveland State. I was very impressed with CSUs size, strength, athleticism and tenacity - they came ready to deal us an L. I mean CSU got after us on the defensive end. The result was at least 3 turnovers during the first few minutes of play. The type of intensity CSU brought is very difficult to duplicate in a practice unless a fight breaks out. Sitting courtside, it’s interesting to see the bumping, holding, and clawing for position. It’s a good thing Tyson was ready to play or we could have easily gotten down by 10 points during the first 5 minutes.

I came away impressed with our overall play and really impressed with Tyson Acuff. He was the vocal leader on the offensive end telling his teammates where they’re supposed to be on the floor. On defense, where I’ve grilled him, he gave great effort and inspired his teammates.

How this team can improve: 1) The entire team has to learn to block out and rebound. I’m not sure if they are not being taught how to block out for defensive rebounds, the players lack discipline or a combination. 2) Need to start the game with intensity. I’m not sure if EMU lacked confidence to start the game or came out lackadaisical. Tyson was ready as was Julius!! 3) Team needs to take care of the ball.

I was impressed with the intensity of Julius Ellerbe. If he can knock down some jumpers oh boy this kid could be very good.

The 6’6” freshman of the year guard some of you are excited about. Well he needs to really improve his confidence and intensity. He’s got a nice stroke but I will leave it at that. Definitely could develop into a nice player but it’s a long season.

After watching this team, here’s what I think our best 5 are:

1) Lovejoy Pg 2) Tyson Acuff Sg 3) Julius Ellerbe Sf 4) Yusef Jihad Sf/Pf 5) Martynov

The CSU game showed EMU the intensity needed when you play on the road. A very good win!
11-19-2023 09:18 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

11-19-2023 09:34 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(11-18-2023 03:42 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  
(11-18-2023 03:32 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Quality home win though. Probably not making home games until conference play.

Still I expected more because of them naming the Court after Ben.

Nobody cares about that except us old timers.
11-20-2023 12:17 AM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
(11-18-2023 07:01 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  These guys were the far more athletic team today. WAY more hops and quicks than we had. Yet we won. I loved the game and I really like the way this team plays with effort and hustle.

Another big difference I noticed: When we were getting killed by Cleveland St on the boards in the first half, I saw Stan and three asst coaches getting into players faces and admonishing them for lack of effort. I did not see that last year.

Wonder why? lol.
11-20-2023 12:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.