Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UMass has signal CUSA
Bookmark and Share
Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
UMass has signal CUSA
UMass has signaled CUSA during the Army game and is being discussed on the realignment board, both UMass and Delaware boards. With divisions can see this working out well as CUSA is slim with sports and we can keep 8 sports where they are or find an affiliate for lacrosse as the Big East. Why would we look at CUSA vs the MAC. The bottom of the MAC is terrible and our AD played bb and did not spend 1.7M hiring a bb coach to bring it to the MAC. The last statement is my assumption on wanting CUSA over MAC. CUSA has a number of basketball schools with WKU, MTSU, NMSU and think Liberty will be up there as well.

10-30-2023 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
RE: UMass has signal CUSA
(10-30-2023 09:13 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  UMass has signaled CUSA during the Army game and is being discussed on the realignment board, both UMass and Delaware boards. With divisions can see this working out well as CUSA is slim with sports and we can keep 8 sports where they are or find an affiliate for lacrosse as the Big East. Why would we look at CUSA vs the MAC. The bottom of the MAC is terrible and our AD played bb and did not spend 1.7M hiring a bb coach to bring it to the MAC. The last statement is my assumption on wanting CUSA over MAC. CUSA has a number of basketball schools with WKU, MTSU, NMSU and think Liberty will be up there as well.

Although I don't know if there's any legs to the UMass, Delaware, etc talk, basketball could be the niche CUSA has that separates it from some other G5 conferences and provides some level of prestige back to CUSA. It began as a competitive basketball conference and could be again.
10-30-2023 09:24 AM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Come on man! Why not just say it? We’re cooler than the MAC! 04-cheers
10-30-2023 09:25 AM
smith79jordan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Jax State
(10-30-2023 09:13 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  UMass has signaled CUSA during the Army game and is being discussed on the realignment board, both UMass and Delaware boards. With divisions can see this working out well as CUSA is slim with sports and we can keep 8 sports where they are or find an affiliate for lacrosse as the Big East. Why would we look at CUSA vs the MAC. The bottom of the MAC is terrible and our AD played bb and did not spend 1.7M hiring a bb coach to bring it to the MAC. The last statement is my assumption on wanting CUSA over MAC. CUSA has a number of basketball schools with WKU, MTSU, NMSU and think Liberty will be up there as well.

Hope to see the Minutemen and Blue Hens get an invite. When Jax State got invited a couple of years ago, a vocal minority of our fans were against it. Now that we're 7-2, they haven't had much to say. My point: fanbases can be fickle. I've taken a glance at the UMass and Delaware boards. Not everyone would be thrilled to join, but take their pessimism about CUSA, our footprint midweek games and reputation with a grain of salt. For the most part, we enjoy being here and playing each other.
10-30-2023 10:01 AM
inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(10-30-2023 10:01 AM)smith79jordan Wrote:  Hope to see the Minutemen and Blue Hens get an invite.

I literally cannot understand why.

They are very far away and not good. There is nothing wrong with UMass being a football independent (for any CUSA team). You can play them OOC if you want, but how does their inclusion improve CUSA?
10-30-2023 10:05 AM
EatEmUp11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Sam Houston State
I’d get on board with a Delaware all-sports add.

Would not be happy at all with UMass joining. Hard pass.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023 10:07 AM by EatEmUp11.)
10-30-2023 10:07 AM
Advertisement

smith79jordan Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-30-2023 10:05 AM)inutech Wrote:  
(10-30-2023 10:01 AM)smith79jordan Wrote:  Hope to see the Minutemen and Blue Hens get an invite.

They are very far away and not good. There is nothing wrong with UMass being a football independent (for any CUSA team). You can play them OOC if you want, but how does their inclusion improve CUSA?

Dude, you complain about everything the conference does or might do. If it's not the media deal, it's the GOR. If it's not the ideas fans have for the conference, it's who fans would like to see join.
10-30-2023 10:10 AM
R40 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Prairie View A&M
UMass makes $5 million dollars per year playing basketball. If they join CUSA, they will make $5 million in 5 years. They would like to join the ACC and might consider the AAC
10-30-2023 10:11 AM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
I'd make a package offer to both schools for all sports. Both are flagship schools in their respective states which would bring new viewership eyes in Boston and Philly. Delaware seems as if they have always emphasized their athletic department and UMass is a ready-made FBS football program. No FCS move up growing pains to endure. Conference already spread from Miami to New Mexico. What's another trip to the mid-Atlantic and New England? Certainly excellent travel to/from via air.
10-30-2023 10:13 AM
Ewglenn Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MTSU

I’ve always been a fan of you Steve so this is nothing personal. I just don’t see the value of a UMASS add. Football has been terrible and basketball isn’t in the 90s anymore. I just don’t see a ton of value. I’d be welcoming but I still believe Missouri St makes more sense. Maybe UCONN football is coming if UMASS is added for all sports.
10-30-2023 10:22 AM
inutech Offline
All American

(10-30-2023 10:10 AM)smith79jordan Wrote:  

Dude, you complain about everything the conference does or might do. If it's not the media deal, it's the GOR. If it's not the ideas fans have for the conference, it's who fans would like to see join.

This isn't the conference. Not yet. And hopefully not ever.

Arguing that doing something bad would be bad for the conference is not in any way a complaint about the conference. It's the opposite! If I hated CUSA as much as you think, I would support things that I think would harm CUSA.

Why do you hate CUSA so much? Why are you hoping for it to get worse? Dude, why root for harm to all of us?

I tell you, the hate and bitterness some of the fans of new schools show towards their new home is disheartening. And it's endless. All I read is how this conference isn't good enough for you and you want to make changes.
10-30-2023 10:23 AM
Advertisement

inutech Offline
All American

(10-30-2023 10:13 AM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  UMass is a ready-made FBS football program. No FCS move up growing pains to endure.

I think we can agree to disagree about all the rest. But this I don't understand. Because they are currently FBS and won't have to transition to FBS that means you think they will contribute by being good at football sooner? Are you familiar with their FBS history (and present)?
10-30-2023 10:25 AM
Blue Raider Dave Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tenn
(10-30-2023 10:25 AM)inutech Wrote:  
(10-30-2023 10:13 AM)Blue Raider Dave Wrote:  UMass is a ready-made FBS football program. No FCS move up growing pains to endure.

I think we can agree to disagree about all the rest. But this I don't understand. Because they are currently FBS and won't have to transition to FBS that means you think they will contribute by being good at football sooner? Are you familiar with their FBS history (and present)?

Yeah, I'm familiar with it and it's not very good. However, it is FBS history and not FCS. They'd still win a CUSA championship before MT will with Stockstill 03-wink
10-30-2023 10:28 AM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

I’m OK with the Blue Hens joining. We need more chickens in the conference.
10-30-2023 10:50 AM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

(10-30-2023 10:23 AM)inutech Wrote:  
(10-30-2023 10:10 AM)smith79jordan Wrote:  

This isn't the conference. Not yet. And hopefully not ever.

Arguing that doing something bad would be bad for the conference is not in any way a complaint about the conference. It's the opposite! If I hated CUSA as much as you think, I would support things that I think would harm CUSA.

Why do you hate CUSA so much? Why are you hoping for it to get worse? Dude, why root for harm to all of us?

I tell you, the hate and bitterness some of the fans of new schools show towards their new home is disheartening. And it's endless. All I read is how this conference isn't good enough for you and you want to make changes.

Not me. I love it here.
10-30-2023 10:52 AM
smith79jordan Offline
Bench Warmer

(10-30-2023 10:23 AM)inutech Wrote:  Why do you hate CUSA so much? Why are you hoping for it to get worse? Dude, why root for harm to all of us?

Lmao 03-lmfao
10-30-2023 10:55 AM
Advertisement

KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Better than Tarley Town.
10-30-2023 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
R40 Offline
Banned

I Root For: Prairie View A&M
If UMass actually makes this move, they are doing it as a stair step move. They are looking to move up. They want in a conference so they can get in another conference. That would be good for the conference if they were looking to prove themselves to try to get into the TV gravy train down the line.
10-30-2023 11:04 AM
Hootyhoo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kennesaw State
InuTech might be a bit of a broken record, but I don't think he's wrong to ask the question. Why do we want to be in a conference with UMass? I'm not dismissing that there are probably benefits to it, but they aren't obvious to me.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023 11:18 AM by Hootyhoo.)
10-30-2023 11:05 AM
EatEmUp11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Sam Houston State
(10-30-2023 10:56 AM)KAjunRaider Wrote:  Better than Tarley Town.
Well said and good perspective.

There might be a handful of FCS callups folks would prefer to UMass but at least we’re not down to considering a school transitioning from D2 anymore.
10-30-2023 11:10 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.