Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fortune 100 not hiring whites?
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Fortune 100 not hiring whites?
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-...diversity/

Have doubts about this data, but it is leftist Bloomberg talking about 2021 hiring in the Fortune 100, not Breitbart.

"...The overall job growth included 20,524 White workers. The other 302,570 jobs — or 94% of the headcount increase — went to people of color....

The biggest shifts happened in less-senior job categories. White people held fewer of those roles in 2021 than they did in 2020, whereas thousands of people of color were added to the ranks.

But the trend continued up the job ladder in top, high-paid jobs, too: Companies increased their racial diversity among executives, managers and professionals...."
10-21-2023 09:49 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleyed Online
1st String

I Root For: USM
RE: Fortune 100 not hiring whites?
division, exclusion, and indoctrination DEI having it's effect. And some people still don't think woke ideology is one of the biggest issues we face as a nation.
10-21-2023 10:05 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
all I see is another 'give an inch, take a mile' under the guise of reverse discrimination from the white quilting fagoos w/o a backbone or lick of sense...

if true, they should take 90% of the ghetto gang bangin' blasters ... that would be all kinds of fonzies to watch evolve/implode... they can start by emptying all the violents kwiminals and promotes dems mail-inns to the top .... work it backwards from there so the uncle tommie goons are pushing brooms...

that would be some real time BLM (bowels and la movements)

oh, ding dang dongs, is that racissss? I get confused at times who the real racissss are ... where's Bud Collyer when ya need him, Ja?! ... 03-wink
10-21-2023 10:35 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
people should start suing.
10-21-2023 11:07 PM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
so, um, the NBA...cough...cough...yeah, thought so...
10-21-2023 11:32 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Don’t care. Unlike some communities, we’ll be fine. The only detriment will be to the companies that get away from merit. I want the best, what it looks like is of no concern.
10-21-2023 11:37 PM
stinkfist Online

(10-21-2023 11:37 PM)banker Wrote:  Don’t care. Unlike some communities, we’ll be fine. The only detriment will be to the companies that get away from merit. I want the best, what it looks like is of no concern.

which is why SCOTUS ruled against raced based admissions at universities (IIRC, there's rumors that's not being applied at some)

the same should apply across the board ... race shouldn't be on any application ... period!

funny story from back in my earliest days that introduced me to my future/now past life (manufacturing), the company had the standard application for shop floor employees with another 3 pages we called 'the idiot test' ... my fave was the tape measure page where the applicant was required to mark the ruler with the measurement provided ... the 1/4 1/2 and whole numbers were correctly indicated by > 95% ... 9/16 had 9 pencil marks from roughly 50% with >90% correct ... the kicker was 3/8 ... only ~20% got that one right ... take a wild guess which one was looked at first and tossed in the trash if answered incorrectly before reviewing anything else ... yeahhhhhhhhhh

I'll bet I graded at least 5k over a two-year span while in HS (just did it to help out the plant manager who wore all kinds of hats ... was easy beer money) ... yeah, this was all as a privately owned company before corpshite 'murica YRK bought the owner out ... today, they'd call that test unfair and racisss...

#crudeButEffective
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2023 05:27 AM by stinkfist.)
10-22-2023 05:25 AM
Advertisement

WKUApollo Offline

I Root For: WKU Hilltoppers
I'd wager a significant number of these hires were for the creation of DEI departments in thousands of companies and government agencies. Almost 100% of the DEI Officers, Directors, Assistants, were minorities and if they could check two boxes or even three boxes, oh boy. Then, these Nazi DEI officers used fascist tactics to scare and force HR departments and executives to fill other positions with others who check the boxes only, as opposed to hiring based on competency.

In at least three of the employers I work with, including my own, all the newly created DEI officers and their staff are filled with non-whites, females, and members of the LGBT community. Some checked all three boxes...the trifecta.
10-22-2023 06:55 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
I'll be branded a racist for suggesting this but this could go a long way toward explaining the drastic decline in quality of service on several fronts and the increase in substandard management in all sorts of areas. As a contractor for a city government I see it everywhere. The only areas dominated or even proportionally represented by whites are in those areas requiring a higher level of expertise and ability, like engineering. Many of the rest of the jobs are simply place holders for budget maintenance. I sometimes wonder if my own position is nothing more than some place to spend money from this years budget so that next years doesn't decrease.

While I have impressive credentials in the telecom world, that world as we've known it barely exists anymore. If data types weren't so afraid of voice technologies they'd understand how easy it is to build an efficient communications network sans all the legacy equipment that we used to need to build out a voice network. These days a desk phone is simply another network appliance.
10-22-2023 07:16 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(10-21-2023 10:35 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  all I see is another 'give an inch, take a mile' under the guise of reverse discrimination from the white quilting fagoos w/o a backbone or lick of sense...

if true, they should take 90% of the ghetto gang bangin' blasters ... that would be all kinds of fonzies to watch evolve/implode... they can start by emptying all the violents kwiminals and promotes dems mail-inns to the top .... work it backwards from there so the uncle tommie goons are pushing brooms...

that would be some real time BLM (bowels and la movements)

oh, ding dang dongs, is that racissss? I get confused at times who the real racissss are ... where's Bud Collyer when ya need him, Ja?! ... 03-wink

Do you even have to ask?? Of course it's racist! You're a white man are you not?? Yeah, automatically racist. You could be married to a black woman, have 3 mixed race kids and live in some urban center somewhere working for some agency that exists solely to advance the interests of "minorities" and you're still a damn racist what with all that melanin deprived skin. Oh, and did I mention that in the eyes of some minorities you are a sub-standard representation of the species homo erectus?
10-22-2023 07:23 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(10-22-2023 06:55 AM)WKUApollo Wrote:  I'd wager a significant number of these hires were for the creation of DEI departments in thousands of companies and government agencies. Almost 100% of the DEI Officers, Directors, Assistants, were minorities and if they could check two boxes or even three boxes, oh boy. Then, these Nazi DEI officers used fascist tactics to scare and force HR departments and executives to fill other positions with others who check the boxes only, as opposed to hiring based on competency.

In at least three of the employers I work with, including my own, all the newly created DEI officers and their staff are filled with non-whites, females, and members of the LGBT community. Some checked all three boxes...the trifecta.

I met this black kid (he was probably in his 30's) at one of the DEI offices in Memphis last week. The city took over a huge building and turned one floor into one division of its DEI enterprise. That division exists solely to ensure business compliance with DEI policies. The minute I saw the name of the agency I thought to myself, yeah, I know what going in there is going to be like. Anyway, this young man impressed the hell out of me, he was courteous, friendly and interested in my experiences. He was the only male in that office and there were absolutely no whites in evidence. In our conversations he said nothing to indicate any level of wokeness and I wondered how he landed that job even with him being black.

I've been in other city DEI offices and the level of veiled derision and scorn directed at me simply for walking in was apparent from all the gay green haired nose pierced tattooed soy boys and sky screaming type women.
10-22-2023 07:34 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

(10-22-2023 05:25 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-21-2023 11:37 PM)banker Wrote:  Don’t care. Unlike some communities, we’ll be fine. The only detriment will be to the companies that get away from merit. I want the best, what it looks like is of no concern.

which is why SCOTUS ruled against raced based admissions at universities (IIRC, there's rumors that's not being applied at some)

the same should apply across the board ... race shouldn't be on any application ... period!

funny story from back in my earliest days that introduced me to my future/now past life (manufacturing), the company had the standard application for shop floor employees with another 3 pages we called 'the idiot test' ... my fave was the tape measure page where the applicant was required to mark the ruler with the measurement provided ... the 1/4 1/2 and whole numbers were correctly indicated by > 95% ... 9/16 had 9 pencil marks from roughly 50% with >90% correct ... the kicker was 3/8 ... only ~20% got that one right ... take a wild guess which one was looked at first and tossed in the trash if answered incorrectly before reviewing anything else ... yeahhhhhhhhhh

I'll bet I graded at least 5k over a two-year span while in HS (just did it to help out the plant manager who wore all kinds of hats ... was easy beer money) ... yeah, this was all as a privately owned company before corpshite 'murica YRK bought the owner out ... today, they'd call that test unfair and racisss...

#crudeButEffective

Wait, 3/8ths? An eighth is twice a quarter, right? Or is it half? I get so confused. No wonder every structure I ever built was out of square.

LOL, we built a 12x16 shack on our farm/hunting club. It can sleep 3, maybe 4, but we primarily use it to get out of the weather and play poker in. We ended up calling it the Crooked Shack Hunting Club because it is literally 3 inches out of square. When I sunk the 4 corner posts I failed to notice that at the top of one there was something like a raised dimple about the size of a quarter that stuck out like maybe a half inch, probably more like 3/8ths 03-razz. We strung a string around all the corners and used the 3,4,5 rule to square it up. As soon as the numbers added up we'd fill the hole with cement and anchor it in place. Unbeknownst to me my helper (my girlfriend) laid the string directly across that raised dimple throwing that one side out of square by 3 inches over a 12 foot run. Math is hard.
10-22-2023 07:49 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(10-21-2023 11:32 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  so, um, the NBA...cough...cough...yeah, thought so...

Eastern Europeans will soon takeover the NBA. It has already started. They are better at the game.
10-22-2023 09:54 AM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
(10-21-2023 09:49 PM)bullet Wrote:  https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2023-...diversity/

Have doubts about this data, but it is leftist Bloomberg talking about 2021 hiring in the Fortune 100, not Breitbart.

"...The overall job growth included 20,524 White workers. The other 302,570 jobs — or 94% of the headcount increase — went to people of color....

The biggest shifts happened in less-senior job categories. White people held fewer of those roles in 2021 than they did in 2020, whereas thousands of people of color were added to the ranks.

But the trend continued up the job ladder in top, high-paid jobs, too: Companies increased their racial diversity among executives, managers and professionals...."

Racism is racism. These stats are pathetic
10-22-2023 10:39 AM
stinkfist Online

(10-22-2023 07:49 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(10-22-2023 05:25 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

#crudeButEffective

Wait, 3/8ths? An eighth is twice a quarter, right? Or is it half? I get so confused. No wonder every structure I ever built was out of square.

LOL, we built a 12x16 shack on our farm/hunting club. It can sleep 3, maybe 4, but we primarily use it to get out of the weather and play poker in. We ended up calling it the Crooked Shack Hunting Club because it is literally 3 inches out of square. When I sunk the 4 corner posts I failed to notice that at the top of one there was something like a raised dimple about the size of a quarter that stuck out like maybe a half inch, probably more like 3/8ths 03-razz. We strung a string around all the corners and used the 3,4,5 rule to square it up. As soon as the numbers added up we'd fill the hole with cement and anchor it in place. Unbeknownst to me my helper (my girlfriend) laid the string directly across that raised dimple throwing that one side out of square by 3 inches over a 12 foot run. Math is hard.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao at those darn dimples in the wrong places...

for a guy jokingly confused with 'pieces of eighths', that's pretty sporty coming with the 3,4,5 rule ... our tolerances were fairly liberal before automation took over (lap sheet metal design allows one to design around such) ... however, our fully welded structural steel bases never left the fab shop out of square (their tolerance was 1/2" overall regardless of footprint) ... it was more a pride factor for those guys ... the entire nonunion shop truly had pride in quality and craftmanship ... "made in the USA" was an unwritten standard across the board ... yeah, those days are long gone...

@Pythagorean
10-22-2023 11:23 AM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
I could never be a good carpenter much less a great carpenter. If I built furniture it would look like a Picasso. I remember my wife asking me to build something and I only had a hammer and a saw. I guess she'd never seen someone actually built one and how much expertise it requires. It was funny as heck. LOL
10-22-2023 12:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.