10-14-2023 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Ben Shapiro on the historic lies of the conflict
I like reading Ben Shapiro. I have a hard time listening to him with how fast and shrill he speaks. He slowed it down and took it down a notch for that. Listen on the radio and it gives you a migraine.
10-15-2023 05:22 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-15-2023 05:22 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I like reading Ben Shapiro. I have a hard time listening to him with how fast and shrill he speaks. He slowed it down and took it down a notch for that. Listen on the radio and it gives you a migraine.

We have a second house in the mountains that we get to use only sporadically throughout the year. We have all manner of electronic, barrier and bait traps and devices set to keep the rodents out while we’re not there. For the most part, that seems to work.

The exception? The damn red squirrels, who always seem to find a way to nest in the basement and then make their way up through the walls.

The one trick that seems to have worked best is to turn on a plug-in radio on full volume in the basement - - tuned to conservative talk radio. Of all the programs, I am convinced that it is the Ben Shapiro show that is the most effective at driving those little bastards out.
10-15-2023 05:36 PM
450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis
He can’t how he actually speaks.

To me, he’s the best in the business. Smart, honest and measured. He’s a class act as well
10-15-2023 11:34 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-15-2023 11:34 PM)450bench Wrote:  He can’t [help] how he actually speaks.

To me, he’s the best in the business. Smart, honest and measured. He’s a class act as well

As someone who has had to learn to temper my New York accent and speaking style in order to effectively communicate to in the Virginia business world, yes one most certainly CAN help how he actually speaks.

But the bigger point still stands. Ben Shapiro is top of my list of contemporary political pundits. (And pretty damn effective at keeping the red squirrels away.)
10-16-2023 04:44 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(10-16-2023 04:44 AM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  

As someone who has had to learn to temper my New York accent and speaking style in order to effectively communicate to in the Virginia business world, yes one most certainly CAN help how he actually speaks.

But the bigger point still stands. Ben Shapiro is top of my list of contemporary political pundits. (And pretty damn effective at keeping the red squirrels away.)

lmfao ... as a displaced midwesterner from the wayback of '74, I can 110% relate to that, Yogi ... 03-wink

yeah, ol' Benny Shap has it going on in the overtly-active ADHD dept. (#asset)
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023 06:00 AM by stinkfist.)
10-16-2023 05:59 AM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
Ben is a blessing from God. I pray he comes to faith in Christ one day.
10-16-2023 06:03 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(10-16-2023 05:59 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

lmfao ... as a displaced midwesterner from the wayback of '74, I can 110% relate to that, Yogi ... 03-wink

yeah, ol' Benny Shap has it going on in the overtly-active ADHD dept. (#asset)

He gets really rolling he sounds like someone mixed a machine gun with a CO2 alarm.
10-16-2023 06:27 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Ben Shapiro on the historic lies of the conflict
He’s great at analyzing issues/legislation + explaining in layman’s how it matters…

His political instincts are pretty bad though. He went from Never-Trump to all the way Trump in 2020, now pro DeSantis and anti Trump. He’s trying to play the middle so bad that it comes off disingenuous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-16-2023 09:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline

(10-16-2023 09:13 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  He’s great at analyzing issues/legislation + explaining in layman’s how it matters…

His political instincts are pretty bad though. He went from Never-Trump to all the way Trump in 2020, now pro DeSantis and anti Trump. He’s trying to play the middle so bad that it comes off disingenuous.

so did a shiteload of folks on this board … there were only 3 that backed #henceDJT out of the gate … and most thought he’d announce as a donk…

@LMFAO
10-16-2023 09:16 AM
Advertisement

450bench Online

I Root For: Memphis

I’m from Brooklyn so there’s that with regard to accents.
Shapiro’s isn’t an accent at all. It’s his nasally form of speaking. Can’t change that.
That’s what I’m actually talking about.
10-16-2023 10:15 AM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
Ben Shapiro on the historic lies of the conflict
(10-16-2023 09:16 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-16-2023 09:13 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  He’s great at analyzing issues/legislation + explaining in layman’s how it matters…

so did a shiteload of folks on this board … there were only 3 that backed #henceDJT out of the gate … and most thought he’d announce as a donk…

@LMFAO

Yeah but there’s a difference between being ideologically consistent and changing your tune 2-3 times when convenient. My guess is once Trump wins the nomination he will go back to stop being anti Trump yet again when he preferred candidate fails.

10-16-2023 10:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline

(10-16-2023 10:45 AM)WalkThePlank Wrote:  
(10-16-2023 09:16 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  

@LMFAO

Yeah but there’s a difference between being ideologically consistent and changing your tune 2-3 times when convenient. My guess is once Trump wins the nomination he will go back to stop being anti Trump yet again when he preferred candidate fails.

interesting … I would view that as ‘internutz subscription suicide’…

you only get one chance with nuts zongo … 04-cheers

@theyCalledUsCrazy
(This post was last modified: 10-16-2023 12:45 PM by stinkfist.)
10-16-2023 12:43 PM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(10-16-2023 06:03 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Ben is a blessing from God. I pray he comes to faith in Christ one day.

I was just thinking that, the fact that he hasn't proves to me "he ain't that smart". In lieu of all the evidence of Jesus Christ in the Jewish Bible he still denies it. He is wise to the world but not to God.

...and yes, I hate his voice. He sounds like a valley girl with a nose twang.
10-16-2023 02:43 PM
ericsrevenge76 Away
Jesus is coming soon

I Root For: The Kingdom
(10-16-2023 02:43 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  
(10-16-2023 06:03 AM)ericsrevenge76 Wrote:  Ben is a blessing from God. I pray he comes to faith in Christ one day.

I was just thinking that, the fact that he hasn't proves to me "he ain't that smart". In lieu of all the evidence of Jesus Christ in the Jewish Bible he still denies it. He is wise to the world but not to God.

...and yes, I hate his voice. He sounds like a valley girl with a nose twang.

I've noticed when the topic comes up he very clear delegates most of his understanding of the scriptures to rabbi's and just gets line line with what they say.

Something he would never do politically, but he is more than willing to do on this.

Every time it comes up he literally just tries to skirt out of the topic as fast as possible.
10-16-2023 06:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.