Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Weak 5 Football Games
Bookmark and Share
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
Weak 5 Football Games
Week 5 Football Games

MTSU (0-0) 1-3 @ WKU (0-0) 2-2 - Thu 7:30 CBSSN - >WKU-5.5<
Both these teams are a bit of an enigma to me. For some reason I believe they are better than what their records have shown thus far. MTSU has shown competitiveness but can’t seem to get over the hump. WKU seems to be sleep walking their way through the season. I know each program is facing their own personnel challenges in their own way. One thing I feel sure of. There will be no Blue Raid into the Bluegrass State this week. The Toppers will continue reigning as Kings of this hill. I am gonna go with WKU for three simple reasons, it’s a home game, it’s a rivalry game, and WKU has owned the rivalry recently. 04-rock

Jax St. (1-0) 3-1 @ SHSU (0-0) 0-3 - Thu 8:00 ESPNU - >JSU-6.6<
Eesh! The Bearkats anemic offense has let them down all season. And the last game showed their staunch defense may be vulnerable too. This isn’t what Bearkat or CUSA fans were expecting I’m sure. But at least SHSU has those cool looking all orange home uniforms going for them! Am I right? On the other hand, Jax St. has come out of the gate pretty strong, minus a road loss to a mediocre Beach Chicken team. They have a good coach in a good state for football and good tradition of winning. I just can’t pick the Bearkats even at home, until they show they can win a game. The Gamecocks will mosey into Texas and take a road victory. 04-rock

La. Tech (1-0) 2-3 @ UTEP (0-1) 1-4 - Fri 9:00 CBSSN - >UTEP-1<
I can’t believe UTEP is favored in this one, even if it’s a home game. UTEP is a team I will never pick until they prove they can win a game. I am not all that confident in La. Tech, but way more confident than the Miners. The Bulldogs should be good enough to get a road win in this one. 04-rock

Kennesaw St. (1-3) @ Charleston So. (1-3) - Sat 6:00 ESPN+ - >NL<
I’m not picking the Owls. They have no flight, no claws, no bite. Chuck South is notoriously weak since the departure of Jamie Chadwell, the new Liberty HC. I know it’s a rebuild for KSU, but they need to start getting their house in order. They’ll have bigger fish to fry next season. Chuck South wins this game. 03-hissyfit
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2023 01:29 PM by army56mike.)
09-26-2023 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

inutech Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
RE: Weak 5 Football Games
(09-26-2023 01:27 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Week 5 Football Games

can’t seem to get over the hump. . . sleep walking their way through the season. . . anemic offense. . . I am not all that confident. . . no flight, no claws, no bite . . .

So the title of the thread was on purpose then?
09-26-2023 02:21 PM
AvgSportsFan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: GA Sports
(09-26-2023 01:27 PM)army56mike Wrote:  Week 5 Football Games

Kennesaw St. (1-3) @ Charleston So. (1-3) - Sat 6:00 ESPN+ - >NL<
I’m not picking the Owls. They have no flight, no claws, no bite. Chuck South is notoriously weak since the departure of Jamie Chadwell, the new Liberty HC. I know it’s a rebuild for KSU, but they need to start getting their house in order. They’ll have bigger fish to fry next season. Chuck South wins this game. 03-hissyfit

You just said it, KSU is rebuilding. I don't expect anything out of this season, now that I see Coach Bo is coaching these games as if they were scrimmages. They seem to be just figuring out their new offensive plays and play calling style. Also trying to figure out their go to plays (3rd dn, 4th&short, etc). It's a 9 game sham of season that means nothing. They appear to be utilizing their time wisely.

They have plenty of fight and they don't quit. They simply don't currently have all the necessary tools for success. These games have been close. They clearly don't have a full grasp on the new offense. What more do you expect from a bunch of 2nd stringers running a new offense, when they were originally recruited simply to Run and Block. Give them a little grace. They'll be fine.
09-27-2023 12:18 AM
Advertisement

SlyFox Offline
1st String

I Root For: Liberty
The idea of mass redshirting in the transfer portal era seems exceptionally foolhardy IMHO. I know it was the blueprint in the past but in 2023 you would think different tactics would come into play. And I can't even imagine trying to recruit based on this current season. recruits coming to watch empty stadiums and losses to mediocre to poor FCS programs. Good luck.
09-27-2023 07:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TheRustonRustler Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: LA Tech
(09-26-2023 01:27 PM)army56mike Wrote:  La. Tech (1-0) 2-3 @ UTEP (0-1) 1-4 - Fri 9:00 CBSSN - >UTEP-1<
I can’t believe UTEP is favored in this one, even if it’s a home game. UTEP is a team I will never pick until they prove they can win a game. I am not all that confident in La. Tech, but way more confident than the Miners. The Bulldogs should be good enough to get a road win in this one.

I really want to be confident that the dogs can win, but 1,028 days without a road win makes me have my doubts. If our offense would play the entire game like it is the 4th quarter, we'd have a couple more wins than we have now. Hopefully the OC can recognize that and we can end the streak.
09-27-2023 11:01 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.