Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Time for the QB change?
Bookmark and Share
ucbrownsfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UC
Time for the QB change?
Not sure Jones is good enough, might as well give Brady Drogosh a chance for the future?

6th year senior and we're going nowhere

09-23-2023 02:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BearcatMan Online
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Time for the QB change?
No.

Stop.

09-23-2023 03:21 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
No. We don't have any experience compared to Jones and no one has his legs to make some broken plays. This is one of our worst OLine's in recent memory. John Williams looks like Lurch with two left feet out there. With all due respect to Jones, I'd rather him play behind this line and not get one of our younger guys killed that we need next season.

09-23-2023 03:35 PM
BearcatMan Online

I watched Drogosh play in 9 games in high school over rhe last two years. He will be a very good QB in a Saterfield Offense...but that isn't going to happen this year. He loved in a one-read scheme with superior athletes at every position in every game he played. He has to learn how to play QB in college before he's thrown to the wolves...for God's sake, he fumbled a hand-off in his second snap at EKU. He isn't ready yet and Lichtenburg is a VERY different QB...if our line was better I'd humor someone saying we could throw him out there and see, but they aren't. Emory is the best for what we have going on, and he isn't exactly playing badly.

09-23-2023 03:52 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

(09-23-2023 03:52 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I watched Drogosh play in 9 games in high school over rhe last two years. He will be a very good QB in a Saterfield Offense...but that isn't going to happen this year. He loved in a one-read scheme with superior athletes at every position in every game he played. He has to learn how to play QB in college before he's thrown to the wolves...for God's sake, he fumbled a hand-off in his second snap at EKU. He isn't ready yet and Lichtenburg is a VERY different QB...if our line was better I'd humor someone saying we could throw him out there and see, but they aren't. Emory is the best for what we have going on, and he isn't exactly playing badly.

Good points BMan. I think it's clear [thus far] Drogosh is the future.

09-23-2023 04:19 PM
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I'll add this too...disclaimer that I'm still in wait and see mode with CSS, but...how many new guys do we have on offense this year? Communication and timing is another issue along with lack of [depth] talent. Most likely looking at 2-3 after a hard road trip to Provo in a loud as shat stadium.

09-23-2023 04:40 PM
Advertisement

Tim Biddle Away
Banned

I Root For: Cincinnati baby!
It is time for a new quarterback.

09-24-2023 02:01 PM
Bcatbog Offline
1st String

I Root For: U of Cincy
IMO our goal is to be bowl eligible this year. The loss to Miami really hurt. IMO we played Oklahoma tough.

Until that goal is gone - Jones should be the QB.

If bowl eligibility is lost - time to move on.

Considering the roster devastation caused by Fickell leaving - I think we are surprisingly good.

Wanna blame a coach - blame Luke Fickell.

09-24-2023 03:25 PM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "
(09-23-2023 04:19 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(09-23-2023 03:52 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  I watched Drogosh play in 9 games in high school over rhe last two years. He will be a very good QB in a Saterfield Offense...but that isn't going to happen this year. He loved in a one-read scheme with superior athletes at every position in every game he played. He has to learn how to play QB in college before he's thrown to the wolves...for God's sake, he fumbled a hand-off in his second snap at EKU. He isn't ready yet and Lichtenburg is a VERY different QB...if our line was better I'd humor someone saying we could throw him out there and see, but they aren't. Emory is the best for what we have going on, and he isn't exactly playing badly.

Don't be surprised if Samaj gives him a go for it.....04-cheers

09-24-2023 03:44 PM
BearcatMan Online

(09-24-2023 03:44 PM)CincyBro Wrote:  
(09-23-2023 04:19 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Don't be surprised if Samaj gives him a go for it.....04-cheers

I'm not all that convinced that Semaj has the arm talent to be a major college QB. He is an exceptional athlete, but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he is more than a Prater type rating base on potential (albeit with a much better throwing motion and generally better accuracy).

09-24-2023 07:16 PM
Former Lurker Offline
All American

I Root For: UC...who else?
(09-24-2023 03:25 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  IMO our goal is to be bowl eligible this year. The loss to Miami really hurt. IMO we played Oklahoma tough.

Considering the roster devastation caused by Fickell leaving - I think we are surprisingly good.

Fair assessment. Getting bowl eligible would be great. I don’t think fans on this board have completely wrapped their head around Fickell’s failure to replace what we lost two years ago, and the extent of the defections after last season. Looks to me like Satterfield did a respectable job building the roster given what was in the portal, and the available NIL funds. If you look at Sagarin, we’re middle of the pack B12, and if we stay there, we’re probably where Fickell would have had us anyway.

(This post was last modified: 09-24-2023 07:20 PM by Former Lurker.)
09-24-2023 07:17 PM
Advertisement

Sweetness Offline
Special Teams

(09-24-2023 03:25 PM)Bcatbog Wrote:  IMO our goal is to be bowl eligible this year. The loss to Miami really hurt. IMO we played Oklahoma tough.

Having 13 red zone attempts and not scoring on over half of them can certainly be blamed on this coaching staff.

13 attempts with only 2 touchdowns and 4 fgs is pathetic no matter how you slice it.

09-24-2023 09:59 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
The entire offense is performing poorly, even the coaches. A QB change won’t help.

09-25-2023 04:50 AM
dave108 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: cincy

very good post - couldn't agree more

09-25-2023 07:07 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(09-24-2023 09:59 PM)Sweetness Wrote:  

Having 13 red zone attempts and not scoring on over half of them can certainly be blamed on this coaching staff.

13 attempts with only 2 touchdowns and 4 fgs is pathetic no matter how you slice it.

Satt's play calling gets so predictable and simplified in the redzone. We throw away an early down or two every time. His offense just doesn't seem very innovative for 2023 football.

He may end up great. I better hope he ends up great. UC and Satt still feels to me like a forced fit of parts that don't fit properly.

09-25-2023 07:54 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

Emory Jones is doing fine. Offense was basically thrown together this year. Not the QB's fault.

09-25-2023 08:12 AM
Advertisement

RealDeal Offline
Heisman

In the transfer portal era it's unlikely that you're going to keep the same guy 5 years but I don't think that means you burn a kid's redshirt unless it's clear he is the best option. If we continue to struggle and want to give him a look at the end of the year great. But I definitely think continuity both with the QB and completely new receivers and an OL that no one has played together for makes it unlikely that a QB change is going to be a magic bullet to make us efficient on offense.

09-25-2023 08:47 AM
Cat-Man Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(09-25-2023 08:12 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Emory Jones is doing fine. Offense was basically thrown together this year. Not the QB's fault.

I was waiting for you to say (tongue in cheek) "If we are going to change QB's, we might as well give Prater a shot to see what he can do". 03-lmfao04-cheers

09-25-2023 09:05 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(09-25-2023 08:12 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Emory Jones is doing fine. Offense was basically thrown together this year. Not the QB's fault.

03-lmfao

The incongruity of fan QB evaluation...

He makes Munchie look like a guy who worked through all of his progressions.

There are several reasons ASU lost 11 games last year. QB was one of em.

#FreeEvanPrater

09-25-2023 09:06 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-25-2023 09:06 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

The incongruity of fan QB evaluation...

He makes Munchie look like a guy who worked through all of his progressions.

There are several reasons ASU lost 11 games last year. QB was one of em.

#FreeEvanPrater

You've been waiting all of season for this moment, haven't you?

Do you have an updated Ben Bryant poster over your bed in his Northwestern uniform or is it still the UC one?

09-25-2023 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.