Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Adelson says nobody has flipped yet? Will ACC leadership fumble at the goal line?
ren.hoek Offline
1st String

I Root For: Clemson
Adelson says nobody has flipped yet? Will ACC leadership fumble at the goal line?
Totally expected if so
08-29-2023 07:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
RE: Adelson says nobody has flipped yet? Will ACC leadership fumble at the goal line?
(08-29-2023 07:21 PM)ren.hoek Wrote:  Totally expected if so

Wow, I didn't know she was invited to the meetings. Damn, must have missed that. 03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
08-29-2023 07:23 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

RE: Adelson says nobody has flipped yet? Will ACC leadership fumble at the goal line?
This is how the ACC works.

1. Would you like to consider expansion? (A majority vote needed that goes to a committee)
2. Who would like to consider? (Another majority vote that goes to a committee)
3. What are the potential details? (Executive Committee) Takes 4 of 6 to come back to the whole
4. Does anyone have a motion to make? (Takes 12 votes to add anyone and can be added one at a time or bundled)

There a lots of moving parts. This is why UNC had to be called up by Gene Corrigan and made to vote again to add FSU.

This is why Syracuse and BC didnt make it in 2003 when UVa made a motion to add just VT and Miami.

Phillips can have a preferred outcome and preferred parts, but if can be dissected at any time during the meeting unless the Executive Committee has managed to freeze the actual agenda.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023 07:30 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
08-29-2023 07:27 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
(08-29-2023 07:27 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  This is how the ACC works.

1. Would you like to consider expansion? (A majority vote needed that goes to a committee)
3. What are the potential details? (Executive Committee) Takes 4 of 6 to come back to the whole
4. Does anyone have a motion to make? (Takes 12 votes to add anyone and can be added one at a time or bundled)

There a lots of moving parts. This is why UNC had to be called up by Gene Corrigan and made to vote again to add FSU.

This is why Syracuse and BC didnt make it in 2003 when UVa made a motion to add just VT and Miami.

We’ll see but I have a hard time believing we’d be this far along if the votes weren’t there.
08-29-2023 07:31 PM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(08-29-2023 07:31 PM)Hallcity Wrote:  

We’ll see but I have a hard time believing we’d be this far along if the votes weren’t there.

If the UNC system schools were not amenable nothing would be happening. Now I suppose what NC State wants is to not be screwed again as it was with divisions in 2004 and does not agree to sacrifice games in the State of Va in favor of games in California. Just my guess. UNC will want the ability to protect a third rivalry game above all else.

These aren't addition issues these are technical operation issues.

I get the feeling that Clemson and FSU do not want to even allow a 9th game to count in the standings. Could be wrong.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023 07:38 PM by SouthernConfBoy.)
08-29-2023 07:36 PM
ChrisLords Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Virginia Tech
(08-29-2023 07:21 PM)ren.hoek Wrote:  Totally expected if so

I just don't want them to dick around enough until Stanford gets a better offer.

I think they get it done, though.
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023 08:15 PM by ChrisLords.)
08-29-2023 08:14 PM
Advertisement

Chris02m1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Syracuse
I think it will get done tomorrow evening or Thursday and you cant flip unless you vote
(This post was last modified: 08-29-2023 10:44 PM by Chris02m1.)
08-29-2023 09:22 PM
Hallcity Offline
1st String

I Root For: Duke
There was a Presidents meeting scheduled for Monday evening. It looked like adding Cal, Stanford and SMU was a done deal, that the meting was a formality. That meeting was cancelled because of the shooting on the UNC campus. As far as I know, the meeting hasn't been rescheduled. ACC Commissioner Phillips was scheduled to be in Dallas for a CFP meeting but it's been reported that he's only participating by video.

I think it's a good guess that problems have arisen. At some point, you have to fish or cut bait. I think we're there. Either get this thing done by Friday or give up on it. Dragging it out is a bad look. Having to give up on it would be a bad sign for the conference's future. The GOR will hold the conference together but it will be clear that there are fundamental disagreements within the conference.
08-30-2023 10:49 AM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
O ye of little faith.

I still think it’s going to happen this week.
08-30-2023 11:36 AM
dawgitall Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU/ASU/NCSU
I can't see holding a vote if they don't already know the outcome. And I would think a unanimous is what they really want. If Clemson flipped would NC publics and FSU go ahead and vote yes since they see the handwriting on the wall?

I'm personally hoping that they announce that no vote will be held and the member institutions have determined that the present 15 school conference is the appropriate one at this time. Praise the 3 schools that wanted to join and say no questions will be taken at this time.
08-30-2023 12:22 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA

Phillips can have a preferred outcome and preferred parts, but if can be dissected at any time during the meeting unless the Executive Committee has managed to freeze the actual agenda.

Due to the shooting at UNC, could this be put on the back burner until next summer?? The reason why I am asking for that far out would be to give football, basketball, baseball & lacrosse their proper spotlight before students head home for the summer. Then things can move in earnest again, and UNC will have had time to grieve over the death of its faculty member.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023 03:58 PM by DawgNBama.)
08-31-2023 03:57 PM
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(08-31-2023 03:57 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  

Due to the shooting at UNC, could this be put on the back burner until next summer?? The reason why I am asking for that far out would be to give football, basketball, baseball & lacrosse their proper spotlight before students head home for the summer. Then things can move in earnest again, and UNC will have had time to grieve over the death of its faculty member.

Not likely.

This was not a mass shooting but a single murder. Murder is bad, but it's not like a mass shooting.
08-31-2023 04:04 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
(08-31-2023 03:57 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  

Announced about an hour ago - the meeting has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...r-reports/
08-31-2023 04:20 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I would think it's not as simple as counting money and adding teams. There are some other considerations that have to be assured regarding football and basketball scheduling.

1. There needs to be a guarantee that a 10 day trip to the West Coast will be worked into the schedule so that a second game out there can be played or a side trip to Hawaii, etc.
Likewise, Stanford and Cal can spend 9 days in Raleigh, Atl, and NYC and play a 2 game road trip from each location.

2. The new schools need to be worked into the schedule fairly so that a repeat of division fiasco does not reoccur. If there are no football recruits in a state and the team there is not your historic rival, you should not be playing them every year.

3. Basketball will be the most malleable and the tournament set up in the air. You can make a half dozen changes but you can only piss off three schools regarding basketball.

I'm sure there are other issues.
08-31-2023 04:26 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-31-2023 04:26 PM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  2. The new schools need to be worked into the schedule fairly so that a repeat of division fiasco does not reoccur. If there are no football recruits in a state and the team there is not your historic rival, you should not be playing them every year.

Texas? California? Yeah, there are recruits there.
08-31-2023 04:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gitanole Offline
Barista

I Root For: Florida State
Andrea Adelson's latest report, since the statement by the UNC Board of Trustees against the proposed ACC expansion.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/st...ources-say
08-31-2023 11:05 PM
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

In the end, NC State is one of us...
04-cheers
09-01-2023 08:36 AM
curtis0620 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Pitt
(09-01-2023 08:36 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  In the end, NC State is one of us...
04-cheers

The Monty show says that they heard FSU, Clemson and UNC will leave within 5 years with a negotiated exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
09-01-2023 08:51 AM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-01-2023 08:51 AM)curtis0620 Wrote:  
(09-01-2023 08:36 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  In the end, NC State is one of us...
04-cheers

The Monty show says that they heard FSU, Clemson and UNC will leave within 5 years with a negotiated exit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as the negotiation went well, I'm fine with that.
09-01-2023 11:26 AM
random asian guy Offline
All American

I Root For: VT, Georgetown
(08-30-2023 11:36 AM)random asian guy Wrote:  O ye of little faith.

I still think it’s going to happen this week.

Do you now believe?

03-cloud9
09-01-2023 12:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.