Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PAC4 Member OSU Will Be Meeting With MWC Tomowrrow
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
PAC4 Member OSU Will Be Meeting With MWC Tomowrrow
OSU Officials Meeting With MWC Tomorrow

It seems that Gloria is meeting with WSU officials in Pullman as well. I think that is where OSU officials would be at as well. It is like a meet and greet first, and the two NW schools are not waiting on what Stanford wants to do.
08-23-2023 09:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PlayBall! Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
RE: PAC4 Member OSU Will Be Meeting With MWC Tomowrrow
Good! The MW --> PAC-2 merger has made the most sense.
08-23-2023 09:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Poster Offline
All American

I Root For: Auburn
They must know that Cal and Stanford are gone.
08-23-2023 09:59 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-23-2023 09:59 PM)Poster Wrote:  They must know that Cal and Stanford are gone.

I saw a tweet that is from Monty that said that SMU, California and Stanford are heading to the ACC. I am not sure if that is correct right just yet, but Stanford is not interested in rebuilding the PAC 12.
08-23-2023 10:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
There's no way Jim Williams suddenly has the story first on every single realignment angle everyday.
08-23-2023 10:05 PM
Poster Offline
All American

(08-23-2023 10:05 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  There's no way Jim Williams suddenly has the story first on every single realignment angle everyday.

Yeah, I would have ignored this story if I had realized it was a Jim Williams tweet.
08-23-2023 10:07 PM
Advertisement

DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-23-2023 10:05 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  There's no way Jim Williams suddenly has the story first on every single realignment angle everyday.

This is the most plausible outcome for the PAc 2 to just merge and keep the PAC name, and maybe keep the P5 status, and bring up a deserving FCS conference to replace the MWC conference. You still have several MWC schools that are P5 standards and should have a place at the big boy's table.
08-23-2023 10:08 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

It is also no secret that WSU is leaning towards MWC because of their debt issue, and OSU would be following along.
08-23-2023 10:14 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

KTVB Sports Director Out Of Boise Is Reporting About The Meeting

Quote:Sources say MW commissioner Gloria Nevarez will be in Pullman on Thursday to make her pitch to WSU.

I think this is where the Jim Williams report is coming from. OSU could be correct as well to listened to the pitch. Both schools would stay together.

Here is part two from above tweet.

Quote:It appears Oregon State and Washington State are in this together. Sources say they talk daily.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2023 10:21 PM by DavidSt.)
08-23-2023 10:18 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

247Sports Is Also Reporting It

Quote:MOUNTAIN WEST CONFERENCE commissioner Gloria Nevarez will be in Pullman on Thursday for what sources tell Cougfan.com are talks -- "exploratory in nature" -- about the idea of Washington State joining that conference. Nevarez will meet with WSU President Kirk Schulz, athletic director Pat Chun and the newly formed WSU Athletics Advisory Committee.

News of Nevarez's visit to Pullman was first reported by Jay Tust of KTVB-TV in Boise. Cougfan.com confirmed the visit with sources in position to know at WSU. Those sources characterized the purpose of the face-to-face as a "fact finding taking of temperatures, due diligence."
08-23-2023 10:30 PM
Poster Offline
All American

Well, it does seem like there’s quit a bit of smoke out there, even aside from Jim Williams. (Who I don’t trust at all.)
08-23-2023 10:32 PM
Advertisement

MonsterTigerBlue Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tigers!!!!!
Makes the most sense.
08-23-2023 10:37 PM
Utgrizfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Utah, Army, Montana
Is there a chance the BIG12 may look at snagging WSU and OSU at reduced shares? Remember an article mentioning they may look at it again and were only standing still because of the ACC shenanigans.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2023 11:38 PM by Utgrizfan.)
08-23-2023 11:35 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-23-2023 11:35 PM)Utgrizfan Wrote:  Is there a chance the BIG12 may look at snagging WSU and OSU at reduced shares? Remember an article mentioning they may look at it again and were only standing still because of the ACC shenanigans.

Even MWC schools would come into Big 12 at a reduced rates. The NW schools may need just more than Utah and BYU to cut cost down, but Boise State and UNR could help them better.
08-23-2023 11:58 PM
Utgrizfan Offline
Special Teams

(08-23-2023 11:58 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  
(08-23-2023 11:35 PM)Utgrizfan Wrote:  Is there a chance the BIG12 may look at snagging WSU and OSU at reduced shares? Remember an article mentioning they may look at it again and were only standing still because of the ACC shenanigans.

Even MWC schools would come into Big 12 at a reduced rates. The NW schools may need just more than Utah and BYU to cut cost down, but Boise State and UNR could help them better.

Logic would be for either FOX or ESPN to try and get more late night content options over the other and I think it could still be possible. If the ACC gets all 3 it would put them at 17 schools + ND, that could also encourage the BIG12 to expand for safety and to try and get some more money for Wazzu and OSU. I personally think they'd be good adds for the Conference and would help alot with travel/Pods:

WEST: OSU, Wazzu, Utah, BYU, Arizona, ASU

CENTRAL: Colorado, Kansas, KSU, TTU, OSU, Iowa State

EAST: TCU, Baylor, Houston, WVU, UCF, Cincy
08-24-2023 12:08 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-24-2023 12:08 AM)Utgrizfan Wrote:  
(08-23-2023 11:58 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  

Logic would be for either FOX or ESPN to try and get more late night content options over the other and I think it could still be possible. If the ACC gets all 3 it would put them at 17 schools + ND, that could also encourage the BIG12 to expand for safety and to try and get some more money for Wazzu and OSU. I personally think they'd be good adds for the Conference and would help alot with travel/Pods:

WEST: OSU, Wazzu, Utah, BYU, Arizona, ASU

CENTRAL: Colorado, Kansas, KSU, TTU, OSU, Iowa State

EAST: TCU, Baylor, Houston, WVU, UCF, Cincy

Or something like this.
West:OSU, UNR, Wazzu, Boise State, Utan, BYU, Fresno State, San Diego State
That would get the Big 12 into recruiting in the California market.

Central: Colorado, AirForce, Kansas, KSU, OSU, Iowa State, New Mexico, Texas Tech

East: TCU, Baylor, Houston, Tulane, WVU, Cin, Memphis, UAB, UCF, USF

Safty in numbers just in case they get plucked.
08-24-2023 12:17 AM
Advertisement

Garden_KC Offline
1st String

I Root For: Landscaping
XII probably wants to keep slots open for ACC membership down the road.

16 is quite big by historical stamdards. B1G and ACC had to be forcefed to grow to 18.
08-24-2023 12:18 AM
Utgrizfan Offline
Special Teams

(08-24-2023 12:18 AM)Garden_KC Wrote:  XII probably wants to keep slots open for ACC membership down the road.

16 is quite big by historical stamdards. B1G and ACC had to be forcefed to grow to 18.

Thats a fair point, in the Big10s case I think it was more an opportunity came up to snag Oregon and Washington for cheap. And I think even if they added Wazzu and OSU they could still get some ACC schools:

-SEC at 16 currently would probably get 4 (Clemson, FSU, UNC, NCSU)
https://twitter.com/murphsturph/status/1...2B4Fw&s=19

-Big10 at 18 could Get 2 (UVA, Miami)

-Big12 at 18 could get 2 (Louisville, GT/Duke)

Leaves the ACC with 9 schools and the ability to rebuild (personally have a hard time seeing any conference going above 20 teams unless ND wants to join the Big10).

Granted you're probably correct that the Big12 could get more value out of more ACC schools, I think the MWC + OSU and Wazzu with a few AAC Western teams would be a great conference.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2023 01:29 AM by Utgrizfan.)
08-24-2023 12:44 AM
Owls9878 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
Good. OSU and WSU will find a good home with the MWC schools. In all the realignment nonsense, the MWC conference configuration will make a lot of sense.
08-24-2023 06:53 AM
Tigerblud Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: LSU
If Oregon State and Washington state go to Mountain west and SMU goes to the ACC. Mountain West should be able to grab some AAC schools for their new contract.
08-24-2023 07:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.