Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Pretty interesting episode with Vivek at the Iowa State Fair
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
Pretty interesting episode with Vivek at the Iowa State Fair
Pretty interesting interaction between Vivek and an admittedly pan-sexual reporter ---

08-17-2023 02:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
RE: Pretty interesting episode with Vivek at the Iowa State Fair
We need more of this.
08-17-2023 02:21 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(08-17-2023 02:08 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  Pretty interesting interaction between Vivek and an admittedly pan-sexual reporter ---

He's simply articulating the view of most on the right.

He just does a better job of articulating it than most.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023 02:26 PM by oruvoice.)
08-17-2023 02:23 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Online
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
He is damn good.
What’s his views on Trump?
08-17-2023 02:24 PM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ECU
I mean, the vast majority of people on the right have this exact view. Obviously there are exceptions to that rule.

The left tries to obfuscate what most people believe, leave kids alone until their brains develop. Don't confuse them or let them make life altering decisions that cannot be undone. Pretty simple.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023 02:27 PM by WalkThePlank.)
08-17-2023 02:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
(08-17-2023 02:23 PM)oruvoice Wrote:  He's simply articulating the view of most of the right.

That is part of the problem... most people can't do it eloquently. He didn't attack the person, or try to say they were filth or groomers or pedos. He explained his views calmly, and rationally. The more I see of him the more I really like him.
08-17-2023 02:27 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-17-2023 02:24 PM)Was SoMs Eagle Wrote:  He is damn good.

He is generally supportive of Trump as having done a great job as President... though he delivers his support

If he doesn't get the nomination himself (and I suspect he won't) then I think he would be high on EVERYONE's list (including and perhaps especially Trump's) as a #2. He does a better job of articulating Trump than Trump does. He could be the bridge for someone like Christie to Trump voters.... if the zealots aren't so ingrained that they split the party and throw the election to Hillary/ Michelle or whomever the Dems run when Joe finally loses his protection and Kamala can't find the tune.
08-17-2023 02:36 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion

I put this in the Vivek thread today..

I listened to an interview..

He doesn't see Trump as an opponent but a colleague.

Sum of it was that while Trump created the MAGA movement, the movement will outlive Trump and we need to embrace it. MAGA represents putting America first and that should never be a bad thing. He believes we should strive to make this country better in each administration.
08-17-2023 02:38 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
(08-17-2023 02:36 PM)Hambone10 Wrote:  

He is generally supportive of Trump as having done a great job as President... though he delivers his support

If he doesn't get the nomination himself (and I suspect he won't) then I think he would be high on EVERYONE's list (including and perhaps especially Trump's) as a #2. He does a better job of articulating Trump than Trump does. He could be the bridge for someone like Christie to Trump voters.... if the zealots aren't so ingrained that they split the party and throw the election to Hillary/ Michelle or whomever the Dems run when Joe finally loses his protection and Kamala can't find the tune.

Chris Christie is sunk in the water.
08-17-2023 02:39 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2023 02:27 PM)mlb Wrote:  
(08-17-2023 02:23 PM)oruvoice Wrote:  He's simply articulating the view of most of the right.

That is part of the problem... most people can't do it eloquently. He didn't attack the person, or try to say they were filth or groomers or pedos. He explained his views calmly, and rationally. The more I see of him the more I really like him.

If only those on the right were as eloquent as Biden, Harris, Pelosi, Waters, Fetterman, et al.
08-17-2023 02:42 PM
MonarchManiac Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Every time I see him speak, I like him more. I think right now he gets my vote in this field. It won't matter - but I wish he would get the nomination.
08-17-2023 02:50 PM
Advertisement

oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2023 02:50 PM)MonarchManiac Wrote:  Every time I see him speak, I like him more. I think right now he gets my vote in this field. It won't matter - but I wish he would get the nomination.

VP maybe?
08-17-2023 02:56 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

He has stated unequivocally that he would not be interested. No hedging whatsoever in his answer to a #2, or to a cabinet post.
08-17-2023 02:57 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2023 02:57 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

He has stated unequivocally that he would not be interested. No hedging whatsoever in his answer to a #2, or to a cabinet post.

That's what they all say while still in the race.
08-17-2023 02:58 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2023 02:58 PM)oruvoice Wrote:  

Almost everyone gives a hedge answer of 'I am in this to win the Presidency'. Followed by 'I will do whatever is necessary or is asked of me.'

Ive seen/heard this asked of him three times, and the answer has been each time a flat 'No, I would not.' Period. No dancing around the edges whatsoever. Not even the first part.

I dont think I have ever heard that flat and stark of an answer before. That is why I say 'unequivocally'.

Example:

Quote:The Republican challenger was unequivocal Thursday to a question from “The Clay & Buck Show” host Buck Sexton, who asked: “If Trump were the nominee, would you consider being on a ticket with him?”

The successful entrepreneur did not equivocate: “I will be helpful to this country in whatever way I can, but I would not be number two or member of an administration,” Ramaswamy said.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023 03:06 PM by tanqtonic.)
08-17-2023 03:03 PM
oruvoice Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2023 03:03 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(08-17-2023 02:58 PM)oruvoice Wrote:  

Almost everyone gives a hedge answer of 'I am in this to win the Presidency'. Followed by 'I will do whatever is necessary or is asked of me.'

Ive seen/heard this asked of him three times, and the answer has been each time a flat 'No, I would not.' Period. No dancing around the edges whatsoever. Not even the first part.

I dont think I have ever heard that flat and stark of an answer before. That is why I say 'unequivocally'.

If he is offered the Vice Presidency, he'll take it.
08-17-2023 03:04 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
“In the name of fighting against the tyranny of the majority, we have created a tyranny of the minority, & I think that’s wrong” - Vivek

Beautiful
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023 03:11 PM by Bronco'14.)
08-17-2023 03:11 PM
Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
If he says 100% that he would not take vice president and then takes it that's a big issue with me for him. I'm sick of politicians just say things and they don't mean it crap. Don't care who it is and I do like Ramaswamey a lot. If he does that then he's not worth listening to since his words are wind.

Do the answer of I am just concentrating on winning the nomination right now if you are considering it at all.

Also it seems he is shifting his view where he was hitting on Trump even harder than I ever was on J6. Now he doesn't mention it seems to be trying to say he has always supported Trump 100%. There are politicians I still really like that have been behind Trump 100% of the time. Like Gaetz. I disagree with him on a few things, but still like him. That isn't the issue for me. I don't like the seeming flip flop. It is one video though so I'll have to see more interviews to see if he's fully reversed his positions. And of course there is a good chance he just follows through with his word on not becoming VP if he doesn't win.
08-17-2023 03:14 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
(08-17-2023 02:27 PM)mlb Wrote:  

None of us, both sides, could have done a better job...except maybe JR. I have a lot of respect for the old man (I say this because we're around the same age, LOL) and the way he presents his views. I'd vote for him for the presidency but he's too old. Ha, ha. Too bad for all of us, he'd make a great president.
08-17-2023 03:17 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Vivek shouldn’t be offered vice presidency if he can’t help win a purple state. There’s a reason VP’s have historically been picked from a purple state -> it tends to help.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2023 03:18 PM by Bronco'14.)
08-17-2023 03:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.