My Away Road Trips Rated Article
TexanMark Offline
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
My Away Road Trips Rated Article
https://www.nunesmagician.com/2023/8/7/2...trip-guide

Rates Cuse at Purdue, UNC, FSU, VTech, Yankee Stadium and GTech
08-11-2023 08:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
RE: My Away Road Trips Rated Article
(08-11-2023 08:14 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  https://www.nunesmagician.com/2023/8/7/2...trip-guide

I just skimmed over it (I'm at work now, have to read it later). It looks really good! I see you list VT as your 2nd-best road game, in part because you think it's an easy win. Wrong answer!
03-lmfao
08-11-2023 09:20 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Garrettabc Online
Heisman

I Root For: Florida State
Pretty much nailed it for the FSU trip. Lodging is so expensive, I don’t know why people pay it. For a less “podunk” town to stay at, try Thomasville, Ga (home of Charlie Ward) just 40 minutes from the Stadium, but those rooms may go fast.

Stuff to do: In Tallahassee I enjoy Mission San Luis, a living history museum and it’s just a mile from the Stadium. Cascades Park is a great family park and near it is Proof Brewery, Railroad Square and College town which you should do all 4 together since they are so close.

Outside of Tallahassee, Wakulla Springs State park is a must. You can also rent canoes to paddle the Wakulla river (google it). The St.Marks light house is also not much further and you could make it a day just doing these things.

A bit further: If you feel like making it a day or more sight seeing and going to the beach, you could drive directly to Panama City Beach (2 hrs from Tally) and the other beach towns on highway 30A. For a slower paced adventure from Tallahassee, head south on Crawfordville Highway then West on the Coastal Highway 98. You’ll pass through Ocholocknee Bay, Panacea, Carabelle, East Point, Apalachicola, etc. The scenery is nice and be sure to stop at the seafood restaurants and museums that dot the coast. St.George Island State Park is a popular beach that many Tallahassee residents frequent, follow the signs when you get to East Point, just over the bridge and when you get to the island take a left, the road ends at the Park.

Restaurants: I don’t eat out much, but I never been disappointed with Kool Beanz Cafe in Tallahassee.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2023 11:49 AM by Garrettabc.)
08-11-2023 11:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TexanMark Offline
Legend

Any others with recommendations of things I missed?
08-19-2023 05:34 PM
Wolfman Offline
All American

I Root For: The Cartel
Let your inner nerd out at Morehead Planetarium in Chapel Hill.

Morehead Planetarium
08-20-2023 08:24 AM
Advertisement

SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: ASU
There is just one hotel between Pittsboro and Chapel Hill

Burlington and Mebane have some hotels near I-40/85 that put you on the west side of Chapel Hill. Downtown Hillsboro is historic and somewhat interesting and tied to Chapel Hill with a 250 year old umbilical cord.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023 11:12 AM by SouthernConfBoy.)
08-20-2023 11:08 AM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(08-11-2023 09:20 AM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(08-11-2023 08:14 AM)TexanMark Wrote:  https://www.nunesmagician.com/2023/8/7/2...trip-guide

I just skimmed over it (I'm at work now, have to read it later). It looks really good! I see you list VT as your 2nd-best road game, in part because you think it's an easy win. Wrong answer!
03-lmfao

You can't get a room on gameday in the NRV on game day unless you stay in Wytheville or Lexington both about an hour away.
(This post was last modified: 08-20-2023 11:16 AM by SouthernConfBoy.)
08-20-2023 11:15 AM
Advertisement

XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(08-20-2023 11:08 AM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  There is just one hotel between Pittsboro and Chapel Hill

Burlington and Mebane have some hotels near I-40/85 that put you on the west side of Chapel Hill. Downtown Hillsboro is historic and somewhat interesting and tied to Chapel Hill with a 250 year old umbilical cord.

The Hyatt Place is a convenient spot and a man of TexanMark's means would probably enjoy the Fearrington House Inn.
08-20-2023 11:20 AM
SouthernConfBoy Offline
1st String

(08-20-2023 11:20 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(08-20-2023 11:08 AM)SouthernConfBoy Wrote:  There is just one hotel between Pittsboro and Chapel Hill

The Hyatt Place is a convenient spot and a man of TexanMark's means would probably enjoy the Fearrington House Inn.

The Fearington House is not worth $500 a night.
08-20-2023 11:42 AM
TexanMark Offline
Legend

HokieMark...a trip to VTech is held in high regard among Cuse fans. Wish our game was on a Saturday though.
08-20-2023 01:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.