Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News DOJ Asks Judge to Send Devon Archer to Prison in Alleged Attempt to Obstruct Congress
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
DOJ Asks Judge to Send Devon Archer to Prison in Alleged Attempt to Obstruct Congress
Quote:Rep. James Comer broke some interesting news Sunday morning while appearing on Fox News with Maria Bartiromo.

During the segment, Bartiromo produced a letter sent by the DOJ to the judge handling Devon Archer’s criminal case. It contained a request to set a surrender date for him to report to prison.

The unusual timing was an immediate topic of discussion between Comer and Bartiromo because Archer is set to speak to House investigators on Monday.

Bartiromo: By the way, Devon Archer is testifying on Monday. Do you ever see – you usually see – the DOJ send letters like this out on a Saturday?

Comer: Never, never. This is the first time I’ve ever heard of the Department of Justice doing anything on a Saturday.

Bartiromo: So what is this letter? Can you walk us through it? The government is apprising the court of the status of Devon Archer’s appeal of his judgment of conviction, and they request that the court set a surrender date for the defendant to report to a facility. Please walk us through what this letter says.

Comer: Yeah, the letter from the Department of Justice is trying to nudge the judge to go ahead and sentence Devon Archer for something unrelated to what we’re going to be talking to him about tomorrow. It’s odd that it was issued on a Saturday, and it’s odd that it’s right before he’s scheduled to come in to have an opportunity to speak in front of the House Oversight Committee and tell the American people the truth about what really went on with Burisma.

So, you know, I don’t know if this is a coincidence, Maria, or this is another example of the weaponization of the Department of Justice, but I can tell you this: The lengths to which the Biden legal team has gone to try to intimidate our witnesses, to coordinate with the Department of Justice, and to certainly coordinate with the Democrats on the House Oversight Committee, to encourage people not to cooperate with our investigation, to encourage banks not to turn over bank records, to encourage Treasury not to let us have access to those Suspicious Activity Reports – it’s very troubling.

And I believe that this is another violation of the law. This is obstruction of justice. But nevertheless, we’re going to continue to move forward and try to present the American people with the facts and the truth about this president and his family.

As Comer notes, it’s unusual for the DOJ to take this kind of procedural step on a weekend. Is it just a coincidence that days before Archer is set to testify, the federal government is suddenly trying to fast-track his imprisonment based on unrelated charges? No one can say for sure at this point, but that’s a pretty big coincidence given he lost his appeal nearly two months prior.

Certainly, allegations that the DOJ is seeking to stop Archer from cooperating long-term with the House investigation into the Bidens seem credible. Unless the judge does something crazy, it’s extremely unlikely his testimony on Monday will be prevented. If he has to report to prison soon after, though, that would severely hamper House investigators from continuing to garner information from him going forward.

Given the complexity of the situation, it will be nearly impossible for Comer and his colleagues to fully tap everything Archer knows in one interview. Initial answers will need to be cross-checked with other evidence which will inevitably lead to more in-depth inquiries in the future. Never mind that such a request from the DOJ on the eve of speaking to House investigators could be construed as intimidation. It sure feels like a brush-back pitch, and Comer went so far in his interview with Bartiromo to claim obstruction of justice is taking place.

Regardless, Comer pledged to keep moving forward, and the letter sent on Saturday will probably only encourage House investigators to dig even deeper in the short period of time they have.

Link

Quote:BREAKING: The DOJ is attempting to arrest Devon Archer just hours before he's scheduled to testify on Monday about the Biden's corruption and foreign influence peddling scheme. SDNY Damian Williams issued the letter Saturday telling Judge Abrams to order Devon Archer to surrender IMMEDIATELY.

Bartiromo: "Do you usually see the DOJ send letters like this out on a Saturday?"

Rep. Comer: "Never. This is the first time I've ever heard of the DOJ doing anything on a Saturday....The lengths to which the Biden legal team has gone to try and intimidate our witnesses, to coordinate with the DOJ...this is another violation of the law, this is obstruction of justice."
07-30-2023 11:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: DOJ Asks Judge to Send Devon Archer to Prison in Alleged Attempt to Obstruct Congress
Banana Republic
07-30-2023 12:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: DOJ Asks Judge to Send Devon Archer to Prison in Alleged Attempt to Obstruct Congress
1. So out front about it that they don’t care they everyone knows what they’re doing

2. It’s not so much Garland as it’s Lisa Monaco doing. Yet she was approved by many GOP senators despite them knowing her corrupt past history
07-30-2023 12:27 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Below is merely the LATEST example of the Biden Administration DOJ doing their damndest to impede or obstruct active investigations involving the Big Guy and his idiot crack-smoking son Hunter.

The lengths to which the Biden legal team has gone to try to intimidate our witnesses, to coordinate with the Department of Justice, and to certainly coordinate with the Democrats on the House Oversight Committee, to encourage people not to cooperate with our investigation, to encourage banks not to turn over bank records, to encourage Treasury not to let us have access to those Suspicious Activity Reports – it’s very troubling.

And I believe that this is another violation of the law. This is obstruction of justice.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023 12:52 PM by boss man.)
07-30-2023 12:51 PM
BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-30-2023 12:27 PM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  1. So out front about it that they don’t care that everyone knows what they’re doing

2. It’s not so much Garland as it’s Lisa Monaco doing. Yet she was approved by many GOP senators despite them knowing her corrupt past
07-30-2023 12:55 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Those crooks will do anything to keep the truth from getting out.
07-30-2023 12:56 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(07-30-2023 12:21 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Banana Republic

About the only thing left that separates us is that the DOJ still needs to coordinate with other departments to get someone out of the public eye. In the true banana republics Archer would simply be disappeared or suicided.

I can see a time in the not too distant future where it will be like that here though. Hell, who am I kidding, it's probably already happening.
07-30-2023 01:12 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State

[Image: 1]
07-30-2023 08:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
usmbacker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Beer
This proves how scared the DOJ, Dems, FBI and Biden are of this man. I won't be surprised if he dies of a sudden heart attack tonight.
07-30-2023 08:47 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
The statement his lawyer made, noted by Catherine Herridge, concerns me greatly.
07-30-2023 08:52 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
DOJ Asks Judge to Send Devon Archer to Prison in Alleged Attempt to Obstruct Congress
It's a request for the court to set a date since the DOJ and defense don't agree. He'll be available to testify tomorrow

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
07-30-2023 09:52 PM
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
No, but the Biden lawyer mentioned that Archer "did not believe the speculation" about this being a chilling event or a warning. She circled it. And I noted it prior to her input. Everyone thinks Archer will sink the Bidens, but if he does not, the opinion of the weak (which is the majority) will not be in favor of the Red Team.
07-30-2023 10:09 PM
UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
Archer needs to figure out quickly that he and a couple of others are going to be the fall guys for the Bidens* if they dont cooperate and take the Bidens down.
(This post was last modified: 07-30-2023 10:20 PM by UofMstateU.)
07-30-2023 10:20 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(07-30-2023 09:52 PM)fsquid Wrote:  It's a request for the court to set a date since the DOJ and defense don't agree. He'll be available to testify tomorrow

As he was all along. These jokers REALLY need to start heeding their own advice before entertaining their wild-ass conspiracies. 07-coffee3
07-31-2023 06:37 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(07-30-2023 08:47 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  This proves how scared the DOJ, Dems, FBI and Biden are of this man. I won't be surprised if he dies of a sudden heart attack tonight.

04-bs Can you not read? There is nothing stopping him from testifying before OR after the request to set a surrender date. Not to mention that the DOJ nowhere asked a judge to send the guy to prison first.
07-31-2023 06:41 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(07-30-2023 10:20 PM)UofMstateU Wrote:  Archer needs to figure out quickly that he and a couple of others are going to be the fall guys for the Bidens* if they dont cooperate and take the Bidens down.

Same for a couple employees in South Florida... 07-coffee3
07-31-2023 06:43 AM
Advertisement

BigTigerMike Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-31-2023 06:41 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(07-30-2023 08:47 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  This proves how scared the DOJ, Dems, FBI and Biden are of this man. I won't be surprised if he dies of a sudden heart attack tonight.

04-bs Can you not read? There is nothing stopping him from testifying before OR after the request to set a surrender date. Not to mention that the DOJ nowhere asked a judge to send the guy to prison first.

DOJ typically doesn’t send letters to a judge on a Saturday and the letter could had been sent a couple of days later say a Tuesday as there’s no need to rush to a judge on a Saturday. Yes he can still testify and it’s not being blocked but the point is to send him a message. It’s intimidation
07-31-2023 06:56 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

(07-31-2023 06:56 AM)BigTigerMike Wrote:  
(07-31-2023 06:41 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

DOJ typically doesn’t send letters to a judge on a Saturday and the letter could had been sent a couple of days later say a Tuesday as there’s no need to rush to a judge on a Saturday. Yes he can still testify and it’s not being blocked but the point is to send him a message. It’s intimidation

Don't expect those possessed of limited intellect to understand a word of what you just said.
07-31-2023 07:55 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I wonder what it's like in the head space of someone who believes fervently that our government is well meaning and incapable of devious actions.
07-31-2023 07:56 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(07-31-2023 07:56 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  I wonder what it's like in the head space of someone who believes fervently that our government is well meaning and incapable of devious actions.

Do you really want to know that?
07-31-2023 08:27 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.