Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Colorado and Arizona OUGHT to move to the BigXII
TeleCoog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
Colorado and Arizona OUGHT to move to the BigXII
To stir the pot:

Waiting things out isn't going to change the arithmetic, the PAC will be receiving less than the BigXII. There are no additions that can change that, short-term or long-term. They can stay in PAC and slowly drop to the level of the AAC. Or they can move and stay somewhat relevant.
07-25-2023 04:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TeleCoog Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
RE: Colorado and Arizona OUGHT to move to the BigXII
Well, shoot! I didn't mean to post this three times . That ought to drive down my already pathetic rating.

I tried the delete function without success.
07-25-2023 04:29 PM
Huan Offline
1st String

I Root For: TTU, USA,
I say the big 12 should not take any western team without a 4th broadcast window agreement in addition to the prorata. Without the additional broadcast additions would dilute the exposure of current members.
07-25-2023 04:30 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NAU/Illini
(07-25-2023 04:22 PM)TeleCoog Wrote:  To stir the pot:

Waiting things out isn't going to change the arithmetic, the PAC will be receiving less than the BigXII. There are no additions that can change that, short-term or long-term. They can stay in PAC and slowly drop to the level of the AAC. Or they can move and stay somewhat relevant.

Ever notice how it is the P5 newbies that are the most anti-Pac12 and seem to be delighting in potential issues?

Not sure why - new kid syndrome? Inadequecy?

Arizona and Colorado, from every metric, are Pac 10 schools, not Big 12 schools. Only if the money difference is too much would they consider it.

Pac 10 as it is now is light-years ahead of the AAC, which is no longer even the top G5
07-25-2023 04:59 PM
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
These two are fine just where they are at. They are not going anywhere for a very long time.
07-25-2023 07:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CFBLurker Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulsa,Oklahoma

There is an unknown financial gap at this point.

Flying your women's sports to Florida,Ohio and West Virginia costs money and there is the brand value loss of being associated with Big 12 schools

07-coffee3
07-25-2023 07:28 PM
Advertisement

Pat125 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Maryland
(07-25-2023 07:04 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  These two are fine just where they are at. They are not going anywhere for a very long time.

What’s a very long time? The amount of time it takes Kliavkoff to negotiate a deal that will be completed “soon”? It’s about time for Kliavkoff to convince Colorado and others the PAC is the way to go and stop equivocating.

NJTerp
07-25-2023 08:42 PM
PicksUp Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTEP, Texas
(07-25-2023 08:42 PM)Pat125 Wrote:  
(07-25-2023 07:04 PM)DavidSt Wrote:  These two are fine just where they are at. They are not going anywhere for a very long time.

What’s a very long time? The amount of time it takes Kliavkoff to negotiate a deal that will be completed “soon”? It’s about time for Kliavkoff to convince Colorado and others the PAC is the way to go and stop equivocating.

NJTerp

Colorado and others are free to leave and have been free to leave since USC and UCLA left. If theyre so unhappy they should have left already04-rock
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2023 09:36 PM by PicksUp.)
07-25-2023 09:35 PM
Pat125 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Maryland
(07-25-2023 09:35 PM)PicksUp Wrote:  
(07-25-2023 08:42 PM)Pat125 Wrote:  

NJTerp

Colorado and others are free to leave and have been free to leave since USC and UCLA left. If theyre so unhappy they should have left already04-rock

Good point. Colorado and others could be blowing the same smoke over the past few months or so as Kliavkoff has done. Guess we’ll know more if and when a media deal happens.

NJTerp
07-25-2023 09:49 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(07-25-2023 07:28 PM)CFBLurker Wrote:  

There is an unknown financial gap at this point.

Flying your women's sports to Florida,Ohio and West Virginia costs money and there is the brand value loss of being associated with Big 12 schools

07-coffee3

The only Pac school left for the Arizonas that's driving distance is the other Arizona school. Everyone else is a flight, and not just a 30 minute hop, either. UCF, WV and Cincy are certainly further away than UW/UO/WSU/Or St, but they're not THAT much further. Plus the rest of the big 12 trips would be similar to their current travel in the Pac. It's not like USCLA where everyone is 2-3k miles away. Their issue is not the trip lengths, or the women's sports, it's the financial gap and potential risk that gap only gets larger over time, while the big 12 starts looking eastward instead of westward for future expansion. That's not an issue for the 4c today or tomorrow, or next month, but next year? in 5 years? It might be by then. Perhaps the coaches can convince the Admins that their competitiveness across a range of sports would be enhanced if they joined the big 12, but that's not certain for every school (with Utah being highly likely to maintain greater competitiveness in the Pac for example).
07-25-2023 09:58 PM
Bobcats2011 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: TXST / SMU / All of TX
(07-25-2023 04:59 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  

Ever notice how it is the P5 newbies that are the most anti-Pac12 and seem to be delighting in potential issues?

Arizona and Colorado, from every metric, are Pac 10 schools, not Big 12 schools. Only if the money difference is too much would they consider it.

Pac 10 as it is now is light-years ahead of the AAC, which is no longer even the top G5

Lol. What. Colorado was a Big12 school longer than it’s been a PAC school. It also has even more history with its remaining big 8 foes.

Agree with last statement, AAC is definitely no longer top G5. They are hanging on by ECU, Navy, SMU, and Memphis. And the one week USF reached #3 10+ years ago
07-25-2023 10:32 PM
Advertisement

dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-25-2023 10:32 PM)Bobcats2011 Wrote:  

Lol. What. Colorado was a Big12 school longer than it’s been a PAC school. It also has even more history with its remaining big 8 foes.

Agree with last statement, AAC is definitely no longer top G5. They are hanging on by ECU, Navy, SMU, and Memphis. And the one week USF reached #3 10+ years ago

Past history with Colorado. Nebraska's gone. Oklahoma's gone.

Culturally, Colorado is a Pac-10 school.

Student base, they are a Pac-10 school.

There is a reason they moved (and not just because of Texas).

As said upthread, if Colorado was so enamored with the Big 12, why haven't they moved already?

Short answer - they want to stay in a West Coast League, if possible.
07-26-2023 01:06 PM
indydoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati

care to elaborate on that?
07-26-2023 01:16 PM
indydoug Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Cincinnati
(07-26-2023 01:06 PM)dbackjon Wrote:  
(07-25-2023 10:32 PM)Bobcats2011 Wrote:  

Past history with Colorado. Nebraska's gone. Oklahoma's gone.

Culturally, Colorado is a Pac-10 school.

Student base, they are a Pac-10 school.

There is a reason they moved (and not just because of Texas).

As said upthread, if Colorado was so enamored with the Big 12, why haven't they moved already?

Short answer - they want to stay in a West Coast League, if possible.

How about waiting on P-12 media details to make an informed decision as a reason why?
07-26-2023 01:18 PM
DawgNBama Offline
the Rush Limbaugh of CSNBBS

I Root For: conservativism/MAGA

Would UofO (Oregon) and Washington be interested in the B1G if the money received from both conferences/leagues was comparable, dbackjon?? I would say that neither would move on.
07-26-2023 01:18 PM
dbackjon Offline
Hall of Famer

(07-26-2023 01:18 PM)DawgNBama Wrote:  

Would UofO (Oregon) and Washington be interested in the B1G if the money received from both conferences/leagues was comparable, dbackjon?? I would say that neither would move on.

If Pac-12 money was comparable to B1G money, doubt that USC and UCLA would move, either.
07-26-2023 01:24 PM
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army

It’s almost always UCF, Cincinnati and Houston fans pulling this hose Shet, agreed.
07-26-2023 01:29 PM
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH

Don’t really think this is true. UCF, Houston, and Cincy just have more posters on this site than the other big 12 schools.
07-26-2023 01:30 PM
Gitanole Offline
Barista

I Root For: Florida State

Every president in the PAC knows how things look for every other president in the PAC. So does the commissioner. So does anyone else who has paid any attention all these months.

Plan A = B1G (Plan A1 = SEC)
Plan B = PAC (make it work)
Plan C = ACC (see what can be arranged)
Plan D = B12 (conference of last resort acts as G5 backstop)

I don't know why it frustrates people that PAC schools don't talk about Plan D more often than they do. How often does anybody?
(This post was last modified: 07-26-2023 01:33 PM by Gitanole.)
07-26-2023 01:32 PM
EatEmUp11 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Sam Houston State
Wow!
07-26-2023 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.