UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UAB didn't lose to Tennessee in 2019 now! - Had to vacate
jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
UAB didn't lose to Tennessee in 2019 now! - Had to vacate
Although the score and stats and all that stuff is there, we get an asterisk as Tennessee is forced to vacate all wins from 2019 and from 2020. UAB was one of those with a 30-7 defeat. Wish it was a forfeit instead of a vacate though

Guess we can also say that Tennessee couldn't beat TN-Martin back in 2019, lol
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2023 09:25 PM by jaymay2525.)
07-15-2023 09:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

jaymay2525 Offline
All American

I Root For:
RE: UAB didn't lose to Tennessee in 2019 now! - Had to vacate
NM

Definition
A vacated victory is distinct from a forfeit, which simply reverses the outcome of a contest: when a game is forfeited, the team that won records a loss and the team that lost records a win.[4][5] By comparison, a vacated win only removes regular season and tournament wins from the record of the penalized team.[4] The opposing, non-penalized team retains all losses corresponding to vacated games in the regular season (although tournament losses are stricken).[5]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2023 09:27 PM by jaymay2525.)
07-15-2023 09:26 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB
Now two vacated $EC games
The checks been cashed
[Image: shawty-lo-run.gif]
(This post was last modified: 07-15-2023 11:32 PM by C-Finder.)
07-15-2023 11:24 PM
AssKickingChicken Offline
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
Why did the NCAA switch from forfeits to vacating games?
07-23-2023 06:41 AM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(07-23-2023 06:41 AM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  Why did the NCAA switch from forfeits to vacating games?

Don’t know, don’t really care. We all saw what happened on the field. That game may have been the most embarrassing of the Clark era.
07-23-2023 08:28 AM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

(07-23-2023 08:28 AM)blazers9911 Wrote:  
(07-23-2023 06:41 AM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  Why did the NCAA switch from forfeits to vacating games?

Don’t know, don’t really care. We all saw what happened on the field. That game may have been the most embarrassing of the Clark era.

No, that was the 37-2 loss the week after to Southern Miss. Definitely the worst 2-week period.
07-23-2023 09:44 AM
DuelingDragon Offline
All American

Neither one of those. It is a silly narrative around the Tennessee game. We turned it over 3 three times in the first 5 minutes. That had nothing to do with “not trying to win” — heck we held Tennessee to field goals in several horrible situations. Same for the A&M game, we gave up s turnover touchdown on the opening kickoff, missed field goals we usually make, etc.

The most embarrassing loss of the Clark era was our best team in school history getting punked by Coastal Carolina. The 2nd was losing homecoming to Rice and giving others in the conference courage to stand up to the bully. The third was not having the guts to give the ball to McBride and close out UTSA and go win another championship, because if we do that one, no one might even being talking about UTSA right now and instead UAB might be “that team.”
07-23-2023 10:37 AM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Online
Heisman

Donators
i am still furious about this call by clark ,,,,,the reaction of the fans from this call and the response from her family about the critic was the moment that clark decide to leave UAB ....THAT IS my opinion and I am sticking with it :)
07-23-2023 01:21 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

Astoundingly the Blazers still made it to Kiffin's Going Away Party (2019 C-USA Championship Game, where we got cooked 04-chairshot)

Yep that 4th and inches against UTSA is gonna haunt us for years 03-pissed
07-23-2023 03:47 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
The most embarrassing game to me in the Clark tenure was the championship game against FAU. Close 2nds and 3rds were the USM game and the UT game that same season. Getting beat like clockwork by inferior teams on our first road game of the season REALLY sucked, but can't quite put a "ranking" on those games.

The scared call against UTSA was absolutely and will always be the WRONG call, and firmly showed me that Clark wasn't the guy to take us to the next level.

He was a good coach to build a culture and establish a baseline at a place that had traditionally been a dumpster fire - IMO he was no more than that, and no less. A good coach, but not a great one. He, and Vincent, ALWAYS played not to lose. They almost never knocked an opponent out - at least the good ones - when they had them on the ropes. That style and philosophy of coaching can only take you so far. We reached our ceiling with them.

I agree with blazers. We got whupped and embarrassed by UT, no matter how strong our defense showed up. Who cares if UT "vacates" the win. We were embarrassed, and that never goes away.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2023 04:20 PM by The Answer UAB.)
07-23-2023 04:18 PM
Advertisement

C-Finder Offline
All American

Paying recruits using Chick-fil-A bags is 03-lmfao
07-23-2023 04:28 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(07-23-2023 10:37 AM)DuelingDragon Wrote:  Neither one of those. It is a silly narrative around the Tennessee game. We turned it over 3 three times in the first 5 minutes. That had nothing to do with “not trying to win” — heck we held Tennessee to field goals in several horrible situations. Same for the A&M game, we gave up s turnover touchdown on the opening kickoff, missed field goals we usually make, etc.

The most embarrassing loss of the Clark era was our best team in school history getting punked by Coastal Carolina. The 2nd was losing homecoming to Rice and giving others in the conference courage to stand up to the bully. The third was not having the guts to give the ball to McBride and close out UTSA and go win another championship, because if we do that one, no one might even being talking about UTSA right now and instead UAB might be “that team.”

Agree to disagree. Southern Miss wasn’t nice, but the TN game was a lead up to that. I don’t believe in taking games off, and we took TN off. Even after the turnover **** show, we were still in that game because our defense was elite. We didn’t do a thing to try and win that game.

The A&M game was a much better effort overall than Tennessee . We had some things go wrong that game, but effort wasn’t one of them.
07-23-2023 05:25 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

07-27-2023 02:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.