Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Google Ads in trouble?
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Google Ads in trouble?
Seems that google might not be following their own ad placement guidelines.

07-05-2023 05:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

andybible1995 Online
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
RE: Google Ads in trouble?
(07-05-2023 05:10 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  Seems that google might not be following their own ad placement guidelines.

YouTube has been dead for a long time. This would just be the final nail in the coffin.
07-05-2023 05:28 PM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
unless you pay for no ads, youtube is almost unusable at this point...

fk them, too...

somehow, I made it this far w/o paying for shite ... I'm certain I'll be just dandy tomorrow, too....

fwiw, pay att'n to this site ... it's gaining on it as well...
07-05-2023 05:31 PM
Advertisement

TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
Has anybody actually watched the video? I watched about half of it, plus a lot of the ending. So, most of it.

The guy doing the video is actually showing why that article written by somebody else is BS. He is an advertiser on YouTube, and gave multiple examples of where the author is either incorrect, b/c she doesn't understand how Google ads work, or she is outright lying. And some examples where the advertisers are causing the problems, not Google.

BUT, the video dude does say it could cause Google some issues, b/c big advertisers will look at this stuff and pull ads without asking questions. And in return, this will actually hurt legit creators.

Video dude closes by saying he is certain this is just an attack on Google to cause it to lose ad revenue. For whatever reason.

Before anybody accuses me of being a Google lover, I couldn't care less about Google, but right is right. The original article is wrong, and even the title by the video content creator is misleading, probably to get clicks.
07-05-2023 06:04 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
I’m just glad Gab is continuing to roll out new features like GabTV so I can get uncensored content that is automatically removed from YouTube.
07-05-2023 07:01 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Rumble is the superior alternative to YouTube.
07-05-2023 08:35 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(07-05-2023 06:04 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Has anybody actually watched the video? I watched about half of it, plus a lot of the ending. So, most of it.

The guy doing the video is actually showing why that article written by somebody else is BS. He is an advertiser on YouTube, and gave multiple examples of where the author is either incorrect, b/c she doesn't understand how Google ads work, or she is outright lying. And some examples where the advertisers are causing the problems, not Google.

BUT, the video dude does say it could cause Google some issues, b/c big advertisers will look at this stuff and pull ads without asking questions. And in return, this will actually hurt legit creators.

Video dude closes by saying he is certain this is just an attack on Google to cause it to lose ad revenue. For whatever reason.

Before anybody accuses me of being a Google lover, I couldn't care less about Google, but right is right. The original article is wrong, and even the title by the video content creator is misleading, probably to get clicks.

Thanks for the breakdown. I started watching until he started talking about the cat in his lap. That was enough.
07-05-2023 09:37 PM
Advertisement

Todor Offline
Heisman

(07-05-2023 08:35 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Rumble is the superior alternative to YouTube.

Rumble is very good. I still trust Gab more, but Rumble is hard to beat for volume of content.
07-05-2023 10:28 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(07-05-2023 10:28 PM)Todor Wrote:  
(07-05-2023 08:35 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Rumble is the superior alternative to YouTube.

Rumble is very good. I still trust Gab more, but Rumble is hard to beat for volume of content.

Gab is pretty good, but like all the mainstream sites, you'd do well to fact check anything you read there before you believe it. Lots and lots of lies get posted on Gab. Don't take that the wrong way, I certainly prefer ME to do the research and decide what's truth than a bunch of left wing soy boys to do it for me.

Just sayin'.
07-06-2023 08:13 AM
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ

Does Rumble show you how to fix stuff in the house and on your car? That sort of things.
07-06-2023 01:48 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

(07-06-2023 08:13 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(07-05-2023 10:28 PM)Todor Wrote:  

Gab is pretty good, but like all the mainstream sites, you'd do well to fact check anything you read there before you believe it. Lots and lots of lies get posted on Gab. Don't take that the wrong way, I certainly prefer ME to do the research and decide what's truth than a bunch of left wing soy boys to do it for me.

Just sayin'.

Right. I agree. It’s not that I trust any of the content on Gab more, I just trust the company more. If it’s legal speech, you can say it on Gab. No censoring of opinions as long as it’s covered under the First. No take down requests from other countries citing their laws.

To me, you either allow any legal speech or you don’t. And while Rumble “mostly” does, it still doesn’t. In a practical matter, it probably doesn’t make much difference. But on principle, it’s worth noting, to me at least.
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2023 02:12 PM by Todor.)
07-06-2023 02:11 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(07-06-2023 02:11 PM)Todor Wrote:  Right. I agree. It’s not that I trust any of the content on Gab more, I just trust the company more. If it’s legal speech, you can say it on Gab. No censoring of opinions as long as it’s covered under the First. No take down requests from other countries citing their laws.

To me, you either allow any legal speech or you don’t. And while Rumble “mostly” does, it still doesn’t. In a practical matter, it probably doesn’t make much difference. But on principle, it’s worth noting, to me at least.

Speaking of, posted on Gab:

[Image: a7f3e185c2ba8410.jpg]
07-06-2023 02:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.