Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Bill de Blasio & wife to separate, live in same house while his wife dates other men
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Bill de Blasio & wife to separate, live in same house while his wife dates other men
Quote:[Image: original_DeBlasio.jpg?1688570332]

On Wednesday, former New York City mayor Bill de Blasio and his wife, Chirlane McCray, announced that they were separating after nearly 30 years of marriage.

The now ex-couple explained that under the new arrangement, they would continue living together in their Brooklyn townhouse while seeing other people.

In an interview with the New York Times, De Blasio and McCray broke down the reasons behind their decision, explaining that things had been less than optimal in their relationship for a number of years.

De Blasio told the Times that while he and McCray were sitting on the couch one Saturday night earlier this year, he asked her why she had stopped being "lovey dovey." The question sparked a conversation, and just hours later, they came to the mutual conclusion that their marriage had run its course, and that separation was the best way forward.

The former mayor admitted that there were warning signs throughout the years that went unheeded, and times he should have asked McCray, "What's missing in your life?"

"I just want to have fun," McCray told the Times, suggesting that after years of being in the limelight, she was ready for a low-key relationship.

McCray supported her husband throughout his career, and was even by his side during his brief journey into presidential politics, which she warned him against embarking on.

They both agreed that being in politics had put a massive strain on their marriage, and wondered if things would've been different had De Blasio not been elected mayor.

Prior to meeting De Blasio, McCray had identified as a lesbian, and even wrote an article proclaiming her sexuality to the world. Despite being told that he was her "soul mate," the former mayor explained that he often wondered about her claim.

"For the guy who took the chance on a woman who was an out lesbian and wrote an article called 'I Am a Lesbian'," he told the Times, "there was a part of me that would at times say, 'Hmmm, is this like a time bomb ticking? Is this something that you’re going to regret later on?' So I always lived with that stuff."

The pair said they will cohabitate "for the time being," but seemed eager to get back out there and meet new people.

Link

Bill de Blasio and Wife Raise Eyebrows - and BS Detectors - With Lovey-Dovey ‘Separation Announcement’

Quote:Former New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has always been a bit of a strange brew, something New Yorkers have known for a long time and people across America learned during his embarrassing, failed Democratic presidential run in 2019.

Here we are a year and a half after his last day in the mayor’s office and nearly a year since he dropped out of a Democratic Congressional primary race and electoral politics altogether, and de Blasio is pulling what may be his strangest stunt yet – going very public alongside his wife, Chirlane McCray, in announcing they are separating.

While a formal joint statement revealing such news is quite common along with also requesting privacy, it appears the de Blasios actually sought out an interview with the New York Times in order to alert New Yorkers about their decision, informing them in a very lovey-dovey way not often seen on display by couples who are going their separate ways — perhaps because their separation, as it turns out, is only a technical thing:

From the Times piece:

“You can’t fake it,” Ms. McCray said Tuesday from their kitchen table.

“You can feel when things are off,” Mr. de Blasio said, “and you don’t want to live that way.”

They made their decision that night.

Mr. de Blasio and Ms. McCray are separating.

They are not planning to divorce, they said, but will date other people. They will continue to share the Park Slope townhouse where they raised their two children, now in their 20s — the vinyl-sided hub of a thoroughly modern political family whose mixed-race symbolism helped send a spindly progressive long shot to City Hall.

[…]

Rather than issue a terse joint statement to announce what they called a trial separation — the carefully worded fate of so many political marriages before theirs — the two suggested they wanted to get considerably more off their chests.
They concluded — Mr. de Blasio more forcefully than Ms. McCray — that their marriage would not have reached this place if he had never been mayor, as grateful as they said they were for the experience and as proud as they remain of much of their work. (“Everything was this overwhelming schedule, this sort of series of tasks,” Mr. de Blasio said. “And that kind of took away a little bit of our soul.”)

In the piece, de Blasio said in so many words that he constantly worried during the course of their marriage if McCray would go back to being a lesbian, which she “identified” as prior to the two beginning to date in the early 1990s. He also bragged about sporting a new haircut, and they both joked about putting their phone numbers and gym pictures in the newspapers to attract prospective dates:

Ms. McCray asked dryly if their phone numbers could be included in the newspaper.

“Can I put a picture from the gym in there?” Mr. de Blasio asked. (He added that he was “not a believer” in online dating.)

In an interview outside their Park Slope home on Wednesday after the Times published the report about their separation, McCray told reporters that the two of them were “still very much in love” but needed space, even though they’ll still be married and living together. She also expressed hope that people would view them as role models for how to split amicably:

“I hope that we can be a model for how couples can communicate honestly about what their needs are and to conduct themselves when they find it’s time to move in another direction. I think that’s important,” McCray, who came out as a lesbian before marrying de Blasio, gushed.

“That’s what we’re doing right now. But there’s a very deep bond between us. We’ve been together for nearly 32 years … Serving shoulder-to-shoulder in City Hall and even before that. We’ve raised a beautiful family,” she continued.

I’ve been a news junkie for several decades now and I’ve read a lot of articles in my time, but this one easily ranks in the top five most cringe not to mention unbelievable stories I think I’ve ever read. Quite frankly, the both of them would have done far better in just issuing a written statement announcing what they planned to do, and then traveling together to visit a therapist.

I mean let’s just call this what this is – not a “separation” but an open marriage, where both of them get to date who they want, whenever they want, and then get to make arrangements as to who gets to bring their dates home for a chat on what nights.

Not that it’s anyone’s business, of course, but you kind of invite people into your business when you pull stunts like this.

The man has a point.
07-05-2023 03:11 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Bill de Blasio & wife to separate, live in same house while his wife dates other men
No reflection on you CP, but I can't imagine giving less of a chit about any 2 people and their personal lives than I do these two.
07-05-2023 03:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RE: Bill de Blasio & wife to separate, live in same house while his wife dates oth...
(07-05-2023 03:16 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  No reflection on you CP, but I can't imagine giving less of a chit about any 2 people and their personal lives than I do these two.

Same here. I figure this is how most democrat marriages are.
07-05-2023 03:18 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

RE: Bill de Blasio & wife to separate, live in same house while his wife dates other men
You gotta have a program. You can't tell who's pitching and who's catching in a Democrat marriage without a program.
07-05-2023 03:53 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Bill de Blasio & wife to separate, live in same house while his wife dates oth...
(07-05-2023 03:53 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  You gotta have a program. You can't tell who's pitching and who's catching in a Democrat marriage without a program.

all that matters is whether you're the visitor or the 'home' team, Ja?! ... 03-wink
07-05-2023 04:04 PM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Typical cuck leftist.
07-05-2023 04:13 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
More power to him and her, but I think he just wants to view the BBC.
07-05-2023 04:21 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Filth.

In other words shes been frickin somebody else for a while and he is a prog filth cuck.
07-05-2023 05:02 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Cucks gawn cuck.
07-05-2023 05:06 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Damn, where did I put my give a craps?? I can't seem to find any of them.
07-05-2023 05:45 PM
Advertisement

450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Lefty hack-dom
07-05-2023 06:03 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(07-05-2023 05:45 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Damn, where did I put my give a craps?? I can't seem to find any of them.

I have some 'hot dice' workin' now ... @don'tPass ... 03-wink
07-05-2023 06:13 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Sure this doesn't belong under funny tweets?!
07-06-2023 12:35 AM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Online
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Why share something like this with the public? You’re not Jimmy and Rosalynn or Ron and Nancy. This is really sad.
07-06-2023 03:54 AM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

(07-06-2023 03:54 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Why share something like this with the public? You’re not Jimmy and Rosalynn or Ron and Nancy. This is really sad.

We have a nation chock full of narcissists.
07-06-2023 08:16 AM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
Dear Bill DeBlasio, you make Adam Schiff look like an alpha male with the magnitude of woke cuckness that envelops you.
07-06-2023 10:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.